2 0%
5 3%
9 25%
7 4%
1 10%
3 7%
10 26%
4 4%

I don’t have it or the other console, I never buy at launch, and I’m unlikely to get it or the other console until 2023 or whenever the inevitable upgrade revision consoles are released. So I didn’t choose a number.

Just curious about what early adopters think so far.

• 
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

So far (knock on wood) I haven't seen any bugs or technical issues with my system. It's powerful, silent and loads like nothing I've ever seen before. Demon's Souls and Valhalla are gorgeous and well executed games. The visuals showing on my Samsung Q80t QLED tv and the sounds coming from my Sony STR-DL790 Atmos receiver (even though PS5 doesn't support Atmos in gaming, I'm using DTS-X) complete the immersion.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

I don't see any way to view the results without voting, so I voted 1.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1342 Posts

I love it, zero loading times, insanely beautiful graphics, the console is quiet, and the UI is easy to get used to.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I am happy with my Playstation 5. Only 2 small errors during the total time, I have been playing. But Sony seems to have fixed with the update. The shape/design has grown on me. The controller is great, haptic feedback is a nice gimmick. The handles of the controller a bit long. Taken some time to get use to after Dualshock 4.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

I am happy with my ps5 i love the ui the ssd and the games of course demons souls and astro play room steel my heart and mind i rate it 9/10

vahilanj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 vahilanj
Member since 2020 • 51 Posts

i love PS5. its amazing

ThoBrooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ThoBrooks
Member since 2021 • 54 Posts

I was lucky enough to place a preorder with GameStop on December 18th. I was trying to buy one during one of their restock events but they sold out within a minute. I'm not sure why but it popped a "place preorder" button and my order was accepted. My confirmation said it would deliver by 1/5 /2021 but it was actually delivered on 12/31. Now if I could just find the controller charger, everything would be great.

Duntastar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Duntastar88
Member since 2019 • 40 Posts

I've had a bad experience so far, it constantly disconnects from the WIFI and I have tried everything from rebooting the router/modem and then the console

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2078 Posts

Love it, however my controller had drifting issues. I was issued a new controller so no problem now.

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

I would give it either an 8-9 out of ten. Only problems I have is that I can't disconnect my Controller from the USB and play on the couch. I also wish there is an External Hard-drive because I have a lot of saved gallery on my harddrive.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6860 Posts

I love it. Gave it a 9 would give it a 10 if it gets ps1, ps2 and ps3 BC.

Jendeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jendeh
Member since 2004 • 732 Posts

I was torn between an 8 and a 9. My only issue has been some game crashing. It's not enough to piss me off, but has been enough that I noticed it. Better since the last patch, so I voted 9.

barny0111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 barny0111
Member since 2007 • 255 Posts

Great. Now just waiting for the games.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1342 Posts

Yeah more games would be nice at this point. The selection is a bit limited currently.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

As a computer I give it a 4/10.

Pros:

• Finally, a console with an SSD and a decent CPU
  • Some games support frame rate options
  • Disc-less option is very quiet, decent cooling.
  • Controller is a good upgrade
  • OS dashboard is snappy. Layout is okay.

Cons:

• No support for arbitrary resolutions (that's just rude, not everyone plays on a TV all the time. Monitors have better latency and higher refresh rates and modern hardware absolutely should take advantage of this).
  • Still no expandable storage updates.
  • Exclusives are few and far between, which for me means long periods of time where I'm not using it.
  • Some games still don't give you frame rate options
  • No graphics options in console games (why?)
  • No backwards compatibility for PS1, PS2, or PS3. (for shame on the first two, Sony)
  • It's too big and looks dumb. Plenty of other ways to design a box with great cooling in a smaller form factor.
  • No color options. Sony isn't doing it, but they are threatening other people who are trying.
  • My controller has a fucky touchpad button
  • Requires subscription to play games online (thanks for this thread, I will cancel it now before I forget again and get charged for another 3 months during which I'm not using the system). No, I don't want the free games. I either have them or they suck.
  • Still ads on the OS dashboard. I don't want to see that shit. I know what PS5 games I'm getting at least 6 months in advance.
  • Games with 'performance' options to run at 60fps still dip below that target.
  • Locked down hardware. It may be a computer, but Sony dictates what you can and cannot do with it.
  • Demon's Souls crashed a lot when I was playing. At least once per long session.
  • No Bloodborne update

Bottom line:

If you don't care about PS5 exclusives, why would you buy this? Yeah it's just another console, but this time it's not total crap!

Okay okay... If we treat it like a console with all the bullshit limitations therein, maybe it's a 7/10. Games run okay. Quality of life sucks. Sony knows their audience, I'll give them that. You get what they give you and shut the **** up.

