Resident Evil 5... My favourite PS3 game... And I can't play it! (Help!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tyuzfuny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 0

#1 tyuzfuny
Member since 2004 • 666 Posts
Alright, so I'm having a pretty rough time right now... I was playing some RE5 online Co-op the other day when my partner and I finished the level. The end of the level scoring thing came up, and it said I was saving... It was taking so long to save that my partner quit and I finally had to turn my PS3 off. I knew it was risky, but the game was frozen. I tried starting it up again but all it does is show the Playstation 3 logo thing, and then turn to a black screen. It will whurr really loud twice, and then is silent. I tried deleting the game saves, but the disc still won't read. My other games work, just not the game I want to play! What can I do???
M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#2 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

Thats a shame. But sorry I don't know what to do, I've always worried about it if my game freezes when it is saving, but it has always read the disc again.

tyuzfuny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tyuzfuny
Anyone at all? I really need help...
Sig12047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Sig12047
Member since 2004 • 4194 Posts

Hmm...so your other games still work? It's definitely a problem with the game that I havent heard of before. Can you still return it or is it too late? If not then call the store and see if you can do anything.

tyuzfuny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tyuzfuny

Hmm...so your other games still work? It's definitely a problem with the game that I havent heard of before. Can you still return it or is it too late? If not then call the store and see if you can do anything.

Sig12047
Ya, I was thinking maybe asking for a new disc or something? I'm guessing it's too late, but I'll have to see...
Brainhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Brainhunter
Member since 2003 • 2201 Posts
Delete the game entirely from your PS3 harddrive : you've tried the save files, now try the actual Game Data (the installation data). Then reinstall the game as though you were running it for the very first time.
T-Machine99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 T-Machine99
Member since 2007 • 1848 Posts

Yes, try deleting your game-utility data, and re-install it after.

tyuzfuny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tyuzfuny
Didn't even think about that... Thanks guys, that's a really good idea!
tyuzfuny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tyuzfuny
Alright, I deleted the game installation, and I saw a light at the end of the tunnel... It read the disc and allowed me to install a game update. But when it comes to re-installing the game to the hard drive, ITS STUCK AT ZERO!!! What can I do??
dantesergei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 dantesergei
Member since 2004 • 2254 Posts
wtf thats a rare problem friend i hate when that happens sorry i dont know what else you can do.