This topic is locked from further discussion.

BigGun440EX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 BigGun440EX
Member since 2004 • 449 Posts

Is it possible to use the PSP remote play when you don't have hi speed Internet or a home network setup? It says I have to enable ARTC or something like that... when I try to do that it says it cannot connect to a home network. When I first got the PS3 yesterday i took it somewhere that had high speed, connected to Sony to get the network updates and everything the bought it home. Maybe should I delete that Internet setup completely or whats going on here? Thanks for any help.

knicknut17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 knicknut17
Member since 2003 • 1987 Posts

Is it possible to use the PSP remote play when you don't have hi speed Internet or a home network setup? It says I have to enable ARTC or something like that... when I try to do that it says it cannot connect to a home network. When I first got the PS3 yesterday i took it somewhere that had high speed, connected to Sony to get the network updates and everything the bought it home. Maybe should I delete that Internet setup completely or whats going on here? Thanks for any help.

BigGun440EX

DO YOU OR DON'T YOU have a wireless internet connection?

If you do, then you can connect to your PS3 from your PSP via the internet. This can be found under Remote Play settings for both the PS3 and PSP. Remember that you have to pair the PSP to your PS3 to make this work.

Also, you must have your PlayStation Network account setup. That's how security is verified.

IF you do NOT have a wireless network at home, you can still connect the PSP and PS3 via Remote Play. This will only be local access though and you'll get a 12-15 foot range from your PS3 that your PSP can connect to it.

BigGun440EX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BigGun440EX

I don't have high speed, I've tried to connect it via Remote Play.. it asks to plag the PSP in via USB cable and all the setup process works then when you try to use it it says you must turn Atrac mode on or somethin like that, when you try to turn that on it says cannot connect to network like its looking for a high speed connection or something.

814StopsToday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 814StopsToday
Member since 2007 • 1390 Posts
TURN THE WLAN SWITCH ON!
4NGoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 4NGoods
Member since 2007 • 1028 Posts

Yes you need a wireless internet connection at you home to use the remote play feature.....i'm pretty certain b/c i was using the feature and my internet went out and the remote play feature would not work until it was able to detect a wireless signal. And yes i'm sure i selected local access. I'm not at home right now but i'll double check one more time when i get home and update you tomorrow.

4NGoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 4NGoods
Member since 2007 • 1028 Posts

Yes you need a wireless internet connection at you home to use the remote play feature.....i'm pretty certain b/c i was using the feature and my internet went out and the remote play feature would not work until it was able to detect a wireless signal. And yes i'm sure i selected local access. I'm not at home right now but i'll double check one more time when i get home and update you tomorrow.

BigGun440EX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BigGun440EX

TURN THE WLAN SWITCH ON!814StopsToday

That's on

masprague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 masprague
Member since 2006 • 614 Posts

hey bro,

ATRAC is a music codec developed by Sony. I cant see how this being on affects the Wireless....

nuke888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nuke888
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

hey bro,

ATRAC is a music codec developed by Sony. I cant see how this being on affects the Wireless....

masprague
STFU he does need to enable atrac and wma in system properties else remote play wont work for remote start and play via internet it needs to have his psp updated to 3.72 and the ps3 to 2.0 .
swuth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 swuth
Member since 2004 • 158 Posts
High Stake:Poker edition from the PSN. BEST REMOTE PLAY GAME EVER!!!!!!!! Works flawlessly, online or offline, BASTARD AWESOME!