R18+ rating. Australian gamers, its time to make our stand!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

icey05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 icey05
Member since 2005 • 145 Posts

I have stumbled upon a website detailing a party who strongly support the R18+ classification for Australian's

http://www.gamers4croydon.org

I think we all need to get behind this movement, and work towards bringing it to the National level. We need to make sure us gamers get correct representation in the Government in this matter.

Get on the website and check it out, also check out the top right section of the website that lets you contact your local MP, you can either shoot them your own email, or use a pre-written letter, created by the people of the Gamers4Croydon movement, which argues the point VERY strongly.

The one man standing in the way of thisR18+ ratingis a man who seems more concerned with controlling the Australian people, even reffering to gamers as criminals, stating on gamespot.com.au:"I assume the Gamers4Croydon campaign will involve criminal activities and dirty tricks, which is what I've come to expect from gamers," he is clearly letting a personal bias get in the way of his duties and responsibilities to the Australian people.

Support your fellow gamers, but most importantly, let the Government know your opinion. The only way we are going to get thisR18+ ratingto be pushed through, is by National recognition, it's time us gamers stop taking the crap and stand our ground.

Thank you.

Note: I was unable to use the word "C.lassification", so i replaced the word with "R18+ rating"

CBR600-RR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 CBR600-RR
Member since 2008 • 9695 Posts

I'm so glad I live in the UK. :P

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

Check this out too if the subject matter interests you. It's about time Australia got one.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

I'm so glad I live in the UK. :PCBR600-RR

As am I. Our lack of censorship and low prices have attracted custom from all over the rest of Europe. The Germans especially enjoy paying less for more. That's probably also the reason as to why we are the largest market for video games in the whole of the EU.

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#5 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

Yep, Australia gets lots of games banned, pretty lame.

Glad I live in the UK

Kryptonian007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Kryptonian007
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Well I don't know if you have heard the Attourneys Generals are meeting friday on R18+ for games but they are intending to only allow the rating provided we can't buy from overseas anti r rating groups like video group want no r rating at all and are petitioning to stop it. If we cannot buy from overseas it means they are free to edit games still so we won't know they have been by introducing a ban on purchases overseas, this is nothing but communistic dictatorship actions against our freedoms as adults. Also they will not re-release previously banned games either and will still not allow them to be bought from overseas. This sucks, please help with a new petition, spread the word and ask others to help, like EB Games, etc...
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#7 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Wow, got bumped up from 10 months ago!

I'm glad I live in the UK, I think it's stupid banning certain games because of their content. They're only games! Unfortunately it's people with mental problems who spoil it, since they go and copy what's in the game and ruin it for everyone.

mjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mjc  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 12723 Posts
As it is considered disruptive, please avoid bumping old threads.