Question about Delsin's powers in Second Son

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Ovirew (8117 posts) -

I asked yesterday in some comments, but I guess I never got a response. So, here goes again.

I remember a few months back Sucker Punch said that Delsin's superpower as a Conduit is that he can get the superpowers of other Conduits.

I watched and skimmed through the writing of the GS review for Second Son yesterday, but I don't think this subject was ever discussed. McShea (or whoever wrote the review, I don't entirely recall atm) mentioned Delsin's smoke/fire powers, but never mentioned anything about Delsin getting other powers from other Conduits.

So now I'm wondering if that idea didn't make it into the game.

Or maybe it is in the game, but maybe Delsin just gets smoke/fire-based versions of different Conduits' powers?

The video review did show some odd-looking abilities, like some character who was glowing purple and running fast, and a powerful ability that sent OP waves of glowy purple stuff outward in this sort of explosion. But I'm not sure if those are also Delsin's powers, or ones he obtains from someone else.

Can someone clear this up for me?

#2 Posted by cooolio (583 posts) -

Did you not notice the neon powers in the screenshots in the written interview? Basically, you can be assured that he will still have more than one power. I can understand not having time to look things up. They said that there would be more than 2. Obviously, I have seen all the powers since the game was released earlier today. Have fun

#3 Posted by Ovirew (8117 posts) -

@cooolio said:

Did you not notice the neon powers in the screenshots in the written interview? Basically, you can be assured that he will still have more than one power. I can understand not having time to look things up.

@Ovirew said:
The video review did show some odd-looking abilities, like some character who was glowing purple and running fast, and a powerful ability that sent OP waves of glowy purple stuff outward in this sort of explosion. But I'm not sure if those are also Delsin's powers, or ones he obtains from someone else.

Thanks for your response. I will consider this topic closed, then.