This topic is locked from further discussion.

Madpil0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Madpil0t
Member since 2009 • 31 Posts

http://gear.ign.com/articles/109/1090628p1.html

what do you guys think? i dont think a touch screen would work well for the PSP brand

Avatar image for Valkyriareaper1
Valkyriareaper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Valkyriareaper1
Member since 2009 • 526 Posts

Well they have to go where the money goes. I always knew the next PSP would have a touch screen, because that is where the money is.

psyko0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 psyko0815
Member since 2010 • 449 Posts

Even though I really doubt it will be able to, it would be absolutely wonderful if the PSP2 could play original PSP games. Again, I highly doubt that will happen.

evilmaster2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 evilmaster2424
Member since 2009 • 2060 Posts
if it has half of hte processing power of the ps3. then that mesans htat u will have more games feature the remote play function. and i rly hope they do inclue the 2 anlaog sticks. i have the psp now and the 1 analog stick just makes for crappy controls. either way kinda excited bout this. nice find
fazio93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 160

#5 fazio93
Member since 2005 • 2940 Posts

+1 for the double analog sticks. users have been waiting for that since the psp1000's release. it would make shooters on the PSP a lot easier to control.

touchscreen does seem plausible.

i guess we'll see.

anbu-black-ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 anbu-black-ops
Member since 2008 • 2380 Posts
Wow, half the power of ps3 and a second analog stick. Nice~
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Even though I really doubt it will be able to, it would be absolutely wonderful if the PSP2 could play original PSP games. Again, I highly doubt that will happen.

psyko0815

??? Uhhhh, the PSP can already play PS1 games, where have you been?

tekken220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 tekken220
Member since 2008 • 5105 Posts

[QUOTE="psyko0815"]

Zidaneski

He said PSP (or soon to be called PSP1) games, not PS1 games.
Dollar75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#9 Dollar75
Member since 2006 • 718 Posts

And Sony continues to shoot itself in the foot by stepping on its consumers toes. Not even a year has past since the PSPGo was first unveiled, and snubbing its nose to the people that have kept this machine afloat for years, now its stepping on its PSPGo buyers (AUD$400 a pop, not cheap either) by revealing another machine.

Their marketing skills leave alot to be desired if you ask me

The_Cygan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The_Cygan
Member since 2010 • 37 Posts

And Sony continues to shoot itself in the foot by stepping on its consumers toes. Not even a year has past since the PSPGo was first unveiled, and snubbing its nose to the people that have kept this machine afloat for years, now its stepping on its PSPGo buyers (AUD$400 a pop, not cheap either) by revealing another machine.

Dollar75

Dude this is just a rumor, all the stuff in the article could be true or it could just be BS. We just have to wait until E3,Camescom, or the Tokyo game show.

Dollar75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#11 Dollar75
Member since 2006 • 718 Posts

[QUOTE="Dollar75"]

The_Cygan

Dude this is just a rumor, all the stuff in the article could be true or it could just be BS. We just have to wait until E3,Camescom, or the Tokyo game show.

I realise this, but we were asked what we thought of this article, and I posted what I thought if it has any validity to it. Judjing by the errors from Sony in the handheld market thus far, I wouldn't put it past them to release another machine so soon after the last.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

I read this the other day. I didn't know what to make of it, or how to feel about it. For one, I already paid for a psp which I wont get till June 6th. The news more or less assured me that I should take advantage of the various psp game "clearance" tags and sales at best buy--I think I'll go buy a few games. I'm not really upset because it will allow me to build a decent library, I guess.

As for the news itself? The dual analog probably means sony is sticking to a more traditional control method. I'm guessing the touch screen, while it may be utilized for some games, is more being implemented to leave the "what if" open. As in, what if the next HUGE game comes out on the 3DS--with a touch screen on the psp2, porting the game is a possibility. I'm thinking that is the thought process on the touch screen, which I like.

Now, HALF the power of the ps3? This sounds good initially, but on a second though, it means the games will cost more to produce and that the price of games is likely going to be $50-60. I don't like that.

mastershakez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mastershakez
Member since 2007 • 3260 Posts

"it will feature two cameras, a touch-screen display, and will feature a four-core Cell processor"

Oh cool, two cameras...wait, what?

jayrod3217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jayrod3217
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
The psp go probably wont play regular umd's. They'll just have download like the psp go so that sony can get all the money.
tekken220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 tekken220
Member since 2008 • 5105 Posts
The psp go probably wont play regular umd's. They'll just have download like the psp go so that sony can get all the money.jayrod3217
At least you don't have to carry around a backpack full of UMDs, that was the issue with my old 2000.
smm217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 smm217
Member since 2009 • 83 Posts

As long as the PSP 2 plays old PSP games and has 2 analog nubs, then I'll be happy.

Avatar image for monkeymoose5000
monkeymoose5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 monkeymoose5000
Member since 2007 • 6111 Posts

[QUOTE="psyko0815"]

Zidaneski

Hey, everyone else knows how to read, where have YOU been?
DaAlienMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#18 DaAlienMan
Member since 2008 • 1076 Posts

As long as the PSP 2 plays old PSP games and has 2 analog nubs, then I'll be happy.

smm217
*edit* as long as the PSP2 plays old PSP games, has 2 analog nubs, and an r2 l2 button, then i'll be happy
SylvanMidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SylvanMidget
Member since 2009 • 600 Posts

- Premium online serive
- Full trophy support
- Sliding design
- Dual analog sticks
- R2 and L2 triggers
- Built in Playstation Eye
- Tilt function
- No UMDs (all digital)
- PS2 emulator
- 5 inch OLED screen
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Headset bundled with system
- Solid launch titles (LittleBigPlanet 2 to be exact)

Is all I want, make it happen Sony!

LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
I think you guys wishing for an L2/R2 are going to be sorely disappointed. Including that would make the device thicker, and on a handheld, that's simply not going to fly. The best you could hope for are 6 face buttons, in my opinion. Anyway, as interested as I am in a PSP2, I'd probably hold off until the second generation. I just got a PSP Go last year and that'll be good enough for a while. Plus the jump from the 1000 to the 2000 line was easily the biggest. I would expect much the same again.
JohnnyWPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#21 JohnnyWPSP
Member since 2009 • 1895 Posts

I hate the touch screen idea. Well just have to wait until E3 or later to find out if this is true.

Ringx55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ringx55
Member since 2008 • 5967 Posts
From reading this it seems like a DSI ripoff. I swear sony, you better not do this.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

From reading this it seems like a DSI ripoff. I swear sony, you better not do this.Ringx55

Supposedly the playstation3 will continue with the PSN, while the psp will have the new PSPeye Ware.

ABRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ABRed
Member since 2009 • 298 Posts

As long as we can play some games that we already own (thinking of all the Gameboy's: SP, Color, Advance... You could use all your original Gameboy games on these) and a 2nd analog stick would be useful. The most important improve must be the online support... which they could start working on it now.

Long live to PSP!

aMyLoO2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 aMyLoO2007
Member since 2003 • 2807 Posts

nice.. i just want trophy support and 2 analog sticks and i'll be good.

SylvanMidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SylvanMidget

Aside from the rumored touch screen, which will probably be used more towards web browsing, vidoes, music ect... I don't see anything that sounds like a DS ripoff.

DaAlienMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#27 DaAlienMan
Member since 2008 • 1076 Posts

Aside from the rumored touch screen, which will probably be used more towards web browsing, vidoes, music ect... I don't see anything that sounds like a DS ripoff.

SylvanMidget
shh you may upset the secret ds fourm spys. they may come back and troll some more
mastershakez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mastershakez
Member since 2007 • 3260 Posts

People are over thinking the touch screen. It's just like the motion control on the PS3. Almost no games use it, it's just an extra feature. Also, if anything, the touch screen would be to compete with the iPhone rather than the DS.

Avatar image for EyeShatteredSky
EyeShatteredSky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#29 EyeShatteredSky
Member since 2008 • 1510 Posts

If all rings true, than this ought to be a worthy successor to the original in every way!

143C5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 143C5
Member since 2009 • 306 Posts

Most people will hope that the PSP2 has 2 nubs so you can play shooter games properly. What's the point of having a touch screen anyway?

SylvanMidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SylvanMidget

Most people will hope that the PSP2 has 2 nubs so you can play shooter games properly. What's the point of having a touch screen anyway?

143C5

Probably for the web browser and other multimedia functions, or it may only sport one analog nub then you use the touch screen for the second one. Which I would be fine with as long as it controls properly.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

[QUOTE="Zidaneski"]

[QUOTE="psyko0815"]

monkeymoose5000

I don't know. Too much videogames have ruined my eyes. Learn from me and save yourselves!

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts

[QUOTE="Zidaneski"]

[QUOTE="psyko0815"]

monkeymoose5000

:lol: yea seriously

on topic: yea i hope the PSP2 will be able to be BC with PSP1 games

Bafel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Bafel
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Looks awesome.
dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#35 dovberg
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

I really don't care if it kind big as long as I get l2r2 and dual analog I'll be happy.

istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#36 istuffedsunny
Member since 2008 • 6991 Posts

Touch screens, 3D, motion controls... I hate each and every one of these fads. But Sony is a company and it's their job to capitalize on all this nonsense so what are you gonna do? :-/

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#37 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

"it will feature two cameras, a touch-screen display, and will feature a four-core Cell processor"

mastershakez

oh cool 2 cameras and a touch screen-hm about 2 yrs late! or more i got somthing yall should look at its called dsi! and what is half the power of a ps3 isnt that like xbox or wii

yep that is wii /xbox like power since 360 is 2x more powerful then last gen ,,

so heres your graphical boost a minimal one on par with 3ds minus the 3d ,

so this time , 3ds has more power more everything , hm interisting ,, sony wanna comment on that 2 camera and touch screen i think your stealin nintendos idea again!

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

[QUOTE="mastershakez"]

mariokart64fan

oh cool 2 cameras and a touch screen-hm about 2 yrs late! or more i got somthing yall should look at its called dsi! and what is half the power of a ps3 isnt that like xbox or wii

yep that is wii /xbox like power since 360 is 2x more powerful then last gen ,,

so heres your graphical boost a minimal one on par with 3ds minus the 3d ,

so this time , 3ds has more power more everything , hm interisting ,, sony wanna comment on that 2 camera and touch screen i think your stealin nintendos idea again!

Half the power of the PS3 would not be an Xbox or even a Wii. Believe it or not, the Wii is theoretically twice as powerful as a Gamecube; yet there's still a huge gulf between it and the PS3/360 which could be filled with a canyon.

Where the PS2 had a 294 MHz Emotion Engine, the PS3 has a 3.2 GHz Power Processing Element and six SPEs. Where the PS2 had 36MB of RAM, the PS3 has 512MB. And where the PS2 had a Floating Point Performance of 6.2 gigaFLOPS, the Cell achieves 204 gigaFLOPS.