REPOST : THE PS5 SHORTAGES IS TOO SHABBY? WHAT DO I SAY...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kiul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

Edited By kiul
Member since 2003 • 27 Posts

Since the launch of PlayStation 5 worldwide. Gaming world has been in this 'shortage' of supply for gamer for NEXT GEN console. In conjunction with the same shortage of graphic cards which being related to 'crypto-miners'. Shortage of SONY PS5 is more than just it.

This are just my thought on our current shortages, some facts might have changes through times. Happy gaming !!

p/s : picture credited to SONY

As one of the owner of this magnificent machine. I could say most of us ( gamer ) would wanted to own the new SONY PS5 . Except for PC gamer who already having such a beast machine sitting at home waiting to get 'rock'. With the current situation, SUPPLY VS DEMAND really played its role and the price for this machine never going to drop soon.

As well as the pandemic still roaming the earth. It seems that there might be a little hope for PS5 to be produce massively in short period.

Afraid to say so, but here we are. A lot of gamer out there could still be waiting for the chances to spend for this beautiful masterpiece. Compared to the time when PC gaming world caught in Graphic cards shortages, the reason is always clear. Yes crypto-mining is real and we frequently read about how China banned this people who run large scale farms of crypto-mining ( you can google it though ) .

But afraid not, since the banning take actions. A lot of graphic cards already made available. Thanks to NVIDIA who replaced most of the RTX ( produce after APRIL 2021 ) with anti-mining chips which will vastly reduce the crypto-mining hashrate ! For example for RTX 3060 which previously can achieve up to 50MH/s now only can get around 25MH/s. The upcoming released model also will take immediate effect.

For those who is planning to buy the used RTX 3060 now for mining. Just bear in mind. You need to make sure it is produce before APRIL 2021.

Back to PS 5, as for this machine , I sensed there are dirty tricks ongoing around SONY environment. I am NOT accusing SONY to do so, but it is possible whoever involved in this market will surely understand why we still have shortages of PS5 supply despite of given time since it released.

To me, I am already satisfied for being able to buy one. Not that long, just two months ago and its not directly from SONY. I had to go through scalper for this. Yes , SONY do not have stocks, but scalper does. Weird enough.

By supporting this scalper, I already make them grow big enough until now. Then I read from one of PS5 forum, with this kind of circles keep going around and around. There might not be enough PS5 for consumer this soon.

Yes ! you got the money and you can buy from scalpers. But this actions might will just bring down the whole point of MSRP since the price now being markup double or triple from its original price. Since I am also one of the person who is responsible to buy from this scalpers, I found out this method of business will only make us consumer suffer more than them . Whats more? We cannot boycott or avoid from buying it and those scalpers will just do not care about us.

There are few things I can highlight in this business module being held by the sellers:

1) No more warranty from SONY since you are buying it from third person/ region lock warranty/ broken seal ( make sure yours is still intact )

2) Scalpers might gain one fold of profit here, but they might be sharing it with the one who leak this info ( from backdoor business )

3) Since you cannot claim warranty from scalper, it is a win-win situation for them but not us as consumer.

So then again, if you really going to wait for the price to scale down. I personally think it will took another year until PS5 version 2 being announce. I do hope a lot of people can get their hands on PS5 and expand the community in the gaming world. We will reach the time when cross-platform is offered and there are no boundaries between PC - PS5 - XBOX - ANDROID gaming made possible.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16877 Posts

Hate to be the one to put a lock on this, but Off-Topic is one of the few forums where topics about video games aren't allowed.