R2 is way to freakin' hard.

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Joncon88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Joncon88
Member since 2007 • 267 Posts
This is a flipping joke how hard this game is. Everything just charges you over and over and over. Bosses charge you, chimera charge you, drones charge you... I know i'm not the only one who thinks this game is way to hard. I'm only in California and have probably died over 30 times already. Any one else want to vent if this game is to hard for them.
jordan123x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 jordan123x
Member since 2007 • 69 Posts
challenging= fun
abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 abdelmessih101
Member since 2007 • 5230 Posts

challenging= funjordan123x

This is my opinion as well. I already beat the game on Normal - I'm not sure if I can do it on Difficult though.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

Given my unusually easy work schedule this week, I've had the chance to spend some serious time with R2. Enough that I've already beaten it on Normal, and worked my way half-way through on Hard.

To be honest, I don't find it all that hard. Not that I haven't died a fair bit, but I never became frustrated or felt the need to quit. Not even close.

I'm not saying it's easy, but I don't find it "too freakin' hard" either.

outcasted1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 outcasted1
Member since 2007 • 886 Posts
I'm not too worried about the difficulty, I just completed the Orik level and my only problem so far are those freaking human-chimera hybrid things that run at you. After that experience in the garden when they first appeared, I may sound like a little girl saying it, but I practically sprint past any "eggs" I see. :shock:
Other than that though, this game is a masterpiece, and I honestly believe its online portion is the true "cod killer".
Anyways, TC, what parts are you finding most difficult, are they the ones where you explore alone or along with your sentinel buddies? Because if its the prior option, I would consider that normal IMO, with the latter option though, you might have to consider bumping down the difficulty.
patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 patriots7672
Member since 2008 • 3249 Posts
Want another challenging game? Try Dead Space.
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
To me the worst games on the hardest difficulty are the Call of Duty games.Thanks the unlimited respawning enemies and other annoying crap that difficulty alone will make you hate the game.
jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts
i was gona make a topic about this also, it gets pretty tough some times, and at certain parts i die numerous times lol, but i dont think the boss battles are too hard at all, i think those are so far some what easy
NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts
Dont have it yet but the first was hard. the bit on the lift where you are against 20 or so enemies in a small space is silly hard. And the bit where all the stick chimera come out of those pods is very hard. especially when you run out of shotgun ammo... :|
hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

This is a flipping joke how hard this game is. Everything just charges you over and over and over. Bosses charge you, chimera charge you, drones charge you... I know i'm not the only one who thinks this game is way to hard. I'm only in California and have probably died over 30 times already. Any one else want to vent if this game is to hard for them.Joncon88

Isn't there an Easy difficulty setting?

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts

Given my unusually easy work schedule this week, I've had the chance to spend some serious time with R2. Enough that I've already beaten it on Normal, and worked my way half-way through on Hard.

To be honest, I don't find it all that hard. Not that I haven't died a fair bit, but I never became frustrated or felt the need to quit. Not even close.

nyc05

yea i agree with u, im on the same boat. im workin on hard myself, im in chicago and i love the challenge i mean heck if it was harder id probably love it more lol

laptop12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 laptop12
Member since 2007 • 638 Posts
am i right if waiting for Killzone 2,
DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8762 Posts
Hard mode here too. And also in Chicago. It could be harder. Hahah.
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
[QUOTE="jordan123x"]challenging= fun[/QUOTEUnless we are talking about Ninja Gaiden Sigma.
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts

The game is designed so that they give you tactical, position, and weapons advantages to each fight. If there's a shotgun lying around in your path, guess what you should be using... etc.

