Questions regarding YLOD

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for finalserenade75
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 finalserenade75
Member since 2009 • 2162 Posts

I've had my PS3 since the release and thankfully it's still running. However, seeing that many people are getting the YLOD problem I just wanted to ask few questions:

1) If YLOD hits the PS3, do you lose the data on the HDD?

2) Should I back up my HDD data? If yes, would appreciate it if someone could point me towards a good guide for it.

3) My PS3 has been heating up a lot lately, is that normal? And does the slim PS3 heat up less?

Thanks in advance :)

hodges_3_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 hodges_3_5
Member since 2008 • 351 Posts

I've had my PS3 since the release and thankfully it's still running. However, seeing that many people are getting the YLOD problem I just wanted to ask few questions:

2) Should I back up my HDD data? If yes, would appreciate it if someone could point me towards a good guide for it.

3) My PS3 has been heating up a lot lately, is that normal? And does the slim PS3 heat up less?

finalserenade75
Sorry if I cant answer all of these. 1. Yes you do. Unless you have backed it up first. Which hints to the second answer. :) 2. Yes. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend one to you because I have never bought one. 3. As long as its well vented, I think its normal. Yes, the slim does heat up less. Is it better? That is still under question because its still young. Hope I helped a little bit.
jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts

finalserenade75
1. If you get your ps3 repaired you do not lose your data, unless the system is unrepairable. 2. Yes back up your data. 3. Mine started heating up more, the picture would ocassionally flicker off then back on, and would get louder in the months leading up to ylod. The slim runs cooler I believe
Avatar image for finalserenade75
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 finalserenade75
Member since 2009 • 2162 Posts

I see. Thanks very much, that helped a lot :)