Real life GOW3 Experience!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for carving_a_giant
carving_a_giant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 carving_a_giant
Member since 2007 • 1516 Posts

Hi guys,

i'm carving_a_giant. You may remember me from one of my other threads, 'Real life Killzone 2 Experience' in which I described how that all the electronics in my room that were on standby mode, and therefore displayed red LED lights, looked like Helghast eyes in the dark. Just to reiterate, it was quite scary when I awoke one night and thought the Helghast were in my room (i had just played Killzone 2 the night before, so you know what I mean)

Anyway, today I'm here to share with you another true story, and I'm hoping we can discuss this like civilized people.

I was playing with my dog in my backyard when I accidentally threw one of his toys on the roof. I went to fetch the ladder so I could climb up and get it. As I was about to climb the ladder, i felt something on my hand - it was an ant. I was about to brush it off, but then it occured to me; I was like a Titan to the ant, and the ant was like Kratos. I decided to make the most of the situation so I proceeded to climb the ladder while the ant was crawling on my hand and arm. You see where i'm going with this??? I was climbing the ladder like the titans climbing Mount Olympus. I decided to shake my hand wildly in the air, so for ant, it's whole level was changing orientation, which is what has been promised by the devs for God of War 3.

Now, i'm thinking of investigating this further by placing a spider, not a deadly one of course, on my hand and hoping that it will bite my hand so that I can feel pain just as the titan Gaia feels in the last trailer. I think its due to that Leviathan like creature (Hippocamus i think it's called) which seems to have grafted itself on Gaia's hand. I'd really like to emulate this to be honest.

So what do you guys think? Also This isnt blog material is it?

Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

This info.....

Has chaged my way of thinking.....

Forever.....

Avatar image for ColdfireTrilogy
ColdfireTrilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 ColdfireTrilogy
Member since 2005 • 4911 Posts
yes it most definately is.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
haha, good story. the killzone 2 one sounds funny 2
gugler990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gugler990
Member since 2010 • 2009 Posts

scorpion!

parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

quite possibly my favorite thread ever...

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
Cool story bro. No seriously, cool story, it made my day. Way to get yourself into the game. If you could make a video of it and put it on Youtube, especially the part with the spider I will love you forever.
Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

This story...is amazing!!! post more dude :D!!

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
I can help but get a kick out of this thread.
jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts

you have wayyyy tooo mucchhh time on your hands.

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts

jerkface96
And obviously insects too.
Foxh0und666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Foxh0und666
Member since 2008 • 479 Posts

I lol'd :D

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Swift_Boss_A

jerkface96
Did you even read? The whole GOW experience just happened, it wasn't deliberate and now TC is interested in experimenting with a spider. I say more power to him and I hardly think it would take as long as you are assuming.
ks1990steelman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ks1990steelman
Member since 2009 • 1418 Posts

It's 5:33 AM here and I say: "I am reading this topic and I go to bed". It was enough to completely destroy my sleep. :P

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jerkface96
[QUOTE="jerkface96"]

Swift_Boss_A
Did you even read? The whole GOW experience just happened, it wasn't deliberate and now TC is interested in experimenting with a spider. I say more power to him and I hardly think it would take as long as you are assuming.

o i did read, why else would i tell him he has too much time on his hand?? and of course its going to take a long time lol
jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jerkface96
[QUOTE="jerkface96"]

GrandJury
And obviously insects too.

lol good one
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

It would be best to find a miniature hippocampus and place it on your wrist. Make sure to film it too

carving_a_giant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 carving_a_giant

Hi guys,

Just me again. Thanks for the interest in my thread. There is acually a hidden meaning in this story, and that is that the world can be what you make it, but, you must act....NOW!

Oh, and one other thing "Olympus WILL be victorious!!!"

Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

the world can be what you make it, but, you must act....NOW!

carving_a_giant

..... Once again you hav changed my life.

You blow me away....

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

The beginning reminded me of The Simpson's Troy McLure:lol:

Long live Phil Hartman!

hodges_3_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 hodges_3_5
Member since 2008 • 351 Posts

I understand what you are saying, and it is very interesting, but I cant help but think you are on drugs...

Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#23 Ninja_Zombie83
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts
Is this an add for drugs?
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Swift_Boss_A

I understand what you are saying, and it is very interesting, but I cant help but think you are on drugs...

hodges_3_5
:lol: Tell me about it
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#25 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Good Lord...

justin01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 justin01
Member since 2004 • 857 Posts

Yea this universe is pretty big, and we are pretty small /sigh . But we have big hearts right?!

