RE: Operation Racoon City Is It RE6?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 redskins2156
Member since 2007 • 2553 Posts

So is this game supposed to be capcoms RE6, or is it like a spinoff or somthing?

spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 spawnassasin
Member since 2006 • 18702 Posts

pretty sure its just a spin off

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
its a spin off capcom has said that Revelations is basically re6 it takes place after re5 and will be treated as a full re game
Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

It's been confirmed a spin off. I'll only accept it as RE6 when it's actually called Resident Evil 6. So until then their all spin offs.

Also it's a squad based shooter so don't be expecting a survival horror.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#5 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
no, but hopefully this will get the shooter itch out of capcom. i hope re6 is actually focused on the series' horror roots.
Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Randoggy
Member since 2003 • 3497 Posts
Is there a 6 in the title?
FIREKNIGHT19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FIREKNIGHT19
Member since 2010 • 467 Posts

It's a spinoff. It's also a flashback game. It takes place around the same time as Resident Evil 2 & 3 when Leon Kennedy was a rookie.

Also, what Crossel777 said. Capcom and Slant Six have already stated in a couple of interviews that it is a squad based shooter. NOT survival horror.

ahnzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ahnzz
Member since 2006 • 612 Posts

RE:Revelations is not RE 6. It takes place between RE4 and RE5.. RE:ORC is a spinoff taking place during RE 2

Avatar image for Defy_The_Fallen
Defy_The_Fallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 Defy_The_Fallen
Member since 2011 • 621 Posts

Its 100% Spin Off. CapCom said they have no plans to create another resident evil game for ages, until around 2018 to be exact. CapCom aren't even developing this, It's slant six games, creators of SOCOM. Incase you don't know, its nothing like a resident evil game, more of a third person shooter and you play as umbrella troops attempting to kill leon. It's set at the same time as resident evil 2, so leon's a police officer who's just arrived at racoon city.

redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 redskins2156
Member since 2007 • 2553 Posts

UGH! squad based shooter, WHAT THEY HELL HAPPENED TO MY RESIDENT EVILLLLLL!!!!! and why let slant 6 make it. If you wanna kill a great franchise, hand it over to slant 6. Just look at what they did to socom.

It's a spinoff. It's also a flashback game. It takes place around the same time as Resident Evil 2 & 3 when Leon Kennedy was a rookie.

Also, what Crossel777 said. Capcom and Slant Six have already stated in a couple of interviews that it is a squad based shooter. NOT survival horror.

FIREKNIGHT19

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#11 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

No its a spin off and neither is Revelations which I believe takes place before 4 and 5.

KoolzKatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 KoolzKatz
Member since 2009 • 827 Posts

Its 100% Spin Off. CapCom said they have no plans to create another resident evil game for ages, until around 2018 to be exact. CapCom aren't even developing this, It's slant six games, creators of SOCOM. Incase you don't know, its nothing like a resident evil game, more of a third person shooter and you play as umbrella troops attempting to kill leon. It's set at the same time as resident evil 2, so leon's a police officer who's just arrived at racoon city.

Defy_The_Fallen

Is that really true? That Capcom isnt planning a new resident evil game for that long? Whats the reason behind that, resident evil is still a successful franchise, why wait so long for re6?

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts

[QUOTE="Defy_The_Fallen"]

KoolzKatz

Is that really true? That Capcom isnt planning a new resident evil game for that long? Whats the reason behind that, resident evil is still a successful franchise, why wait so long for re6?

Capcom is not the company it used to be. Seriously, it was like the second this generation of consoles hit Capcom starting sucking big time.
Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#14 Koi-Neon-X
Member since 2009 • 2148 Posts

I've been a fan of Resident Evil since the beginning and if this new entry is a squad-based shooter I'm willing to give it a chance. Of course I'd rather experience a Resident Evil 6 that's in the same vein as RE 1-5. I guess time will tell how this one will turn out;)

FIREKNIGHT19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FIREKNIGHT19

UGH! squad based shooter, WHAT THEY HELL HAPPENED TO MY RESIDENT EVILLLLLL!!!!! and why let slant 6 make it. If you wanna kill a great franchise, hand it over to slant 6. Just look at what they did to socom. [QUOTE="FIREKNIGHT19"]

redskins2156

Yeah tell me about it. When I heard this about Slant Six I kind of got that sinking feeling in mygut. And I agree. Even though I enjoyed playing RE 4 & 5, I just felt like something was missing. I want what RE 1 was all about. Get me a trueRE game that gets me back to that. I want real survival horror.

FIREKNIGHT19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FIREKNIGHT19

Defy_The_Fallen

I think 2018 is a little far fetched. Capcom a few months ago fast tracked all their games, focusing on major franchises like Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, and Street Fighter. The link below says they want to fast track RE6 and there most likely will not be much of a gap between 5 & 6 like there was between 4 & 5.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/40721/Resident-Evil-6-news-incoming