Resident Evil 6 or Borderlands 2 first....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

I like the Resident evil franchise more, but it is getting questionable reviews. The Leon chapters are supposed to be great, while the Chris and Jake chapters might be much less. Either way I will get both by the end of year, but I think Borderlands might be worth a Day 1 purchase more just based on what I have seen so far.

naju890_963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 naju890_963
Member since 2008 • 8954 Posts

Borderlands 2 , hands down

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I'm an RE fan, and even I say "Boarderlands 2" by a country mile.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 StrongBlackVine

MonkeySpot

But will you still get both?

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

StrongBlackVine

But will you still get both?

I'll be buying RE6 the same way I got RE5 - I'll wait for all of the DLC nonsense to be "unlocked" on=disc for the Gold Edition, then I'll wait out the price until it's $10, and THEN I'll buy it. I had fun with RE5 though I thought it was weak, but for $10, it's hard to hate on it all that much... I don't like the action slant the series took with RE4, but unlike a lot of gamers, I'm still too into RE as a fan NOT to play it (same with ORC, eventually).

... I'm even raptly awaiting the new movie this Fall... That's how big of an RE dork I am...

:oops:

... B2 looks like it is as much fun as the first game, but I won't be buying that until some of the same criteria as above are met (fully "unlocked", disc-based DLC so I don't have to put it on my HDD, etc) and definitely waiting out a price drop 'til it's at least $20... Not $26, not $21.99, but $20 or less.

I refuse to support the DLC system, and the multiple version retail scam. I've got a TON of games I can play until such time as both games get within my wheel-house financially & content-wise. Patience is a virtue, but it REALLY pays off when you're patient AND a gamer.

:)

MAS_100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MAS_100
Member since 2012 • 77 Posts

I will definitely say Borderlands 2, Resident Evil 6 seems to have changed a lot from the other games, and including multiple playthroughs with different protagonists seems an odd way to go. The first Borderlands was just so much fun, and now with the certian improvements they have made to the game I'm sure I will be putting countless hours into this game when it is released. Borderlands 2 for me.

Danituga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Danituga
Member since 2009 • 561 Posts
Borderlands 2! You didn't even need to ask!
slaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 slaves
Member since 2004 • 1443 Posts

I have both pre-ordered so I'll be getting both. I still need to finish the first Borderlands.

Avatar image for Victorious_Fize
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Victorious_Fize
Member since 2011 • 6128 Posts
I've been playing RE since the original, and even I'll add to Borderlands 2 without a flinch! Thing about RE and some of the prestigious old IPs is that they're better off on the long term nowadays, a day one buy is too reckless from anything Ca$hcom, opps.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9159 Posts
i buy bordelands 2 on 360 and resident evil 6 360&ps3 but i prefer bordelands 2
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 StrongBlackVine

Well I am definitely gettiing Borderlands 2 on release day. I l like everything about Resident Evil including the live action movies. I really enjoyed Resident Evil 2 and 5 (the only two I finished) so I will be getting Resident Evil 6 at some point this year if not release day as well.