I think you should use one of those big wolf spiders that run around in the grass in the backyard, those things give me the heebie geebies.

parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

So i guess the toy you threw on the roof is Zeus in the story, looking down at you while you climb up to get it?

carving_a_giant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 carving_a_giant

So i guess the toy you threw on the roof is Zeus in the story, looking down at you while you climb up to get it?

parvie

Hmm, i'm not sure about that, but i was just thinking, my dog could have been one of the steeds of time from GoW2

If only I had 3 dogs :(

forrma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 forrma
Member since 2010 • 189 Posts

wow. i like god of war but dude. thats a little heavy

conistant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 conistant
Member since 2008 • 2169 Posts
Wow.Just wow.You should write the script for the god of war movie.
JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts
Dude that was a great post.
M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#32 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

lol, umm... I think this should go in your blog :)

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts

[QUOTE="carving_a_giant"]

the world can be what you make it, but, you must act....NOW!

Shirokishi_

..... Once again you hav changed my life.

You blow me away....

Agreed some people may think he's crazy but there's nothing wrong with having a healthy imagination it's something a lot of people lack today.

Avatar image for phoenix-serpent
phoenix-serpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 phoenix-serpent
Member since 2008 • 654 Posts

Hi guys,

i'm carving_a_giant. You may remember me from one of my other threads, 'Real life Killzone 2 Experience' in which I described how that all the electronics in my room that were on standby mode, and therefore displayed red LED lights, looked like Helghast eyes in the dark. Just to reiterate, it was quite scary when I awoke one night and thought the Helghast were in my room (i had just played Killzone 2 the night before, so you know what I mean)

Anyway, today I'm here to share with you another true story, and I'm hoping we can discuss this like civilized people.

I was playing with my dog in my backyard when I accidentally threw one of his toys on the roof. I went to fetch the ladder so I could climb up and get it. As I was about to climb the ladder, i felt something on my hand - it was an ant. I was about to brush it off, but then it occured to me; I was like a Titan to the ant, and the ant was like Kratos. I decided to make the most of the situation so I proceeded to climb the ladder while the ant was crawling on my hand and arm. You see where i'm going with this??? I was climbing the ladder like the titans climbing Mount Olympus. I decided to shake my hand wildly in the air, so for ant, it's whole level was changing orientation, which is what has been promised by the devs for God of War 3.

Now, i'm thinking of investigating this further by placing a spider, not a deadly one of course, on my hand and hoping that it will bite my hand so that I can feel pain just as the titan Gaia feels in the last trailer. I think its due to that Leviathan like creature (Hippocamus i think it's called) which seems to have grafted itself on Gaia's hand. I'd really like to emulate this to be honest.

carving_a_giant
that was holy epic! ok your not a lab rat. stop experimenting on yourself with the spider thing. you might get hurt
S-Smack8Raw-R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 S-Smack8Raw-R
Member since 2007 • 88 Posts

best thread ever...........omg you should win a oscar or something......and bring the ant on stage with you and ur weed that gave you this awesome thing....you prudent man

carving_a_giant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 carving_a_giant

[QUOTE="carving_a_giant"]

Hi guys,

phoenix-serpent

that was holy epic! ok your not a lab rat. stop experimenting on yourself with the spider thing. you might get hurt

Hi Phoenix, nice to meet you, my names carving_a_giant, i'm the guy who started this thread.

Anywhow, It's nice to know you care. Oh, and for everyone else out there, i've decided to not do the spider thing. I mean, what if i got a nasty bite and couldn't hold a controller properly on March 18 (release date for GoW3 in Australia)

Avatar image for phoenix-serpent
phoenix-serpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 phoenix-serpent
Member since 2008 • 654 Posts

[QUOTE="phoenix-serpent"][QUOTE="carving_a_giant"]

Hi guys,

carving_a_giant

Hi Phoenix, nice to meet you, my names carving_a_giant, i'm the guy who started this thread.

Anywhow, It's nice to know you care. Oh, and for everyone else out there, i've decided to not do the spider thing. I mean, what if i got a nasty bite and couldn't hold a controller properly on March 18 (release date for GoW3 in Australia)

its march 16 :D cant wait