Quick Question - Ps3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RedxSniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RedxSniper
Member since 2009 • 1097 Posts

I need a mic for the ps3 ( getting one friday ) and i'd like to have it asap so i can talk to my friends when i buy the ps3 friday so,Should i get the "Gamestop accessory bundle" since it's 29.99 and it comes w/ a hdmi cable ( won't need ) , ps3 controller ( can come in handy for split multi on black ops ) and USB headset. http://i56.tinypic.com/xcsqrm.jpg Or should I wait and save up for a triton/turtle beach ?

FIREKNIGHT19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 FIREKNIGHT19
Member since 2010 • 467 Posts

If you want to be able to talk to your friends and online immediately, I would buy the bundle. If this does not bother you, then save up for one of the others. If you do buy the bundle, then I would start saving for another headset down the road. I have the Turtle Beach PX-21. Mid priced and nothing too fancy. They have worked out better than I expected for me. Good sound, mic mute and seperate game and chat volumes. Feel very light on my head and comfortable on my ears. I do not think you will be disappointed.

RedxSniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RedxSniper
See i want to be able to talk to my friends immediately. And it's 29.99 for a ps3 controller and a USB headset. I'm just wondering what kind of controller it is.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Turtle Beach px21 or a Triton that's equivalent. Don't get any 5.1 or 7.1 mics because 99.9% of console games barely support Dolby Digital Surround sound.
RedxSniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RedxSniper

Alright so now all i got to see is the turtle beach or the triton. Poll is updated.

Why should i dish out $70 for these head phones when i keep hearing bad reviews about them? Why don't i just go with $20 blue tooth, I mean i only really need them for chat. Game volume will be off my speakers.

fusionhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 fusionhunter
Member since 2008 • 2009 Posts

Dude if you want it just chatting then buy a bluetooth headset. Dont bother with gaming headphones. Most headsets are good once you look after them.

RedxSniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RedxSniper
I'm going

Dude if you want it just chatting then buy a bluetooth headset. Dont bother with gaming headphones. Most headsets are good once you look after them.

fusionhunter
I'm going to listen to you because that's how I feel. I only want it for the chat function, all the game volume will be going thru my speakers. So now it goes back to which bluetooth LMFAO. I'm thinking either the Logitech USB, the official Sony bluetooth, or the one i'm leaning to the most, the gamestop accessory bundle that includes a controller and a usb headset and a hdmi for 29.99 ( less than both the Logitech and the Sony official bluetooth because its on sale ) .
RedxSniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RedxSniper

I finally found the page. I'm leaning towards the bundle. Can anyone identify what type of controller/headset it is. Here's the page: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=78649#productDetails It seems to be a good deal for 29.99

fusionhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 fusionhunter
Member since 2008 • 2009 Posts

I finally found the page. I'm leaning towards the bundle. Can anyone identify what type of controller/headset it is. Here's the page: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=78649#productDetails It seems to be a good deal for 29.99

RedxSniper

Cant really make it out but it looks dodgey to use. Headset seems A ok though.

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

Just going to point out that Tritton headsets are better than Turtle Beaches. The poll is broken :?

RedxSniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RedxSniper
I came to the conclusion that i don't want a 60$+ headset because my audio will be playing through my speakers. I only want the headphones for chat. So i can either get the official ps3 bluetooth ( newer one ), the gamestop bundle, or another suggestion.