Question about PS+ free month

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bigbenrfan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 bigbenrfan99
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts

With the free month of PS+, will whatever games I get expire at the end of the month, or will I be able to keep them forever?

mojosodopee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mojosodopee
Member since 2010 • 280 Posts

the free games will expire once your month ends. The discounted ones you buy will stay

SummerHillard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SummerHillard
Member since 2011 • 414 Posts

Does anyone know if a PlayStation Plus account will allow you to download all of LBP's extra content packs (costumes, levels, stickers, etc.) for FREE, instead of the standard $1.99 for each?

If so, what would happen once your 30 days ran out? If you created content using that "extra" stuff, would that mess up your game save and not allow you to access anything you created because the packs you downloaded are no longer free anymore?

Even if they remained free to use after the 30 day period, what happens if you were to delete (or lose) the game data and reinstalled it later on?

This is probably gonna be an issue going in ... as I'm guessing a crapload of people will be downloading LittleBigPlanet for free ... and even those that already have it might want to get all the DLC/packs during the free PlayStation Plus period.

I would hate to create a bunch of characters/levels based on Metal Gear Solid, Marvel Comics, The Incredibles, Pirates of the Caribbean, God of War, Street Fighter, Heavy Rain, etc. ... only to have them all disappear/become unusable after a period of time (or after deleting or losing game data).

Jbller3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jbller3
Member since 2009 • 824 Posts

the free games will expire once your month ends. The discounted ones you buy will stay

mojosodopee
Not the free ones Sony is offering us. The ones like inFamous, LBP, Wipeout, etc will all stay. All the other free games(if there are any) will expire. But the discounted ones as you said will stay.
Stressthesky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Stressthesky
Member since 2009 • 490 Posts

The games offered under the "Welcome back programme" are yours to keep. The free games offered under PS+ will expire after one month.

hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 hkymike
Member since 2003 • 2425 Posts
PS+ is worth the money and you will probably highly think about keeping it after the first free month. I will probably renew
Stressthesky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Stressthesky
Member since 2009 • 490 Posts

PS+ is worth the money and you will probably highly think about keeping it after the first free month. I will probably renewhkymike

I hear a lot of people complaining that you can't keep the game, but in reality you are paying for extended trials of games. Extended as in you can play the WHOLE game. Which is pretty nice, because there are a couple of games I got from PS+ that I enjoyed but have no intention of playing again. Like Sam & Max the whole season and Shatter. And also a lot of new releases have discounts, games that I would have bought anyways. Like Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes and Dungeon Hunter.