RE5 gets a 3/5 on xplay!

• 136 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

Wow, I was not expecting that. I often find their reviews fair(the 5 point scale tends to weed out bias well compared to other methods). First Fable 2 as game of the year and now this. I new the controls were very questionable,but still.

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts
lol xplay
Gohansephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Gohansephiroth
Member since 2005 • 9871 Posts

lol xplayAdamPA1006

lol G4 they still pretend to be a gaming channel when there just a third rate spike tv now

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#4 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts

[QUOTE="AdamPA1006"]lol xplayGohansephiroth

lol G4 they still pretend to be a gaming channel when there just a third rate spike tv now

And that is not good on any term.Spike TV has awful programing.The only thing I watch on that channel is CSI and TNA impact.The rest of their shows are terrible.Especially manswers and 1000 ways to die.The channel also seems alittle sexist towards woman.G4 has not been good in years.When they came out with the show Hurl that was the last straw for me.As for RE5 getting a 3/5,oh well it is just an opinion.Did they say wy else it recieved a low score?....And Fable 2 being game of the year was alittle off.
ian0005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ian0005
Member since 2003 • 81 Posts

So much better when the channel was ZDTV and it was Gamespot TV way back.

NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NaughtyRag
Member since 2009 • 2309 Posts

since when is xplay a valid source for reviews.. they give madden like 5 out of 5.. MADDEN!!!! one of the worst series..

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 K1LLR3175

since when is xplay a valid source for reviews.. they give madden like 5 out of 5.. MADDEN!!!! one of the worst series..

NaughtyRag
LOL.Madden.That is funny.I was having a bad day,but that cheered me right up....MADDEN haha.
itwiz90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 itwiz90
Member since 2003 • 3037 Posts
[QUOTE="Gohansephiroth"]

[QUOTE="AdamPA1006"]lol xplayK1LLR3175

And that is not good on any term.Spike TV has awful programing.The only thing I watch on that channel is CSI and TNA impact.The rest of their shows are terrible.Especially manswers and 1000 ways to die.The channel also seems alittle sexist towards woman.G4 has not been good in years.When they came out with the show Hurl that was the last straw for me.As for RE5 getting a 3/5,oh well it is just an opinion.Did they say wy else it recieved a low score?....And Fable 2 being game of the year was alittle off.

The Spike Channel SUCKED, I mean it sucked so bad when I would turn to that channel my furniture started sliding toward my TV . ;)
magicquebec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 magicquebec
Member since 2006 • 1306 Posts

Stop looking at the 3/5 like a$$holes and listen to what they are saying, everything they comment on is very true, the game is very frustrating, there's a lot of problems with it. RE5 dosent feel like 2009, Dead Space is far superior.

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 K1LLR3175
Did they make a written review?I want to see some of the bad points they listed.
madvibes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 madvibes
Member since 2008 • 63 Posts

Just by playing the demo alone. Id give it an 8.0

nuyorican84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nuyorican84
Member since 2007 • 82 Posts

ROFL!!! Who in their right mind would give two sheets for what a balding know-nothing gelding like Adam Sessler, along with his broad-shouldered, formerly attractive co-host, thinks about anything????

I give them a 1/5 for being for being couple of talentless, moronic a-holes!

Cutekitten6_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Cutekitten6_18
Member since 2005 • 22640 Posts

WHile i Agree X Play was ALOT better back on TechTV.. I also agree with them on this case. I think RE5 isn't anything special. IT plays rather poorly in my opinion for a next gen game in 2009.

Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Eazy1891
Member since 2009 • 3089 Posts
thank u magicquebec....jesus i swear 2 god people get their panties all in a bunch wen their must have gets a low score...in da end no reviewer can rilly b counted on...cuz it doesnt matter wat they think it matters wat u think...but i agree RE5 is just wack its sticking 2 its old ways and it needed sum change...yes great graphix and a great story but if i wanted great graphix and a great story id buy a cg movie like re:degeneration...no if i want a game then its gonna b a game wit sum good game play da only game i liked dat was piled up wit scenes was mgs series because of how great the gameplay was on it.....RE5 is gonna be way overrated by n e one else and G4 r da only ones who got it just rite...
Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts

Probably because it lacked the RE4 merchant or any merchant of any kind.:|

But hell I don't care what they gave it I'm still getting it.:P

SamuRai_JeDi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 SamuRai_JeDi
Member since 2008 • 1019 Posts
I'm not sure where you guys are coming from, but Madden is a great series, one of the best sport series of all time AND Madden '09 was superb in almost every aspect.....just because its not a freaking jrpg like all you super gamers like doesnt make it a bad game. I would suspect RE5 should've gotten better than a 3, but i dont even watch that show so i dont care. [QUOTE="K1LLR3175"][QUOTE="NaughtyRag"]

LOL.Madden.That is funny.I was having a bad day,but that cheered me right up....MADDEN haha.

