PSP Troubleshooting...PLEASE HELP!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

R0SSMATHIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 R0SSMATHIS
Member since 2007 • 452 Posts

I recenntly acquired a PSP from a friend of the family. I am however having an issue with it. I turn it on the green indicator light comes on, but there is no sound and the LCD does not show anything at all.

When I got it the battery was completely dead, so I charged it using a Pelican PSP to USB charger using my laptop. When the orange light went out to let me know the charging was done I fired it up, but nothing happend only what I stated above. I'm not sure if the previous owner bricked it trying to manipulate the firmware or what. I'm not to good about this kind of stuff, so could someone let me know what I'm looking at here?

Is this a BRICK or DEAD PSP?

ndvtmakulit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ndvtmakulit
Member since 2007 • 103 Posts
Is your psp the newer psp slim or is it the psp phat? If it's the psp phat you cannot charge it via usb to your laptop or pc. You can only charge it with the wall adapter charger.
metalmasterW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 metalmasterW
Member since 2006 • 2244 Posts
mine did that once...i had to send it back to sony for a new one .....costed me like 90$ for a refurbished one ......never could get it to work
R0SSMATHIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 R0SSMATHIS

Is your psp the newer psp slim or is it the psp phat? If it's the psp phat you cannot charge it via usb to your laptop or pc. You can only charge it with the wall adapter charger.ndvtmakulit

I have the phat one. It charged it like it should. Meaning the ornage light came on, and then cutt of once charged. I turned it on and the green light came on, indicating it charged I guess. I even tryed taking the battery out and playing using onnly the power from the usb. Still got the green light to come on, but the LCD and sound never came on.

R0SSMATHIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 R0SSMATHIS
Can anyone confirm that the USB adapter only works on the slim PSP. I mean it seems to have charged the battery (the orange light came on, and the turned off as a standard power cable would). It even had the green power LED come on too.
glitchyguy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 glitchyguy0
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
well both the phat and slim charge with the usb cable via the system settings have USB CHARGE set to "on"
kimbokasteniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 kimbokasteniv
Member since 2004 • 3892 Posts

Well it is true that only the slim can be charged via usb. However, there has been a misunderstanding. The pelican adapter does not actually connect to the psp via USB, and thus works with either model.

So your psp charged like expected. The psp is most likely bricked. As in, the software on it is corrupted, so it does not get past boot up. There is a way to fix it though.

glitchyguy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 glitchyguy0
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

well the best bet is to go to onehitgamer.com

hopefully gamespot wont suspend me for this, since the site isnt commercial.

dannisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dannisis
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Well it is true that only the slim can be charged via usb. However, there has been a misunderstanding. The pelican adapter does not actually connect to the psp via USB, and thus works with either model.

So your psp charged like expected. The psp is most likely bricked. As in, the software on it is corrupted, so it does not get past boot up. There is a way to fix it though.

kimbokasteniv

can u please show how to fix it

ramito1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 ramito1234
Member since 2008 • 138 Posts

I recenntly acquired a PSP from a friend of the family. I am however having an issue with it. I turn it on the green indicator light comes on, but there is no sound and the LCD does not show anything at all.

When I got it the battery was completely dead, so I charged it using a Pelican PSP to USB charger using my laptop. When the orange light went out to let me know the charging was done I fired it up, but nothing happend only what I stated above. I'm not sure if the previous owner bricked it trying to manipulate the firmware or what. I'm not to good about this kind of stuff, so could someone let me know what I'm looking at here?

Is this a BRICK or DEAD PSP?

R0SSMATHIS

bricked ha[pened 2 me twice

ajman3742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ajman3742
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
well i had custom firmware then i formatted my memory stick then i upgraded to the newest firmware provided by psp.com witch is 5.51 i think then i bought a spiderman game played it a couple times then it went bad like that
mcinernadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mcinernadam
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Please help. PSP game (older style) experiences erratic troubles with game function. Some operations will not work and at other times the function will operate on thier own. This happens with all games used in the system. In one case of "Midnight club 3 dub edition" the car will drive up on two wheels even when it is not being "asked" to do this. it is as if some functions will operate on thier own and at other times the functions will Not function when the various buttons are pushed. Any insight will be appreciated. Will a low battery case this or will a full memory card case this? Thanks very much in advance.
tekken220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 tekken220
Member since 2008 • 5105 Posts
Please help. PSP game (older style) experiences erratic troubles with game function. Some operations will not work and at other times the function will operate on thier own. This happens with all games used in the system. In one case of "Midnight club 3 dub edition" the car will drive up on two wheels even when it is not being "asked" to do this. it is as if some functions will operate on thier own and at other times the functions will Not function when the various buttons are pushed. Any insight will be appreciated. Will a low battery case this or will a full memory card case this? Thanks very much in advance.mcinernadam
You should have made a new thread instead.
Lizabethium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lizabethium
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I am having trouble downloading games once I have purchased them thru WIFI playstation store. My sale goes thru and it is showing in my downloaded items. However when I go to download the game it is taking forever then says server timed out and stops. Can anyone help please?
TSNAKE617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TSNAKE617
Member since 2008 • 5494 Posts

Can someone lock this thread already? It's been bumped at least five times.

4u7umn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 4u7umn
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Hello! I came across your thread and the same thing...or sort of the same thing, happened to my PSP. The green light goes on, but the screen stays dark. I was wondering if you ever found a way to fix it, and if so, could you please tell me? Thanks a ton!
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

This thread is over a year old. Please don't disturb the dead.