Question about multiplayer on PS1 classics.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sonumb92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sonumb92
Member since 2009 • 269 Posts
Lets say you and a friend buy a PS1 classic that has two player on it. Can you play each other on the Vita?
soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

Lets say you and a friend buy a PS1 classic that has two player on it. Can you play each other on the Vita?Sonumb92
No

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#3 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
I always knew this, but it just struck me how odd this is. Other emulators have been able to do networked multiplayer for years. Why shouldn't the official Sony emulators be able to do it? It probably won't ever happen, but it is frustrating.
Chase_Payne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Chase_Payne
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I always knew this, but it just struck me how odd this is. Other emulators have been able to do networked multiplayer for years. Why shouldn't the official Sony emulators be able to do it? It probably won't ever happen, but it is frustrating.Granpire

Costs too much money. The difference between emulator made by open source and propietary ones is huge.

If Sony says they are adding multiplayer support, this means that all games that had multiplayer originally should be able to support it. In order to achieve that goal, they would have to spend millions of dollars in wasted development.

When it comes to unofficial emulators, multiplayer support is not functional in every game, for this exact reason.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#5 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
The difference between emulator made by open source and propietary ones is huge.Chase_Payne
Exactly: One is a hobby project produced by a small group of coders. The other is a multi million dollar corporation with the resources to devote to a feature like this. Sure, it might take a fair bit of testing, but I'm sure they'd get a sizable boost in sales of PS1 classics.