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 K1LLR3175
thank u magicquebec....jesus i swear 2 god people get their panties all in a bunch wen their must have gets a low score...in da end no reviewer can rilly b counted on...cuz it doesnt matter wat they think it matters wat u think...but i agree RE5 is just wack its sticking 2 its old ways and it needed sum change...yes great graphix and a great story but if i wanted great graphix and a great story id buy a cg movie like re:degeneration...no if i want a game then its gonna b a game wit sum good game play da only game i liked dat was piled up wit scenes was mgs series because of how great the gameplay was on it.....RE5 is gonna be way overrated by n e one else and G4 r da only ones who got it just rite...Eazy1891
Ok I am going to ask you flat out and out,do you have a problem spelling?
Avatar image for dragonkiller012
dragonkiller012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 dragonkiller012
Member since 2006 • 42 Posts

serious dead space? their controls are somehow ironic the same to re4 and re5. so i wouldn't be talking dead space as the original horror game. but instead EA uses a sci-fi type of horror. plus doesn't a few knows x-play? and others called it crap?

superlobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#19 superlobo
Member since 2008 • 599 Posts

I played the demo offline four times and then online Co-op and I loved it. It just takes a whileto get used to the controls. Online was sooo cool, you can give items, and see different routes (if you play as the girl) and get tossed on roof tops and so on. It has alot of replay value.

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts

I watched the review and, adam is a decent reviewer, he may not give great scores all the time, but a lot of the points seemes valid in the game,

i mean come on seriously, you cant move and hold a knife at the same time, thats ridiculous, the controls are just horrible too, it feels like the same kind of walking you do in Skate 2, but these are all my opinions on how a game should be made, so dont flame me, im sure alot of you guys can handles those controls better than me lol.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#21 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

[QUOTE="Eazy1891"]thank u magicquebec....jesus i swear 2 god people get their panties all in a bunch wen their must have gets a low score...in da end no reviewer can rilly b counted on...cuz it doesnt matter wat they think it matters wat u think...but i agree RE5 is just wack its sticking 2 its old ways and it needed sum change...yes great graphix and a great story but if i wanted great graphix and a great story id buy a cg movie like re:degeneration...no if i want a game then its gonna b a game wit sum good game play da only game i liked dat was piled up wit scenes was mgs series because of how great the gameplay was on it.....RE5 is gonna be way overrated by n e one else and G4 r da only ones who got it just rite...K1LLR3175

KILLER3175...I can always count on you to make my day with comments like that!!!! lol.

vibrantdesign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 vibrantdesign
Member since 2008 • 530 Posts

Give me back TechTV :(

Avatar image for EyeShatteredSky
EyeShatteredSky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#23 EyeShatteredSky
Member since 2008 • 1510 Posts

The score hit me as a shocker! Xplay was so in love with RE4 when it first landed in their review office. Even given it their Game of The Year. Guess the 5th entry in the series just didn't WOW them as much as they hoped.

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
Yeah I saw that, there complaints were all exspceted except the whole race thing they kept bringing up saying it did not have to be in Africa. It did not have to be in Amarica or Spain either so what is the point of constantly bashing it for it. I could have seena 4 four their complaints but not a 3.
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts

Wow, I was not expecting that. I often find their reviews fair(the 5 point scale tends to weed out bias well compared to other methods). First Fable 2 as game of the year and now this. I new the controls were very questionable,but still.

dercoo

Whats wrong with their review? I presume you've played the game and think its better? Oh thats right its not out yet.

EDIT

OK I just watched the review everyone who is complaining about this are fanboys plain and simple unless you owna copy of the game and can prove the things he's saying aren't true although to me it looks like he hit it on the money. This game maybe a 7 - 7.5 at best maybe an 8 for the graphics but thats it. Also it only brought up the race fact once how is that constantly bashing it?

