PSP RPGS that could had the potential to be good it not half decent [poll].

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jts31689

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jts31689
Member since 2006 • 1206 Posts

I personally think that Blade Dancer looked good and it had all the elements for a good RPG, which was not the case until about an hour into the game where repetition and bland gameplay seem ever so apparent.

I didn't finish Valhalla Knights either but it seemed like it could have been alot more if the monkeys who made the game were replaced with people with somewhat intelligence.

Never played the Legend of Heroes series but I listed them there anyhow to see if anyone would say anything about it.

I'm not listing Valkyrie Profile Lenneth because that game IS great, you can't go wrong with it unless you despise RPGS period.

weijie86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 weijie86
Member since 2006 • 219 Posts
I'm also looking for a great RPG at the moment and I hope this thread would help me...I haven't played blade dancer before,so I don't know about it's bland gameplay...I will pick up a copy of valkyrie profile:lenneth soon so I'm glad there's someone who recommend this..anyway,until the new Final Fantasy game come out for PSP,I doubt there will be any nice RPG now..by the way,the graphic for the game looks awesome!!A must have for RPG lovers and PSP owners!!hey,uh,anyone knows about Tales of the World:Radiant Mythology?
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

I'm also looking for a great RPG at the moment and I hope this thread would help me...I haven't played blade dancer before,so I don't know about it's bland gameplay...I will pick up a copy of valkyrie profile:lenneth soon so I'm glad there's someone who recommend this..anyway,until the new Final Fantasy game come out for PSP,I doubt there will be any nice RPG now..by the way,the graphic for the game looks awesome!!A must have for RPG lovers and PSP owners!!hey,uh,anyone knows about Tales of the World:Radiant Mythology?weijie86

I plan on getting Tales of the World, it looks real good. Also Brave story looks real good and it comes out at the end of the month. Back on topic I thought Blade Dancer had alot of hope but after I bought and played it for about 2 hours I was sadly disappointed.

Avatar image for RurouniSaiyajin
RurouniSaiyajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RurouniSaiyajin
Member since 2007 • 4951 Posts

I'm also looking for a great RPG at the moment and I hope this thread would help me...I haven't played blade dancer before,so I don't know about it's bland gameplay...I will pick up a copy of valkyrie profile:lenneth soon so I'm glad there's someone who recommend this..anyway,until the new Final Fantasy game come out for PSP,I doubt there will be any nice RPG now..by the way,the graphic for the game looks awesome!!A must have for RPG lovers and PSP owners!!hey,uh,anyone knows about Tales of the World:Radiant Mythology?weijie86

Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology is coming out July 17th. If you are looking for an RPG and you can only buy one, I'd recommend waiting for that. You might also want to start saving for Jeanne D'Arc next month.

Getting back on topic. I haven't played any of these games but I would definitely say that Valhalla Knights had the potential.

The Legend of Heroes series from what I hear either gets progressively worse or better. I can't remember which.

yungswift44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 yungswift44
Member since 2003 • 1614 Posts
everybody wait for final fantasy crisis core...i kno i am
jts31689

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jts31689

Thats not even a matter to be brought up, no kidding every PSP owner in existance is awaiting its release.

weijie86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 weijie86
Member since 2006 • 219 Posts
yup,I agree..hopefully it lives up to its fame and expectation!!
9thwardice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 9thwardice
Member since 2006 • 856 Posts

everybody wait for final fantasy crisis core...i kno i amyungswift44

yep that game looks like one of the best rpg's for the psp. i'll be getting that and tales of the world.

zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#9 zeus_gb
Member since 2004 • 7793 Posts
Tales looks great but so do FFII, Riviera: The Promised Land, Jeanne D'Arc, Disgaea andThe Elder Scrolls Travels: Oblivion.
TheCheat23k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheCheat23k
Member since 2004 • 1240 Posts

From what I tried of Valhalla Knights, I didn't like at all. Although I haven't played through Blade Dancer all the way yet, I am enjoying what I played so far. The Legend of Heroes series is great, all three of them. The gameplay is pretty simple and the game is fairly easy,...but the great stories make every second of the ride worth it. I also have Kingdom of Paradise, but I haven't got to play through it yet. And yes, Valkyrie Profile is awesome :)

For future RPGs, I recommend looking into (if you haven't already): FFVII: Crisis Core, Dragoneer's Aria, Brave Story, Tales of the World, Rezel Cross (coming to *** later this year, hopefully makes it to the US), Jeanne D'Arc, Riviera, and both Star Ocean games coming out.... There are a bunch of good games coming out for the PSP in the coming months for every genre, so I can't wait!

jts31689

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jts31689
Although I believe FF7 CC's gameplay to be real time and perhaps a KH inspired battle system. I can't wait for it.
yungswift44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 yungswift44
Member since 2003 • 1614 Posts
i was also thinking of riviera, but after looking at the screenshots it just looks like a gba port...and i already played that one :?so i guess ff7 the only one im waiting for...i wish they would make a psp mmorpg :D
verbatim107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 verbatim107
Member since 2005 • 27 Posts

I don't think PSP MMORPG would be the thing, that only fits for PC's where u can type with a keyboard or maybe on 360 with headset or something. I can't wait for FF:CC either, but I'm afraid that even if the game is great that I won't like it because of the expectations, but I did like Dirge of cerberus of all games, so who knows?

If u ever played Tales of Eternia (I live in Norway, so i got the chance to get a hold of it) or tales of symphonia for GC or probably any other Tales of game I wouldn't recomend any more of them, theyre all the same. I have not come any more than 20-30 hours into TOE, but I watched some parts of TOS when my brother played, and everything is the same, a diferent world and haracters, but they have the same role. Even two worlds which have been seperate for a long time and all that, theyre just recycling the same old stuff everytime, I also personaly like the KH and FF battlesystems better, but that's more individual... BTW, anyone know if there is happening anything about the KH1 port for the PSP? I would have totaly loved that!

ShivaRpg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ShivaRpg
Member since 2005 • 86 Posts

Yes, Tales of series pretty much has many familiar themes, but you can say the same about FF series as well. BTW, did you try out Tales of Phantasia? One of the best Tales of game!

As for Blade Dancer, I'm happy about this game and am about to finish it. I do however know its shortcomings, but still enjoy it.

Games like Dragoneer's Aria, New traveller, TOW, JDA and more are making the psp rpg library really strong in my opinion.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

I don't think PSP MMORPG would be the thing, that only fits for PC's where u can type with a keyboard or maybe on 360 with headset or something. I can't wait for FF:CC either, but I'm afraid that even if the game is great that I won't like it because of the expectations, but I did like Dirge of cerberus of all games, so who knows?

If u ever played Tales of Eternia (I live in Norway, so i got the chance to get a hold of it) or tales of symphonia for GC or probably any other Tales of game I wouldn't recomend any more of them, theyre all the same. I have not come any more than 20-30 hours into TOE, but I watched some parts of TOS when my brother played, and everything is the same, a diferent world and haracters, but they have the same role. Even two worlds which have been seperate for a long time and all that, theyre just recycling the same old stuff everytime, I also personaly like the KH and FF battlesystems better, but that's more individual... BTW, anyone know if there is happening anything about the KH1 port for the PSP? I would have totaly loved that!

verbatim107

About the Kingdom Hearts game it isn't a port of the 1st one. It is supposed to a side story like Chain of Memories. It could go to either the PSP or DS though.