Question Regarding Skylanders Swapforce as an adult

This topic is locked from further discussion.

topher78714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 topher78714
Member since 2006 • 672 Posts

Hello,

I am trying to get my fiance into gaming more. Right now the only system we have is the PS4 (I sold my 360 to help with the cash for the PS4), and with the currently limited game library I'm struggling to find a game she likes to play with me. In the past she has enjoyed Ratchet and Clank, Rayman Legends/Orgins, Mario games, and Zelda games. So apart from really zelda, she is a platformer fan. I’m trying to get her to do some co-op with Lego Marvel but it doesn’t really hold her attention for more than 30 mins at a time or so. So I was thinking skylanders swapforce could be a good fit, but I’ve never played any of the skylander games. I’m 26 and she is 23 so I wasn’t sure if Skylanders would be too easy or seem bad for people our age (obviously I’m not their target market). Can somebody who has played the skylanders games (especially swapforce) please tell me if it could appeal to adults, or should I just skip it and wait? Also to play two player couch co-op would I need two portals, or can you put both characters on one portal? Thanks!

lyndonAPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 lyndonAPI
Member since 2002 • 2794 Posts

There is some appeal there, i think, as the game is a decent action/platformer. Regarding the co-op, two characters can go on the one portal then whoever is player 2 hits X on their controller to show up.

topher78714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 topher78714

Thanks. Again this really isn't my personal cup of tea, but I'm hoping that it will continue to build her interest. Just if it is too easy or childish she will lose interest.

lyndonAPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 lyndonAPI
Member since 2002 • 2794 Posts

There are several difficulty levels to it so you'll be able to adjust up if need be. The main drawback is the money suck it is to get the figures needed to check out every section in the game.

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

i really enjoyed playing giants with my kid it can be quite a bit of fun ,but it is costly if you really get into it

topher78714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By topher78714

yeah I dont anticipate us dropping the cash for every figure to get through every side area. I think she'd be content with just being able to beat the game and mayeb explore a few side areas. So I was thinking of getting the starter set and then possible one or two other characters with various types so we can get into a few sections.

Muanthuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Muanthuun
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Might I suggest Diablo III when it comes out? My wife is not too much into gaming, except for the Ratchet and Clank series and some indie titles. However, she does enjoy playing DIII on the PS3 and wants it on the PS4 when it arrives.

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

Spent many hours on SL 1 and 2, honestly you'll need a figure of each element to go in all zones so get your cash ready, I'd say it's more of an action / platformer than a platformer

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

I would really suggest co op games. Borderlands, Rayman Legends come to mind. There might be others like Playstation All Stars, but i don't really know the taste she goes after. But split screen is always a winner

topher78714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By topher78714

she has played most of the suggestions that you all said, but the PS4 selections are limited, so I'm tyring to keep her interest up while it is there.

Thanks for the help!