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts
I'm not sure where you guys are coming from, but Madden is a great series, one of the best sport series of all time AND Madden '09 was superb in almost every aspect.....just because its not a freaking jrpg like all you super gamers like doesnt make it a bad game. I would suspect RE5 should've gotten better than a 3, but i dont even watch that show so i dont care. [QUOTE="K1LLR3175"][QUOTE="NaughtyRag"]

SamuRai_JeDi

What? points to MLB the show 09 Madden 09 what?
NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NaughtyRag
Member since 2009 • 2309 Posts

SamuRai_JeDi

you must have low standards, i for one do not like to play games that are half done.. madden 09 superb in almost every aspect HAHA i think i almost died of laughter.. oh and for your jrpg comment, i think i have only played one of those and can't remember if i liked it.. Next time you should really think before posting, someone might not let you off the hook like i just did..
GatCloudX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GatCloudX
Member since 2008 • 1459 Posts
attack of the show is cool but xplay went down the drain
Kyuubi_Vegetto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Kyuubi_Vegetto
Member since 2005 • 142 Posts

I'm not sure where you guys are coming from, but Madden is a great series, one of the best sport series of all time AND Madden '09 was superb in almost every aspect.....just because its not a freaking jrpg like all you super gamers like doesnt make it a bad game. I would suspect RE5 should've gotten better than a 3, but i dont even watch that show so i dont care. SamuRai_JeDi

Still doesn't change the fact that Madden is one of the most overrated,overpraised,overrhyped video game series of all time.

What's wrong with their review? I presume you've played the game and think it's better? Oh right it not out yet.jerimiah

And I presume you're one of those people who assumes that any score positive or negative any reviewer gives a game is just. I bet you also think Gamespot's score of Sonic Unleashed is unquestionably correct despite the fact that not only does that 3 they gave it somehow make it a worser game than Sonic The Hedgehog, but then they turn around and give Blood On The Sand a 7.

cdx00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 cdx00
Member since 2006 • 222 Posts

I played the demo offline four times and then online Co-op and I loved it. It just takes a whileto get used to the controls. Online was sooo cool, you can give items, and see different routes (if you play as the girl) and get tossed on roof tops and so on. It has alot of replay value.

superlobo

Getting tossed onto roofs = great gameplay

Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts

[QUOTE="superlobo"]

cdx00

Getting tossed onto roofs = great gameplay

Kinda like Assassins Creed.

Just youneed a buddy to get to other buildings.:P

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#32 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I suggest people at least rent a game and try it out.

Also, if you are taking Adam and Morgan serious when it comes to game reviews, you really shouldn't.

Their reasons why they don't like majority of the games is beyond rational. This also goes to their good scores that are not near what most game deserve in quality.

They voice their own "opinions" when it comes to games and are not giving proper nor full explanations of what the game offers to warrant their scores.

It's better to believe your own judgement and common sense then take Xplay serious in any way shape or form.

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts

[QUOTE="AdamPA1006"]lol xplayGohansephiroth

I know most of the stuff on G4 isn't even video game related. Now they're showing Star Trek, Cops and other nonsense that doesn't even belong on damn video game network. Only thing in my mind watchable is Xplay...but the 3/5 is very underrating for this game...even after I've played RE5 and beat it I think it definitely deserves a 4/5 OR 9/10 to be honest. And I can be a harsh critic. Shame on you Xplay!!
Avatar image for Morning_Revival
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Morning_Revival
Member since 2008 • 3475 Posts
I trust X Play when it comes to reviews most, because I seem to usually agree with Adam and Morgan. Although, I must admit, that review really surprised me. Im not buying the game because I dont think it looks that good but since they were such big fans of the RE4, I thought for sure that this would get a 5/5 rating aswell.
SolidSerpo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#35 SolidSerpo
Member since 2009 • 61 Posts
MADDEN is what???? Are you that bad in it?! Forget triple platinum. It practically does that every year multi platform. It is the best EA sports game along with FIFA, I played NHL O9 and NBA 2K9, both flawed. Tiger Woods is too arcade like. G4 probably needs some ratings. I don't think they film every day either. Just moved to another time slot. Morgan Webb getting her own show. I like how they were honest with the 2 baseball games this year. I really think RE5 is not that good. I played the demo, and found it was tedious. Perhaps that is why capcom is re-booting with RE6. Besides, the replay value of the game is not great, and the campaign lasts for about 12-15 hours; compared with RE4 which had a 30-40 hour single player campaign!
king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#36 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
I can live with that. G4 isn't always right but I like the score they gave RE5. It seems pretty "meh" to me but it just got overhyped.
Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
ohwell i'm still buying the game. I'm not going to let other people pick what games i should play/buy.
SolidSerpo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#38 SolidSerpo
Member since 2009 • 61 Posts
I'm renting it. I have SF4 coming and I'm hooked on KZ2 multiplayer.
Kyuubi_Vegetto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Kyuubi_Vegetto
Member since 2005 • 142 Posts

and the campaign lasts for about 12-15 hours; compared with RE4 which had a 30-40 hour single player campaign!SolidSerpo

I think 30-40 hours is bit much none of the Resident Evil games were very high on play time.

