R&C Future: Tools of Destruction or Uncharted? (read first please)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jjgamer03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 jjgamer03
Member since 2007 • 1743 Posts

Okay, we all know October will be one of the greatest months gaming. I still have one month before October, and I am looking for a game to keep me busy until then. Right now, I am currently playing nothing (other than some MGO, but its getting old).

R&C- I have never played a R&C game before, but this one looks interesting, especially this "RYNO IV" weapon I heard about. I heard a lot of good things about this game and it sounds great! I am just scared that it would be too "childish". I played the demo..and I didn't really like it much. How is the full game?

Uncharted- I played the demo and I loved it! Unfortunatly, I am worrying about replay value.
1. I don't care about trophies.
2. I think this game might get repetitive.
3. I heard single player is short.
Everything looks great, the only thing that worries me is replay value and the fact that its an old game and it could turn into a greatest hit in no time...thats about $30 saved!

So, all I am looking for is th overall better game with more replay value. I also love unlockables, like unlockable cheats or awesome weapons. I wouldn't have to worry about anything other than Replay value, so both are awesome games, I just want to know which one to play first. Thanks in advance everyone :)!

jjgamer03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 jjgamer03
bump?
white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#3 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
I would go with Uncharted, it was a very fun experience.
knicknut17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 knicknut17
Member since 2003 • 1987 Posts

Ratchet and Clank is like a Pixar movie not only in looks, but also its writing. There are plenty of subtle adult references in jokes that most kids simply won't pick up on.

Ratchet and Clank has a wonderfully diverse set of cool weapons that are incredibly fun to use and full of charm. Tools of Destruction is the first R&C game that I played and I must say, I'm a big fan of the series now. The only thing that I found weird is that there are so many references to the Pirates of the Caribbean movies...Regardless, this game is full of charm and life. It is wonderful adventure that can easily be played through twice.

spidadragon1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 spidadragon1
Member since 2007 • 1844 Posts
I would go with Ratchet and Clank, the series is great and Ratchet is one of the mascots of the Playstation brand. They are both good but I enjoyed the R&C series from the first game so I'm a bit biased (although everyone has their biases)
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
R&C, while Uncharted is pretty good, R&C has alot more to it.
Trick933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Trick933
Member since 2005 • 808 Posts
Uncharted FTW
kingyotoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kingyotoX
Member since 2007 • 2689 Posts
I really enjoy RAC, but that being said uncharted looks awsome, considering you have never play a RAC game I would go with uncharted.
Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#9 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts
Both games are great, try to get both. :)
htvvillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 htvvillain
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

If you want your moneys worth and serious replay value I could only recommend Ratchet & Clank. Uncharted is a fantastic game with a great story but 10 hours is all it takes and there is very little reason to go back through the story again. This is for two reasons: 1) All the enemies look the same and killing them becomes repetetive 2) Puzzles are so simple that repeating them is nothing more than chore at best!

Ratchet is simply a more in depth experience that lasts around 15 hours with tons of upgrades, weapons, enemies, planets to explore and platforming that is surely unique and most often challenging enough.

Dont worry about it being a "kiddie" game it is definetly not! I just believe that this is the kind of game that warrents a $60 price tag and Uncharted could be a killer two day rent.

Avatar image for Visible_ninja69
Visible_ninja69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Visible_ninja69
Member since 2008 • 1214 Posts

From what you're saying R&C. It will last you longer then uncharted, very fun,, it's not even a cakewalk because gamespot is biased. Trust me it's an amazing game that you should love

CONMAN999PS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CONMAN999PS
Member since 2008 • 1163 Posts
I'd have to say Uncharted
gamegod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gamegod
Member since 2002 • 2497 Posts
rachet and clank is longer so i would go with that
The_Wild_Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 The_Wild_Tiger
Member since 2006 • 1712 Posts
i dunno.....i have both and they are both really fun with lots of replay value. hmmm. i would say ratchet and clank since its more free roaming and has a weapon upgrade system and whatnot. Yes get Ratchet and Clank first then get Uncharted later because believe me u dont wanna miss out on these two they are both amazing.
FrankenRookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FrankenRookie
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Uncharted - I enjoyed it much more.
mysimsrule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mysimsrule
Member since 2007 • 35 Posts
I am like a R&C fanatic and i can tell you, go with Ratchet and clank. First of al, you'll never get bored of it, well until you finish it but that will take you well over october so i would go with that. Also, they have improved it a lot!
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts

BUY Ratchet and Clank. RENT Uncharted. It doesn't matter how fun a game is when it's 8 hours long with no REAL replay value.

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
Well I'll first come out and say that both games are awesome. But I enjoy R&C more. It will last you longer, the story is great and entertaining and has better replay value in my opinion.
ILOVETHEENOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#19 ILOVETHEENOT
Member since 2005 • 422 Posts
Uncharted, better gameplay
king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#20 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
I'd say Uncharted.
ikwal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ikwal
Member since 2004 • 1600 Posts
I would go with Uncharted, even though the single player is quite short it's the PS3 game I've played the most single player on, completed it 4 times or something. R&C is also a good game but I don't think it has as much replay value because it's not as fun to run around and shoot stuff in it. Maybe it's just my childish humor but I thought the cutscenes was quite funny and the game was charming overall.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ea874e06483b
deactivated-5ea874e06483b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5ea874e06483b
Member since 2006 • 2896 Posts
I just got Uncharted yesterday and the game is amazing.:D
sanpreet8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sanpreet8
Member since 2008 • 2111 Posts
i'd say ratchet and clank.
AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

uncharted, u like the demo for it and not the R & c one. plus the 1st level of ratchet is the best imo

DSPX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DSPX
Member since 2004 • 585 Posts

I think Ratchet and Clank is still the best game on PS3. Of course, I'm a hugh fan of 3rd person platform shooting games where you have to collect stuff and buy and upgrade weapons. The only problem is that once you have the Omega RYNO 4 at level X, it takes every shred of challenge out of the game because the weapon will destroy any enemy in 1-2 seconds.

I hope they keep making R&C sequels forever.

vidplayer8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 vidplayer8
Member since 2006 • 18549 Posts
Ratchet and Clank is pretty much your only option then, especially if you don't care about Uncharted' trophies, which adds replay value.
halfbreed11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 halfbreed11111
Member since 2007 • 578 Posts

get ratchet and clank

it was quite good

dark_onefff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 dark_onefff
Member since 2005 • 34 Posts

i would suggest Uncharted. i have beaten it twice and now im going on a third. There are cool unlockables and it is a great game.

I traded in R&C, it is a childish game and it is boring. Go with uncharted. it is amazing.

ShamrockRovers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ShamrockRovers
Member since 2006 • 1441 Posts
Both games are great, But if I had to choose I'd go with Uncharted:)
jjgamer03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jjgamer03

I think Ratchet and Clank is still the best game on PS3. Of course, I'm a hugh fan of 3rd person platform shooting games where you have to collect stuff and buy and upgrade weapons. The only problem is that once you have the Omega RYNO 4 at level X, it takes every shred of challenge out of the game because the weapon will destroy any enemy in 1-2 seconds.

I hope they keep making R&C sequels forever.

DSPX

That is whats fun in my opinion! :P I love just have every bit of shear power once I have nothing left to do, messing around is fun.:) I am leaning on the R&C side a bit, but since I never played a R&C game before (besides a few levels on Deadlocked and others) I am worrying if I won't understand the story. Is the story newb friendly?
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
For future reference, when you're looking for a new game to get or play, please use the Game Recommendation Thread. Thanks.