PSV: Asia Vita / Asia games -> Languages known?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I can't seem to find those information anywhere. I'm thinking about importing an asian vita with asian games because I read somewhere that the asia version of the Vita will include an english menu. But does it also include other languages, german in particular? How about the games I'm interessted in, like Uncharted, Katamari, Disgaea 3 or Dynasty Warriors: Will they have english (or german) menues / subtitles / voice acting? If anyone knows anything, I'd be very happy to know, thanks :)

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ArchoNils2

While horrible Sony EU and Sony NA couldn't help me, Sony hong kong gave me the following answer:

-----

Vita support lots of languages you can choose the one for your preference, and your inquiry about the games please kindly browse the below website for the detail information.

http://asia.playstation.com/hk/en/news/pressDetail/249570

-----

I guess it's pretty much a given that lots of languages include english, but I asked to make sure. The link shows that Uncharted will have an english option. For other games I'm interessted in (Katamari, Disgaea 3 and Dynasty Warriors NEXT) I already contacted NIS, Namco Bandnai and temco Koei, let0's see what they'll write me back :)

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ArchoNils2

While I wasn't able to find the contact info on NIS, NISA wrote me that the asia version of Disgaea 3 will support english.

Anyone got more infos?

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ArchoNils2

Does anybody knows something more?

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ArchoNils2

Just in case anyone cares / searches for this information ... at any time.

Vita supports a lot of languages, including german and english
Asia Katamari is chinese only, but it can easely be played if you know that red is "ok/yes/good" in chinese culture
Asia Uncharted has english VA and english subs, no german at all

Interessting: Even though Katamari does not suppport english, the trophies are english, dunno why oO

chimera1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 chimera1984
Member since 2006 • 2194 Posts
It comes down to the devs what languages they put in, fundementally the hardware will support every major language, but it still down the devs to translate it to it.
terafumos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 terafumos
Member since 2004 • 405 Posts
Well, I've wondered about the same questions you've asked. I appreciate the effort you've put into finding out more. Fortunately, a lot of the language barriers can be overcome anyway when gameplay is solely taken into consideration.
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ArchoNils2

Now that it's out: Can you guys tell me what languages the games you got support? I'll get a bunch of games in a few days and I'm interessted what languages they support, especiallx Lord of Apocalypse

chimera1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 chimera1984

Now that it's out: Can you guys tell me what languages the games you got support? I'll get a bunch of games in a few days and I'm interessted what languages they support, especiallx Lord of Apocalypse

ArchoNils2
As i say, its all down to the Devs and what languages they put in the games, LoA is japanese only as far as im aware, no english subs or anything, and to answer your question about english trophies, is that the trophies are dictated by the system language, so the system will show them in english if your using that as your main language.
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts

ArchoNils2
I own a PS Vita and these games (Note: I own the Japanese versions not the Asia versions): Uncharted: Golden Abyss is the only game with 100% English (Menus, Subtitles, Voices etc...) Ultimate MVC3 has English in -game menus and that's it. Disgaea 3 is 100% Japanese. Lord Of Apocalypse is 100% Japanese.
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ArchoNils2
Weird, Nisa told me the asia Version of Disgaea 3 will support english :/ To bad that LoA probably won't support english. I have my system set to german, it's rather weird to have english trophies and other notifications in chinese / japanese / whatever xD I guess a list would be nice, I'll create one as soon as J get my other games (a lot ^^)
chimera1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 chimera1984
Weird, Nisa told me the asia Version of Disgaea 3 will support english :/ To bad that LoA probably won't support english. I have my system set to german, it's rather weird to have english trophies and other notifications in chinese / japanese / whatever xD I guess a list would be nice, I'll create one as soon as J get my other games (a lot ^^)ArchoNils2
Aint sure on that one then, many the trophy system hasnt been published in german yet so its defaulting to english being most countries second language, hard to tell.