Red Dead Redemption Vs. Assassins Creed: Brotherhood

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IplayEA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

User Lists: 0

#1 IplayEA
Member since 2008 • 93 Posts

Not sure if this is placed in the right section of this forum, but frankly I'm pretty bored with the games I have and looked up the best games for PS3 (both not exclusive in this case) and decided I would pick between Red Dead Redemption or Assassins Creed: Brotherhood. I own Uncharted and loved it but the multiplayer is not something I go back to very much. Can anyone give their unbias opinion about these two games and which has a strong single player, multiplayer, and replay value? I understand both are very good, but was just wondering what the people who owns both these games think to be the better. Thanks

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

Both had strong single players, but I preferred Brotherhood simply because cowboys and westerns don't interest me too much. I love open world games, but RDR's open world was just... boring. You could ride your horse for several minutes to get to one point on the map and you would see the same few things along the way; shrubbery, pasteurs, hills, desert, rocks and a few occasional random events, a la Fallout 3, which weren't enough to keep me from literally falling asleep trying to get to the other side of the map. I haven't even finished the game.. it kinda got stale for me.

Incidentally, I did nearly everything there was to do in Brotherhood's single player, and have since then hit the level cap of 50 in the multiplayer with quite a few hours invested into it. Ancient Rome, or anywhere in Europe for that matter, is far more interesting to me than early America.

America's too young to have any kind of interesting history behind it yet, lol.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I liked Brotherhood a lot more. In fact, I didn't like RDR one bit. Just sold the game a couple days ago.

3dfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4 3dfd
Member since 2008 • 767 Posts

I agree that the Uncharted 2 multiplayer wasn't great.

BUT TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION:

Red Dead Redemption. Its story mode is great and took me about 30+ enjoyable hours to complete. AC Brotherhood on the other hand, only took me maybe 10 hours to complete. I found AC multiplayer alright, better than Uncharted's but nowhere near COD's, and RDR's multipalyer is better than AC's. It's kinda like GTA IV multiplayer but in the wild west. OH and theres one more thing I should mention: RDR has the hardest trophy/achivement list of all my games, only 18% of the trophies I've got. Just thought I'd mention that (and I platinumed AC Brohood)

NylaMandisa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 NylaMandisa
Member since 2008 • 121 Posts

I prefered AC:B alot more. Exploring Rome was far more interesting than exploring Mexico and whatnot. RDR looks beautiful and the towns tend to be pretty unique and all, but the actual land between them is so boring. Only area of the game I actually enjoy exploring is the north (ie. forests and snowy mountain). Gameplay wise they are very different though, of course, so I enjoy them both equally and one more so than the other depending on mood. AC:B is great for being in the mood for freedom, fair few weapons, lots of different approaches to combat and you can actually be stealthy (major plus for me :D) and you can kill an endless amount of enemies with well timed kill-streak-combos(?). RDR on the other hand I prefer when I'm in the mood for more gritty realistic stuff.

Story wise, AC:B is all about crazy conspiracies, assassins rallying against the law of the land, so to speak and in general just rather over the top. RDR is pretty much all about Mr. Marston putting up with the strangeness of people until the end of the game. AC:B's story was interesting. RDR wasn't, but the characters you run into are in a quirky way. :)

Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Razor-Lazor
Member since 2009 • 12763 Posts
Red Dead Redemption, by far.
Rigour_Mortise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Rigour_Mortise
Member since 2006 • 873 Posts
Red Dead Redemption, and am I the only person who thinks Uncharted 2 MP is brilliant?
LovelyLost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LovelyLost
Member since 2011 • 130 Posts
Red Dead Redemption, without a doubt. Amazing game who had a big impact on me.
Red Dead Redemption, and am I the only person who thinks Uncharted 2 MP is brilliant?Rigour_Mortise
No, I also think UNC2 multiplayer is awesome. :P What level are you?
nabilose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nabilose
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

red dead , one of the best games ever made..ever

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
RDR is amazing, I never liked GTA but for some reason you put it in the wild west and I love it. I love the story, there are alot of conversations that just feel real and make the whole experience memrable.
Avatar image for DangerHiVoltage
DangerHiVoltage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DangerHiVoltage
Member since 2009 • 1157 Posts
red dead redemption, it took a little while for me to get into but the story unfolded nicely and i loved hunting/skinning, or collecting bounties. assassins creed brotherhood wasn't as good as i hoped. and 10 hour campaign? the multiplayer was ok but not enough to keep me playing. plus undead nightmare!
IplayEA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

