Quick question before i buy a PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MattDizzle904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 MattDizzle904
Member since 2006 • 72 Posts
don't know if anyone has had the chance, but can the ps3 be fully networked like the 360? my brother brought his 360 over and i was able to play full length movies off of my computer, just wondering if the same could be done on ps3. thanks in advance guys.
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts
i don't get what your saying. if your saying if you can hook up a ps 3 to a computer then yes.
MattDizzle904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MattDizzle904

well, on the xbox 360, at the dash you go to media > videos > computer and say id rather rip the guardian to the computer than stick the dvd in every time, i could just select the guardian off of the 360 and it would play. so not just connect, but share its media as well.

jwat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 jwat4
Member since 2003 • 1934 Posts

well, on the xbox 360, at the dash you go to media > videos > computer and say id rather rip the guardian to the computer than stick the dvd in every time, i could just select the guardian off of the 360 and it would play. so not just connect, but share its media as well.

MattDizzle904
well seeing that you can use external HDs...I dont see why you would be limited on Networking capabilities...as that could serve as a virtual HD of sorts...I am not certain of how you would change the settings, but seeing that you can browse the wep you could connect via Remote desktop or something similar....Also if you familiar with Linux you can use that OS with the PS3...and that might make things a little easier... I dont think I answered your question..but maybe something I said makes sense...
MattDizzle904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MattDizzle904
yeah, its cool, haha, ill just have to find out for myself i guess. i dont think anyone really knows. ive done alot of research and this is the one thing i never saw a yes or no to, it was just sort of mentioned a few times, haha.
wenzke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 wenzke
Member since 2004 • 367 Posts

You can do those things, (ie ripping a movie, transfering photos) but it is a lot more difficult.  I did it on my 360 myself, but I needed a friend (who is an IT guy for a company) to help do it on PS3.  I still don't know what he did.

I guess that is one of the benefits of M$ running everything.