Red Faction demo - total crap but got good reviews...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

groundgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

User Lists: 0

#1 groundgamer
Member since 2009 • 2122 Posts
Like inFamous, I didn't like the demo. When I got the game of inFamous I loved it and still do. Now, I hate the Red Faction demo, but I want to know - with all these amazing reviews out there, is it worth a buy? The demo, for me was only about a 6/10. but we see 8.5 and 9 out of 10. Ign gave it 9 I belive, I dont see how it is that great. In the demo, the camera control is terrible and enemie AI is horrible. The destruction is good though, but if it only for high scores for destruction, whats the point in that if it lacks everything else? So, I would really like some help on this, if it has improved by the demo and if so whY? It would be a GREAT help. Thanks very much, :)
TicTac8745

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 TicTac8745
Member since 2007 • 3902 Posts
I didn't play the demo but I got the game on launch, and so far I am loving it. Don't know how camera control was bad, I say there's nothing wrong with it. The enemy AI isn't horrible but definitely lacking, I find that team AI is even worse though. I say it is worth it's 8.5 score and worth at at least a try - most will probably be turned off by the repetitive gameplay (again, something I don't care, I actually like it) but the multiplayer is great fun.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
i love it , the multiplayer outshines the single player though...
warriorsq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 warriorsq
Member since 2007 • 568 Posts

I really enjoyed the demo, and was going to get the game, but the re-spawning enemies put me off.

monkeyd_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 monkeyd_93
Member since 2007 • 6848 Posts
i hated the demo, the destruction wasnt as destructive as i thought as it felt like any other game, graphics werent too special and not much exploration. Just go to point x, then go to this place etc
Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

I enjoyed the RF demo and the Infamous demo. There is more than one opinion out there than your own. If you pesonally don't like a game, that's hardly justfiable to question all the positive reviews.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I love shooters where you can destroy a lot and that's why Bad Company was my fav. shooter on PS3 ... until red faction launched, it is by far my fav. shooter on Ps3, but that's just me ^^

gamermanps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gamermanps2
Member since 2006 • 1220 Posts

I loved both demos. Both future buys.

The destruction in Red Faction is just awesome. The way you can pick any huge building in the game, target the key supports and level it. Then you get a walker which is just unstoppable. The campaign is supposed to be a long open-world adventure and the multiplayer is also very fun.

groundgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 groundgamer

I loved both demos. Both future buys.

The destruction in Red Faction is just awesome. The way you can pick any huge building in the game, target the key supports and level it. Then you get a walker which is just unstoppable. The campaign is supposed to be a long open-world adventure and the multiplayer is also very fun.

gamermanps2
I agree, I did like the destruction in the demo, and with all these great reply's, it looks like I am getting it. :), thanks guys.
M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#10 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

I loved the infamous demo and couldn't wait to get my hands on the whole game. (which i have now)

Red Faction Guerrilla was a good surprise to me (the demo anyway). The graphics were better than I expected, and the framerates were surprisingly smooth. However I will not purchase the game because I feel that it will get very repetitive, very quick. :)

Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

i hated the demo, the destruction wasnt as destructive as i thought as it felt like any other game, graphics werent too special and not much exploration. Just go to point x, then go to this place etcmonkeyd_93

Are you serious?! First of all, what better destruction do you want? You can reduce huge buildings to rubble! And to the best of my knowledge, the destructibility is unparallaled.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 campzor

[QUOTE="monkeyd_93"]i hated the demo, the destruction wasnt as destructive as i thought as it felt like any other game, graphics werent too special and not much exploration. Just go to point x, then go to this place etcQuebecSuperstar

Are you serious?! First of all, what better destruction do you want? You can reduce huge buildings to rubble! And to the best of my knowledge, the destructibility is unparallaled.

Red faction 1 ("Digging" through walls) > Buildings/walls
Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

Red faction 1 ("Digging" through walls) > Buildings/wallscampzor

I've never played Red Faction but I've just watched a video of it on YouTube and I gotta admit that the first Geomod engine was quite impressive indeed. But that, being better than destroying huge buildings is nothing but personal taste. The fact is that the Geomod 2.0 engine is, by definition, more advanced than the Geomod one. Therefore, like I said, there's no destructibility like that of Red Faction: Guerrilla's.

groundgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 groundgamer
[QUOTE="QuebecSuperstar"]

[QUOTE="monkeyd_93"]i hated the demo, the destruction wasnt as destructive as i thought as it felt like any other game, graphics werent too special and not much exploration. Just go to point x, then go to this place etccampzor

Yes, I loved the first Red Faction, digging through walls were cool! And split screen was even better. I feel RF2 was a downfall for the series, but the third looks promosing, but like M0wen10 said, I think it will get reapetive quick.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 campzor

[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="QuebecSuperstar"]

groundgamer

Yes, I loved the first Red Faction, digging through walls were cool! And split screen was even better. I feel RF2 was a downfall for the series, but the third looks promosing, but like M0wen10 said, I think it will get reapetive quick.

i havnt played single player yet i just jumped into multiplayer first ... all i can say is the multiplayer is fun and theres a bit of customization and a variety of maps and modes... im sure the SINGLE player would be repetetive though..

The way i see it..

RF1 - single player ruled , geomod ruled , multiplayer was awful

RF2 - SP was bad , geomod was bad , multiplayer was actually quite good

RF:G - SP (dunno lol) , geomod is good i suppose , Multiplayer is awesome

ps3owna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ps3owna
Member since 2007 • 129 Posts

i like it it was very fun to play

groundgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 groundgamer

[QUOTE="groundgamer"][QUOTE="campzor"] Red faction 1 ("Digging" through walls) > Buildings/wallscampzor

i havnt played single player yet i just jumped into multiplayer first ... all i can say is the multiplayer is fun and theres a bit of customization and a variety of maps and modes... im sure the SINGLE player would be repetetive though..

The way i see it..

RF1 - single player ruled , geomod ruled , multiplayer was awful

RF2 - SP was bad , geomod was bad , multiplayer was actually quite good

RF:G - SP (dunno lol) , geomod is good i suppose , Multiplayer is awesome

I agree, but I think RF3 will be very repeative, but from online videos I have seen, it looks promosing.