#12 IplayEA
Member since 2008 • 93 Posts

Well guys I really appreciate all the feedback, I went with Red Dead even though some of you clearly stated BH was better, but Red Dead was 20$ cheaper and I figured I'll just buy Brotherhood when it goes down in price anyway, I'll tell you guys how I like it. Thanks though.

To Clarify, I may have made it sound that Uncharted Multiplayer was poor, but it really is good, I guess it just got a little stale for me after a while and I reverted to Bad Company 2. Of course, I thought Infamous was a pretty boring game, so as with all games, it's relative.

desk_jet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 desk_jet
Member since 2008 • 383 Posts

both are great games, i would give the edge to RDR only because to me the game felt longer. Brotherhood is a continuation of AC2 so if you havent played AC2 i would recommend that first.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

played RDR and honestly did not think much of it. I feel like the world was a decent size, but there was barely anything to do, and what there was to do was quite repetetive. Granted the actual story mode was not bad, and if you're into westerns then I'd say you'd probably like it. I didn't get to the online play so I can't comment on it, though I've heard people do enjoy it. However, I don't know how alive the online community is for it. If it's a decent price then it's at least worth checking out.

Even though I've never played AC:B I can tell you that ACII is one of my favorite games. Brotherhood looks to be like that but with a larger scale to it, though the story will probably not do much for you if you havn't played the previous titles.

Basically, I would buy AC:B and either rent or borrow RDR.

Arthas017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 Arthas017
Member since 2010 • 295 Posts

I've played both but...

RDR: I tried, and I tried reeeeaaally hard, but after 10hs it gor so boring I ended up selling it. Funny thing is, the game I played before RDR was Uncharted 2, so RDR's aim controls felt completely clunky. I like westerns, but I couldn't stand clunky aiming controls (of course I played without auto aim) and that so reminiscent GTA feel but without the fun of different cars and explosions and so on. It's not a bad game, but it's overrated.

AC:Brotherhood: I've played 1 and 2 before, and I think this one is the best up to date. Never played the MP part, it took me more than 30hs to beat, of course I did all the side quests, treasure hunting, feathers, etc. I still think though that Ubisoft includes so many stuff that you get kind of distracted from the main story sometimes.

Having played both, AC: Brotherhood is a better choice.

emphaticleech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 emphaticleech
Member since 2010 • 1113 Posts

played RDR and honestly did not think much of it. I feel like the world was a decent size, but there was barely anything to do, and what there was to do was quite repetetive.

blueboxdoctor

Whaaaaaaat? Nothing to do?! You didn't collect the outfits, do the gang hideouts, rob/protect stagecoaches, do the challenges, hunted, played the mini games, watch the films, wrangle rare horses or half of the hundreds of things to do in the game?

Meh. Maybe I'm biased, but as far as story mode and gameplay and just all out fun... I preferred RDR by far. However, the multiplayer on BH is fun as hell. Haven't tried much of the RDR MP yet, but Capture the Bag is excellent and the posse aspect of it is cool. Been playing Undead Nightmare since I (finally) 100% RDR ... and it is just as fun, moreso if you love old 50s style B-Horror movies.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Red Dead Redemption, without a doubt. Amazing game who had a big impact on me. [QUOTE="Rigour_Mortise"]Red Dead Redemption, and am I the only person who thinks Uncharted 2 MP is brilliant?LovelyLost
No, I also think UNC2 multiplayer is awesome. :P What level are you?

Agreed. It was really the first game that really hit home for me.