Newbiegamers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Newbiegamers
Member since 2021 • 23 Posts

PS5 Still popular choice until now,,

Kizza_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Kizza_Soze
Member since 2021 • 448 Posts

Love mine...But I am a fan without an attached boy & I think SSD was a mistake & gen too early for both consoles due to pricing... I need large storage capacity as I jump between masses of titles.

I would have preferred either 3TB SSD & pay the same I did for PS3 ($999au), or just stick with HDD & got 4TB & up other specs in console to make more powerful.

I also love the new controller, but the battery sucks..I have 2 controllers & they get maybe 5-6hrs playtime....it is a 1st world problem & a small complaint, but in comparison with the mighty DS3's lasting 20hrs+, both DS4 & DS5 have abysmal battery life!

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

I was ready for next-gen in 2019, my PS5 has seen plenty of use, give it an 8 for its first year. Wouldn't get as high score without the free upgrades though.

Newbiegamers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Newbiegamers
Member since 2021 • 23 Posts

Life is A GAME my Friends

HighFashion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 HighFashion
Member since 2021 • 4 Posts

I love mine for MLB the show

Chris_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#22 Chris_53
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts

I rated it 8\10. I really like the system and am excited for the future. However I've had some minor technical issues.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#23 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

The controller makes it. Really happy.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2503 Posts

Controller is nice

BC is a huge win

Party system/UI is a step backwards from what PS4 had

Games are severely lacking..most first party titles are also on PS4 with minor differences, by this time in PS3 and PS4's life cycle there was much more to offer for games.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#25 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

I've an opportunity to buy a PS5 (digital edition) for cost....but I have no interest in getting one......

I just remember the old days when I got the gaming magazines and pined over the next best game to come out on the PSX or PS2 (back when I did game on consoles). Too many of the big (triple A) type games are pretty much garbage and not worth your time or money.

I'll just pass on it and let someone else have a crack at buying it.

Chronogos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Chronogos
Member since 2014 • 391 Posts

6/10. Mostly due to the lackluster new controller. I was hoping we'd have more buttons this gen, and the "Back Button Attachment" for the DualShock 4 got me excited for the possibility of the PS5 having new buttons (with the PS4 attachment for compatibility?). The haptic feedback is a cool new feature, but I'll admit - it's a gimmick just like the Xbox One's vibrating triggers were, and it's not game-changing. Speaking of "game-changing", the PS5 isn't enough of a jump from the PS4. The DualSense is just an enhanced DualShock 4, and the graphics are noticeably better but not mind-blowing. There was a drastic improvement in graphics with all previous generations, but this time, despite a 7 year gap, Sony hasn't put much effort into making a revolutionary design. I think that's why they're pushing those haptic triggers so much, because it's really the only standout feature of the PS5. I know we'll eventually get some killer apps for this console, but it's not been a very remarkable first 2 years this gen. I like my PS5, but I'm not "Wowed" by it as much as I was this far into all the previous systems.

ROCKBO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 ROCKBO
Member since 2005 • 195 Posts

It's great, but the rest mode bug that has yet to be addressed knocked off a couple points from me. I just want sony to get their shit together in general.

Kyubi79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Kyubi79
Member since 2022 • 2 Posts

I really rate the PS5. I like the way it looks and the UI is cool.... but the most mind blowing game I've played on it so far was Astro's Playroom. The game do look good on it though

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7221 Posts

I really like the system once I got used to the UI everything just runs smoother.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7138 Posts

Yes its the best running Playstation yet. Well made. I gave it a 9 because as much I like the looks of it. Its huge lmao.

But as a system it's smooth as butter and quiet.

Ps4 sounds like a jet engine. I feel bad for who ever is still stuck with the ps4 still. Going from ps4 to ps5 is a huge jump in tech. When it comes to tech I think it's the biggest jump in ps history after ps1 to ps2.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1005 Posts

Not gradable. For the Xbox and PS5 the sky's the limit. Although the PS5 has a ugly user interface. They should have multiple ui interfaces to choose from. The PS3/4 ui was better and simpler. Theres soo much crap on the PS5 ui that you have to flush your toilet, but it literally gets you nowhere until you click a bunch of times.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#34 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3631 Posts

Got a PS5 after 2 years of waiting and it's worth it less for me now. I do like the controller though hate how you don't have a clean home menu. Fast compared to the PS4 especially downloads. Would I have bought one at launch? Probably not to be honest as my PS4 was working then till recently. Tried out RE3 Remake(PS5) and it looks the same as the PS4 version just faster load times.