PSP upgrade 3.50 ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts
So does anyone truly understand this upgrade ? Is it necessary ? Are we suppose to upgrade ? Is this upgrade a good thing for us who don't have a PS3 ? If we upgrade what will change ? Will we still be ablel to play our games and demos and movies ? Thanks
V_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 V_V
Member since 2003 • 221 Posts
Nope well it mainly only adds to Remote Play, and some RSS features but other than that there's not much
KnightsofRound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#3 KnightsofRound
Member since 2004 • 5819 Posts

Nope well it mainly only adds to Remote Play, and some RSS features but other than that there's not muchV_V

AKA: It's completely pointless. 

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LexLas

[QUOTE="V_V"]Nope well it mainly only adds to Remote Play, and some RSS features but other than that there's not muchKnightsofRound

So then we don't have to upgrade ?
Abgoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Abgoj
Member since 2005 • 12168 Posts
[QUOTE="KnightsofRound"]

[QUOTE="V_V"]Nope well it mainly only adds to Remote Play, and some RSS features but other than that there's not muchLexLas

Well, you do if you want to play the latest games that are being released. 

gouldguitarist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gouldguitarist
Member since 2005 • 3582 Posts
[QUOTE="LexLas"][QUOTE="KnightsofRound"]

[QUOTE="V_V"]Nope well it mainly only adds to Remote Play, and some RSS features but other than that there's not muchAbgoj

And some demos that are to come out. Man, these updates are getting stale for those of us who don't own a PS3.
LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LexLas

[QUOTE="V_V"]Nope well it mainly only adds to Remote Play, and some RSS features but other than that there's not muchAbgoj

See that is what I thought ! So we do have to upgrade. I hope it does not screw up my system. I know in order to play Syphon filter demo and full auto 2 demo I had to upgrade to 3.40 and I just did this last week and now another ? I am not sure if it's a good idea ?
xMedHeadx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xMedHeadx
Member since 2004 • 109 Posts
Are you saying you think upgrading is dangerous for your PSP? Only if you think more awesome is going to hurt the system... (It won't).
LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LexLas
Are you saying you think upgrading is dangerous for your PSP? Only if you think more awesome is going to hurt the system... (It won't).xMedHeadx
Well it seems like most of the reasons for the upgrade are not necessary for someone who does not own a PS3. And the site that I went to say download at your own risk ? So I worry a little.
gouldguitarist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gouldguitarist
[QUOTE="Abgoj"][QUOTE="LexLas"][QUOTE="KnightsofRound"]

[QUOTE="V_V"]Nope well it mainly only adds to Remote Play, and some RSS features but other than that there's not muchLexLas

See that is what I thought ! So we do have to upgrade. I hope it does not screw up my system. I know in order to play Syphon filter demo and full auto 2 demo I had to upgrade to 3.40 and I just did this last week and now another ? I am not sure if it's a good idea ?

You're not forced to upgrade, it's optional for extra content and such. Nothing can go wrong other than if you take the battery or Memory Stick out during the installation or something stupid. Just read the ToS before you proceed with the update.
gouldguitarist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gouldguitarist
[QUOTE="xMedHeadx"]Are you saying you think upgrading is dangerous for your PSP? Only if you think more awesome is going to hurt the system... (It won't).LexLas
Well it seems like most of the reasons for the upgrade are not necessary for someone who does not own a PS3. And the site that I went to say download at your own risk ? So I worry a little.

What site is this? Download it straight from the Sony site or through the PSP, just to be safe.
LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LexLas
This upgrade is not listed under the Sony site yet ?
Abgoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Abgoj
[QUOTE="LexLas"][QUOTE="Abgoj"][QUOTE="LexLas"][QUOTE="KnightsofRound"]

[QUOTE="V_V"]Nope well it mainly only adds to Remote Play, and some RSS features but other than that there's not muchgouldguitarist

See that is what I thought ! So we do have to upgrade. I hope it does not screw up my system. I know in order to play Syphon filter demo and full auto 2 demo I had to upgrade to 3.40 and I just did this last week and now another ? I am not sure if it's a good idea ?

You're not forced to upgrade, it's optional for extra content and such. Nothing can go wrong other than if you take the battery or Memory Stick out during the installation or something stupid. Just read the ToS before you proceed with the update.

Exactly, the chances of you damaging your psp are minimal. Sony would not be able to get way with making it dangerous every time you update your psp.

gouldguitarist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gouldguitarist
This upgrade is not listed under the Sony site yet ? LexLas
Do you have wireless?
LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LexLas
[QUOTE="LexLas"]This upgrade is not listed under the Sony site yet ? gouldguitarist
Do you have wireless?

Well I am still learning to surf internet wireless at work with the psp but not at home.
gouldguitarist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gouldguitarist
[QUOTE="gouldguitarist"][QUOTE="LexLas"]This upgrade is not listed under the Sony site yet ? LexLas
Do you have wireless?

Well I am still learning to surf internet wireless at work with the psp but not at home.

Well you could wait for it to appear on Sony's site, use wireless to get it at work or download it from that other site.
LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LexLas
[QUOTE="LexLas"][QUOTE="gouldguitarist"][QUOTE="LexLas"]This upgrade is not listed under the Sony site yet ? gouldguitarist
Do you have wireless?

Well you could wait for it to appear on Sony's site, use wireless to get it at work or download it from that other site.

I wonder why Sony did not put it out first since they are the ones that created it right ? Wierd ?
gouldguitarist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gouldguitarist
[QUOTE="gouldguitarist"][QUOTE="LexLas"][QUOTE="gouldguitarist"][QUOTE="LexLas"]This upgrade is not listed under the Sony site yet ? LexLas
Do you have wireless?

I wonder why Sony did not put it out first since they are the ones that created it right ? Wierd ?

Yeah they take time to update their own site lol.
jessica492

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#19 jessica492
Member since 2005 • 726 Posts
[QUOTE="Abgoj"][QUOTE="LexLas"][QUOTE="KnightsofRound"]

[QUOTE="V_V"]Nope well it mainly only adds to Remote Play, and some RSS features but other than that there's not muchgouldguitarist

And some demos that are to come out. Man, these updates are getting stale for those of us who don't own a PS3.

Yeas, that's right. SONY needs to have these updates for PSP owners not PS3 owners. If it's a PSP update it needs good PSP features...

Abgoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Abgoj
Just go to network update on the psp, and it should update to 3.50 for you.
Duff_ManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#23 Duff_ManX
Member since 2005 • 12650 Posts
YAY! A new update. :D
SuperBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SuperBeast
Member since 2002 • 13229 Posts

Last I checked Sony stopped messing with that....All UMD games will run on 2.71 firmware (er maybe it was 2.8?).    Demos are different, as they do require the newer firmware updates.    

joeychew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 joeychew
Member since 2003 • 4580 Posts
no point ugrading if u dont have a ps3....Mayebjust upgrade to keep updated.
karlgauci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 karlgauci
Member since 2005 • 5504 Posts
If they release new demos with 3.50+ firmware that'll make people upgrade, I already did upgrade though
telorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 telorn
Member since 2002 • 2203 Posts

If you own a PS3 this is an awesome update....probably the best one for the PSP.  But that's the problem...if you own a PS3.  You can now remotely link to your PS3 over the internet with your PSP and access music/pics/videos on your PS3. If you have your PS3 linked to your PC you can even stream content off the internet to your PS3, to your PSP. And you can now, with the PS3, remotely access the PS store with your PSP and download PS1 games directly to your PSP. 

I'm ticked off that you still can't access the PS store without the PS3.