If you stick to what they probably intended, then it shouldn't be too much of a problem. This is one of the first games for me where the difficulty was a perfect blend of challenge and ease of play for me.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#16 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
I beat the first Resistance on hard. Would you say R2 is harder on hard than R1?
mangoslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 mangoslayer
Member since 2007 • 88 Posts
Challenging can lead to fun, but then again challenging can lead to pure frustration.
bytgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bytgames
Member since 2008 • 1030 Posts

Challenging can lead to fun, but then again challenging can lead to pure frustration.mangoslayer

its very challenging and very fun i love it

Kuruption84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Kuruption84
Member since 2003 • 5354 Posts
I beat the first Resistance on hard. Would you say R2 is harder on hard than R1?x-2tha-z
So far I wouldn't although I feel like it cruises on the line between challenging and downright cheap at certain parts. Overall though it's not too bad.
jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts
as long as there isnt 15 chimera all shooting the auger at the same time, then its not that hard lo l
espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 espoac
Member since 2005 • 4342 Posts
It is hard but almost never frustrating. So in general I appreciate the difficulty. However, the stupid boss battle against The Swarm is just cheap and annoying. I can't wait to get passed it. Any tips?
JOHN117_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JOHN117_basic
Member since 2002 • 3418 Posts

nyc05
I just got the mgs4 bundle when it came out so just played resistance finally a few months ago. And I played it first play through on hard didnt think it was that difficult. Now I will say i have beaten all halo games on heroic first then legendary single player. I havent played r2 yet but hope its more challenging then the first.
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#24 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts
Good, makes me want the game even more. I will get more play time out of it that way. It will be a while before I pick it up though.
420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 420Token420
Member since 2007 • 5173 Posts

If it isn't to easy it's to hard .. :roll:

lmhansen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lmhansen
Member since 2003 • 2981 Posts
There's probably more cheap death than the game being hard. Too often you turn a corner and stare into a sentry gun or 4 guys with Augers. And once you've spent all your ammo getting out of that hot-zone, you get run down by 50 spinners and those exploding guys.
smeags11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 smeags11
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
I beat the first Resistance on Superhuman. And to me it was harder in the beginning and got easier as the game progressed, except for those damn auger weilding guys.
Avatar image for untouchables111
untouchables111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 untouchables111
Member since 2005 • 1650 Posts
it just takes some quick thinking to overcome
Avatar image for clarkportmanken
clarkportmanken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 clarkportmanken
Member since 2003 • 1714 Posts

i don't think its hard as much as its boring everything just charges they don't focus on anyone but you and it totaly kills the experience for me its so scripted and unnatural it kills the atmosphere of the game, the weapons are way more powerful though and things go down quick.

but my god does it get old fast, they should just go out and make a zombie game lol. like i've said before they need some programers to right some good AI cause thats always been lacking in resistence.

KapG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KapG
Member since 2007 • 1037 Posts

already beat it on hard on my first play through. I got frustrated a couple of times during the last 2 levels but that was more because I knew I was close to beating the game and really just wanted to play online (too many times I go online and never beat the SP...)

I don't plan on playing it on Superhuman though.

chad_giac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 chad_giac
Member since 2008 • 222 Posts
i beat it in one day.......................come on man
420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 420Token420
Member since 2007 • 5173 Posts

i don't thi nk its hard as much as its boring everything just charges they don't focus on anyone but you and it totaly kills the experience for me its so scripted and unnatural it kills the atmosphere of the game, the weapons are way more powerful though and things go down quick.

but my god does it get old fast, they should just go out and make a zombie game lol. like i've said before they need some programers to right some good AI cause thats always been lacking in resistence.

clarkportmanken

You must be playing a different Resistance 2 than me ..

SirSkilz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SirSkilz
Member since 2006 • 218 Posts

nyc05

Oh please, everyone gets frustrated after dying 3 times in a row or just before a check point. Whats the weather like up there on your high horse of gaming mastery?

Resistance = Hard

Elviathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Elviathan
Member since 2006 • 5052 Posts
Yeah, that was one of the gripes I had with the game. All the enemies somehow kept charging at you even though there are other sentinels in the battlefield, so that's one thing I didn't like about it. And I have to agree with you that sometimes, the game feels like it's impossible to beat, even on the normal difficulty, but once you beat it and know your way around the enviroment, it becomes more how should I say it, "user friendly" to your reflexes since you will probably know the pattern of how your enemies attack. I'm currently playing the game on hard, and I'm on the Orick level and I've only died 2-3 times.
Viper2847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Viper2847
Member since 2003 • 236 Posts
everyone seems to say everything positive about the game is only the MP,wether it be the coop or competitive play and just comletely trashing/ignoring the SP campaign. Whats with you people? the single player campaign is amazing and so action packed. By far one of the best campaings ive played and I think its right up there with the SP portion of GOW2. Anyone agree? I just see so many complaints about SP and to me it seems like loads of fun/action and the challenge is nice,and not overly unbalanced IMHO.
Avatar image for ColdfireTrilogy
ColdfireTrilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36 ColdfireTrilogy
Member since 2005 • 4911 Posts
lol this game isnt hard ... go back to playing hard games on older consoles ... this game is a cake walk on hard relatively speaking ...
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts
[QUOTE="nyc05"]