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#18 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
Maybe Red Dead. I really liked the gunplay in it. Very fun and both are lengthy as well.
hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22415 Posts

red dead , one of the best games ever made..ever

nabilose
Yep, agreed. RDR is way better IMO.
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

Brotherhood has slightly inferior SP but vastly superior MP, imo. I liked Brotherhood better.

Avatar image for The_Pig_Hostage
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 The_Pig_Hostage
Member since 2007 • 3702 Posts
I love AC:B, but... RDR > any open world game ever
Forza4Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Forza4Champion
Member since 2011 • 722 Posts
I have both games and I would say ACB is better in multiplayer and single player but RDR wins in the story dept. of course this is all opinion so....
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#23 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Just opinion, but for me - Red Dead Redemption.

JohnnyWPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#24 JohnnyWPSP
Member since 2009 • 1895 Posts

RDR is near perfect, so i would go for that one. It also may be cheaper since its older.

3dfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#25 3dfd
Member since 2008 • 767 Posts

RDR > any open world game everThe_Pig_Hostage

I cannot agree due to Saints Row 2 + 3

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
i like both games but i prefer RDR
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

'Red Dead Redemption', but I love westerns, and loved GTA4. The 'Assassin's Creed' series really doesn't do much for me. They're beautiful looking games, but that's about all they have going for them. Too repetitive and the whole Templar/mega-corporation/centuries long conspiracy theme has been done much better by other franchises.

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#28 Koi-Neon-X
Member since 2009 • 2148 Posts

Red Dead Redemption wins this one. I haven't played Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood yet, but I love the series and would like to play it eventually.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

RDR singleplayer was fun. But once I beat the story the game failed to keep me interested for long. She singleplayer started to get boring so I switched to online. But even that started to get boring fast.

While I had fun with the game I still felt it could have been better. I was like GTA IV. It had a lot of stuff in it but it just wasn't all that great at the end. Felt like it tried to be to realistic.
But that's just me....

As for Brotherhood I haven't bought it yet but if it's anything like AC2 I have no doupt that it's awesome.

neseri12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 neseri12
Member since 2009 • 207 Posts

Assassins Creed 2 is better than both but to answer your question, RDR will last you longer and they are both equally good. So RDR.

coltgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 coltgames
Member since 2009 • 2120 Posts
Brotherhood
Oil_Rope_Bombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Oil_Rope_Bombs
Member since 2010 • 2667 Posts
RDR is probably the best sandbox I've played, so that. I did like Brotherhood though, and completed 80% - 90% of it, same with RDR. (As in the whole game, not the story)
unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts
Get RDR if you have not played the other ACs.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
Loved both of them. Brotherhood had a solid single player but fantastic multiplayer. Red Dead had an lengthy, amazing single player. Red Dead was the "better" game but if I had to pick, I'd maybe go with Brotherhood. Can't go wrong with either and they are cheap these days.
TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TH1Sx1SxSPARTA
Member since 2011 • 1852 Posts
RED DEAD FO SHO!!! one of the best games this gen.
TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts
Red Dead Redemption.
THEGoD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 THEGoD1
Member since 2009 • 741 Posts

I honestly dont like RDR for some reason, I actually bought it along with Assassins Creed: Brotherhood and enjoyed the gameplay, and story more in Brotherhood.

I would also like to point out that I feel RDR is so bland, that I still havent even finished the game, and I will really need some courage to continue it. Thats just my opinion.

Avatar image for BraveOrSuicidal
BraveOrSuicidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BraveOrSuicidal
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
i know this is a bit of an out of date thread but i love the SP of AC BH because there is so much to do. with the MP of AC BH though i felt it was a bit repetitive, all you do is kill kill kill and guess what? more kill. in RDR the SP is fun with many options to do and the MP has stuff like Capture the Bag, Co-Op, Undead Overrun Co-Op, Free Roam Missions, Shootout, Etc. Etc.
H0lyguardian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 H0lyguardian2
Member since 2011 • 108 Posts
Red Dead Redemption! Both the Singleplayer and Multiplayer are great.