PSP vs. iPod touch

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kamil488

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kamil488
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Which one is better for gaming and has better games?
RAGINGxPONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 RAGINGxPONY
Member since 2009 • 1452 Posts

PSP is better for games. Ipod Touch is better for everything else.

ironwarrior2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ironwarrior2
Member since 2006 • 2590 Posts

iPod touch has TERRIBLE games. None of them are worth playing. I'd rather stare at a blank wall than play ipod games. Putting "buttons" on a touch screen does not work at all.

progrmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 progrmr
Member since 2003 • 335 Posts

iPod touch has TERRIBLE games. None of them are worth playing. I'd rather stare at a blank wall than play ipod games. Putting "buttons" on a touch screen does not work at all.

ironwarrior2
This is the biggest problem with iPod touch/iPhone - but once you get used to it, there are some GREAT games. GTA:CTW is a good example. Once you get used to the driving with virtual buttons, this game has PSP graphics but all the cool touch screen elements of the DS version. Driving games work well on the iPod, either with tilt or on-screen touch controls. If you don't mind the PSP's larger size, I agree that there are some pretty spectacular games for it. Games are much more expensive on the PSP vs. the Touch. Load times are WAY worse. But you do have real buttons, a larger screen, and more hours of gameplay/battery life. It's a series of trade-offs and what you pick really depends on what you're looking for.
SadPSPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#5 SadPSPAddict
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

if gaming is your primary reason for purchasing then you shouldn't even be posting here - PSP is a no-brainer! If gaming is secondary to music/internet/email etc then iPodTouch is it. There are some good games for the iPod BUT nothing like the depth of a PSP game and wonky controls etc

PA_DUTCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 PA_DUTCH
Member since 2008 • 908 Posts

Well said sadPSP!!!!! Itotally agree with you

eejus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 eejus
Member since 2006 • 243 Posts

Heck, I use my PSP Go for great games, music, movies and pictures. The only thing that I think the iStuff does better is the internet, PSP needs to update it's wireless capabilities as well as the crappy browser.

jasontdoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 jasontdoto
Member since 2005 • 510 Posts

Both are good. Get both! I have both and have been a huge fan of both PSP and Itouch. I have played almost all the highest rated games for both and I came to conclusions:

Itouch:

Cheap games (99Cents-10$ maximum), has some fun games but a lot of games are crap as well. They have some games that are really fun and addicting. Also have a good selection of RPG's. Has better first person shooter games than the PSP does that actually has decent touch controls. Online can play against other players as well if you have wifi connection. You get a lot of free games to try out for fun as well. Has other useful applications as well.

Listening to music: Itouch is better because it does not set any limitations on the volume. PSP has a limitation on volume so you cant listen to music really loud.

Browsing: Itouch browser is user friendly, and much easier to navigate through. I go websurfing with my Itouch all the time, but with PSP it's a huge hassle.

PSP:

Games are more expansive. The gaming experience is more "wholesome" and better in general than the Itouch games offer. PSP games offer more cutscenes, deeper game play, and usually much longer in length than Itouch games. The web browser sucks on the PSP. It's ancient technology compared to some of the newer browsers that the competition uses.

Like someone said previously in here, if your primary reason to get a device is gaming mainly, and music, videos, internet is secondary, go for the PSP.

if you listen to lots of music on your handheld device, go online a lot, and want to kill spare time with some decent cheap video games, go with Itouch.

since you asked which one is better for gaming, PSP is by far better for gaming purposes.

tekken220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tekken220
Member since 2008 • 5105 Posts

I still don't see why people want the iPod Touch. It's just an iPhone, minus the phone abilities.

jasontdoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jasontdoto
Member since 2005 • 510 Posts

Because it is much cheaper than the Iphone. Some people might already have a cellphone and want just a mp3 player. They get a lot more out of it than a regular mp3 player by going with the Itouch.