SirSkilz

Oh please, everyone gets frustrated after dying 3 times in a row or just before a check point. Whats the weather like up there on your high horse of gaming mastery?

Resistance = Hard

My high horse of gaming mastery? How long did it take you to come up with that one?:|

As far as Resistance 2 being hard, I never said it wasn't. I merely said I don't find it "too freakin' hard", and that I never became frustrated with the game.

That's not to say games haven't frustrated me before, but R2 did not. Believe it or not, I don't really care.

Understand that not all people experience the same degree of difficulty as others do. R2 is one of those games that I didn't think was too hard, certainly not to the point of frustration.

Resistance 2 = hard for some/not so hard for others. There are no facts about it because everyone has different experiences.

Capeesh?

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 abdelmessih101
Member since 2007 • 5230 Posts
[QUOTE="clarkportmanken"]

i don't thi nk its hard as much as its boring everything just charges they don't focus on anyone but you and it totaly kills the experience for me its so scripted and unnatural it kills the atmosphere of the game, the weapons are way more powerful though and things go down quick.

420Token420

And everyone else. :|

[QUOTE="SirSkilz"][QUOTE="nyc05"]

nyc05

Resistance = Hard

My high horse of gaming mastery? How long did it take you to come up with that one?:|

As far as Resistance 2 being hard, I never said it wasn't. I merely said I don't find it "too freakin' hard", and that I never became frustrated with the game.

That's not to say games haven't frustrated me before, but R2 did not. Believe it or not, I don't really care.

Understand that not all people experience the same degree of difficulty as others do. R2 is one of those games that I didn't think was too hard, certainly not to the point of frustration.

Resistance 2 = hard for some/not so hard for others. There are no facts about it because everyone has different experiences.

Capeesh?

When will people learn not to mess with you man? :roll:

It's like you're a target because you're never wrong. :P

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts
It is challenging like the original game, which makes it fun.
cs45F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 cs45F
Member since 2008 • 1147 Posts

Want another challenging game? Try Dead Space. patriots7672

Hmm i havent gotten that far through R2 but i dont think its that hard but yea i played a good way though Dead Space too and that game was a pain in the @$$.

sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 sa10kun
Member since 2007 • 4290 Posts
LittleBigplanet is hard.
C_BozkurT_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 C_BozkurT_C
Member since 2008 • 3580 Posts
it's really not a hard game
Avatar image for clarkportmanken
clarkportmanken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 clarkportmanken
Member since 2003 • 1714 Posts
[QUOTE="clarkportmanken"]

420Token420

lol wish i was playing the same resistance 2 your playing i just found it alot duller this time around with everything just honning in on you and the zombie mod squads just hunting you down. it just feels like one type of battle over and over again. and the ai just a bit to simple for my taste.

Viper2847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Viper2847
Member since 2003 • 236 Posts
i find the AI to be pretty smart in R2,single player is non stop action thats just a blast to play. Maybe you did get a different R2,oh shoot.....
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts
in my opinion R1 was harder than R2....
pwnmachine244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 pwnmachine244
Member since 2008 • 536 Posts

nyc05

Listen to this man.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#47 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts
I played the game on hard mode and guess what! It was very hard. I wonder how easy it is on normal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#48 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts
LittleBigplanet is hard.sa10kun
In a little big way
zatoninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 zatoninja
Member since 2004 • 581 Posts

Does R2 have OFFLINE 4-Player Split-Screen? And if so, can you play the Campaign Co-op with 4-Players Offline?

njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 njean777
Member since 2007 • 3807 Posts
well im on hard mode now and its challenging but you just have to get use to how the game plays and you need to be patient.