PSP USB connection issues

This topic is locked from further discussion.

systemplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 systemplayer
Member since 2006 • 153 Posts

ok so about two days ago my psp connected to my computer just fine but now it just sits and sits while trying to connect. I don't know what happened but everything works still and the cord still works with my other object that are the same type of connection too. please help somebody also i'm not using any other firmware than what sony releases so don't ask about that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#2 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Usually when this happens to be, I log on and off or restart. If not, then use the Memory Stick Duo adapter instead of the USB.
tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 tjoeb123
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts
[QUOTE="siLVURcross"]Usually when this happens to be, I log on and off or restart. If not, then use the Memory Stick Duo adapter instead of the USB.

That may not be possible as he may not have a memory card reader for his computer (or one that reads Memory Stick PROs.)
systemplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 systemplayer
Member since 2006 • 153 Posts

yeah i don't have one of those and I tried restarting did nothing. Ugh this sucks too lol

gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

I know this sounds stupid, but make sure you have the mini-b connector in the psp all the way. I say this because it happend to me before and my psp would just say "please wait" then I pushed it in more and it connected right away:)

ScarfaceCEO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ScarfaceCEO
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I would keep your psp on and let the battery die completely. After you charge it up again it should work. Also are you safely removing your hardware? I had the same thing happen to me once because I just pulled it out of the usb without safely removing it first. This might not be it but maybe it will help.
Xtrablood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Xtrablood
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
guys, i need some help. when i plug my usb cable into my pc it just shuts off all other usb devices and doesn't get recognized. even without the console. any1 got some advice? write to mixes@nspoint.net