Refurbished PS3 Slim or New PS3 Super Slim bundle?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Postosuchus
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts

Hello everyone, I have decided to buy a ps3 at some point and have narrowed the choice down between a refurbished PS3 Slim, or waiting for a Black Friday PS3 Super Slim bundle, and would like opinions. I'm new to console gaming (except for NES back in the day) and from my research is seems console failure is a common enough occurrence to make me want the warranty that come with a new console. However, I have also heard that the PS3 Super Slim has reliability problems with the disc laser (as well as currently being too expensive for me at $250+ for one with an actual harddrive), and the standard warranty of 1 year isn't all that long. Should I spring for a cheaper Slim or wait for a black friday Super Slim bundle (it seems the last one was $200 with 250gb and last of us)?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6f5bd6cc396
deactivated-5c6f5bd6cc396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 deactivated-5c6f5bd6cc396
Member since 2014 • 43 Posts

I honestly would go with just getting a Playstation 4. You will get better performance and games and in a couple years, nobody will make games for the PS3 anymore. If you don't really care about the newer games and just want a PS3, I would go with the one with a bigger hard drive. But if I were you I'd save money to buy a PS4.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

i would just get a ps4 now, a lot of nice games are coming out for it and the graphics look incredible.

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5 Postosuchus
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts

For clarification I already have a relatively beefy PC and have no interest in the PS4. I'm after a (cheap) PS3 to get access to some console exclusives I missed in the past 8 years (in particular the "Tales of" series).