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 K1LLR3175

[QUOTE="K1LLR3175"][QUOTE="Eazy1891"]thank u magicquebec....jesus i swear 2 god people get their panties all in a bunch wen their must have gets a low score...in da end no reviewer can rilly b counted on...cuz it doesnt matter wat they think it matters wat u think...but i agree RE5 is just wack its sticking 2 its old ways and it needed sum change...yes great graphix and a great story but if i wanted great graphix and a great story id buy a cg movie like re:degeneration...no if i want a game then its gonna b a game wit sum good game play da only game i liked dat was piled up wit scenes was mgs series because of how great the gameplay was on it.....RE5 is gonna be way overrated by n e one else and G4 r da only ones who got it just rite...MarcRecon

KILLER3175...I can always count on you to make my day with comments like that!!!! lol.

LOL.I was just asking a question.He posted in another thread and his spelling is pretty bad.But some people have problems spelling so instead of making fun of him I just asked him.
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts

[QUOTE="K1LLR3175"][QUOTE="Gohansephiroth"]

itwiz90

The Spike Channel SUCKED, I mean it sucked so bad when I would turn to that channel my furniture started sliding toward my TV . ;)

yeah the only thing i ever watch on it now is MXC and whenever theres a free UFC on... other than that its garbage

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 CanadianCR
Member since 2008 • 3824 Posts

[QUOTE="Gohansephiroth"]

[QUOTE="AdamPA1006"]lol xplayK1LLR3175

I think you forgot about Spikes contract with the UFC .. making it one of the best channels around, regardless of other programming ..

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 K1LLR3175
UFC or not it is a garbage channel.Manswers,1000 ways to die,DEA,Vice city cops uncut all garbage shows.DEA is boring,you might aswell watch Task Force on A&E.Vice city cops Uncut....Let me tell you why this show is bad.It is like every other Swat/cop show out there but worst.They say uncut yet they blur out more things than the original cops...Uncut my ass.I am a man and I think Manswers is a dumb ass show.1000 ways to die also is up there.Thank you spike TV,thank you for putting some of the worst unoriginal programs on TV.
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 CanadianCR

UFC or not it is a garbage channel.Manswers,1000 ways to die,DEA,Vice city cops uncut all garbage shows.DEA is boring,you might aswell watch Task Force on A&E.Vice city cops Uncut....Let me tell you why this show is bad.It is like every other Swat/cop show out there but worst.They say uncut yet they blur out more things than the original cops...Uncut my ass.I am a man and I think Manswers is a dumb ass show.1000 ways to die also is up there.Thank you spike TV,thank you for putting some of the worst unoriginal programs on TV.K1LLR3175

:lol: Strike a nerve?

All I watch is CSI, UFC and MXC .. which makes it a good channel for me ..

But TV Tropolis takes the cake .. could be one of the greatest channels of all time .. A&E and Discovery are also some of the best ..

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 K1LLR3175
Yeah you kinda did.I remember when spike use to be TNN lol.I never heard of TV Tropolis.
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 CanadianCR

Yeah you kinda did.I remember when spike use to be TNN lol.I never heard of TV Tropolis.K1LLR3175

TNN was terrible .. TV Tropolis shows like Married With Children, Seinfeld and some others I can't think of .. but Married With Children seals the deal .. :lol:

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 K1LLR3175
I know.I was just saying that I remembered when it was lol.I think the last year of it was 2003.Aslong as you enjoy the programings that is all that matters.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#48 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

3 out of 5 is quite honest. after all it does look like a gc 1.5 game lol

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 K1LLR3175

mariokart64fan
Don't you mean Resident evil 4.5?
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Member since 2007 • 5749 Posts

[QUOTE="mariokart64fan"]

K1LLR3175

Don't you mean Resident evil 4.5?

After finishing the game i couldn't say its RE 4.5 from the demo i used to say like that but damn, the game was EPIC and with my cousin besides me, it was great. Heck, even the story is better then RE4 1000x times.