really bizarre PS3 freeze problem

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gbv750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gbv750
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Hi, I have a strange problem. I am playing Madden 2009 in Franchise mode. Everything was going fine for 7 weeks in the season until I played a Colts-Titans game. At that point, the game froze at the EXACT point when the field camera pans back at the end of the game. A few days later I played Colts-Titans a second time and it froze again at that exact moment. At this point I'm thinking my hard drive might be going bad. But just to be sure, I tried the Colts-Titans game in Supersim mode. Again it froze at the end of the game. So to see if it was the the Franchise or the hard drive, I restarted the game and tried to Supersim a random Packers-Bears game in Play Now. The Supersim worked; the game ended just normal. So then I get curious. I went back into Franchise and supersimed a different game, Jags-Browns (at this point I was' too frustrated to play all the way through). That game worked . Then I tried to supersim another franchise game. That worked, too. Then I tried Colts-Titans. It froze again. Then I remembered that before the game, I had gone into the Colts's roster and benched the starting QB (I play fantasy mode, so it wasn't Manning). As an experiment, I tried to reset my Colts roster back to normal before I started the game. Then I supersimed it , and it worked. So I thought I had solved the problem. So I went in to make sure the Colts starting qb was the default season starter. Then I played the game, and again it froze at that exact same moment at the end of the game. But it seems to me as though the problem is just the Colts and Titans. No other teams are freezing up on me. I know that PS3 has issues with freezing, but this one doesn't seem to line up with discussions I've seen on other threads. Any help will be appreciated.
Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts
For what I read(I hate walls of text) it might be just the disc...also this is no where near bizarre.
gbv750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gbv750
sorry about that. i typed separated paragraphs and somehow they got mashed together. so is there a way i can determine if it is just the disc? i only hacve the one game.
Roguey000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Roguey000
Member since 2010 • 125 Posts
Well you need to get another game to find out if it is the disc - its a bit strange that you only have one game. It makes that game rather expensive if you think 1 game needs 1 PS3. You could even get a store game to see, but I would recommend a disc game. Have you tried delete the game's data (not save game) just to see if the game installed something wrong?
Wuflungdung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 Wuflungdung
Member since 2007 • 634 Posts

i think its just a glitch, the same as it freezes when i try to use my franchise team in exhibition mode!

gbv750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gbv750
how would i do that? i have the franchise saved on a flash drive in case i needed to delete it from the hard drive. but i'm not sure what the correct procedure is. fyi, the game and ps3 were presents, so that's why there's just the one game.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Did you try reinstalling the game data (NOT the save data)?

gbv750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gbv750
you'll have to explain which is which. i'm very good with regular computer hard drives, but i'm brand new to ps3, so i don't know what i can delete and what i shouldn't. what is the difference between game data and save data?