PSVita Memory Card Corruption?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

John_Coffey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 John_Coffey
Member since 2007 • 365 Posts

I bought a Vita last week and had been enjoying some old ps1 games when I tried to save the game and got a c1-2741-4 error. I panicked and removed the memory card while the system was still on and now the Vita wont recognise the memory card. I'm not sure if this means a corrupt system or memory card but I hope not as I have about 15 hours of Persona 4 data on it now.

Has anyone had this problem and do you know of a way to deal with it? Also if it is the memory card thats faulty is there a way to have the data restored on it?

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
Restart the system and possibly blow out the slot with compressed air. Otherwise maybe try the card on another vita at gamestop or a friends
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

If you removed the PSvita memory card while the system was still on. Your memory card is likely corrupted. You may just have to format it and start again. Tough break but removing a memory card while the PSvita is turned on will mess up save data.

Hopefully you will get lucky and youyr 15 hour game save will survive. But I would not get my hope up.

NettoSaito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#4 NettoSaito
Member since 2005 • 102 Posts

I bought a Vita last week and had been enjoying some old ps1 games when I tried to save the game and got a c1-2741-4 error. I panicked and removed the memory card while the system was still on and now the Vita wont recognise the memory card. I'm not sure if this means a corrupt system or memory card but I hope not as I have about 15 hours of Persona 4 data on it now.

Has anyone had this problem and do you know of a way to deal with it? Also if it is the memory card thats faulty is there a way to have the data restored on it?

John_Coffey
Well, one question.... Why did you remove a memory card from the system when you saw an error message? The general rule is for ANYTHING, that you never remove a memory card when the system is using it, and you never remove a game while the game is still on. For a simple error like that, all you had to do is tap "ok" and you would have been brought back to the home screen.... Anyway, if it wont work anymore, you'll most likely have to reformat it.... Sorry X_x