PSP Recommendation Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WockaFlocka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#701 WockaFlocka
Member since 2010 • 173 Posts
I have MGS and Syphon and Crisis core. Are the FF's download only, because my connection is pretty slow ( 45 seconds a megabyte)
WockaFlocka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#702 WockaFlocka
what are some good psn minis?
WockaFlocka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#703 WockaFlocka
preferably rpg
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#704 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
The only Mini RPG I've seen is Zenonia, and it seems pretty cool. http://www.pspminis.com/4289/zenonia-review-very-poort/ PSPMinis' review, they say it's buggy, but the game has since been patched to fix this apparently.
rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#705 rubedisky
Member since 2009 • 1024 Posts
preferably rpg WockaFlocka
[QUOTE="Granpire"]The only Mini RPG I've seen is Zenonia, and it seems pretty cool. http://www.pspminis.com/4289/zenonia-review-very-poort/ PSPMinis' review, they say it's buggy, but the game has since been patched to fix this apparently.

yeah and there will come dungeon hunter game too.
Murj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#706 Murj
Member since 2008 • 4557 Posts

What are the best RPG's on the PSP? I don't mind sifting through a big list :P

UMD only please, I only have a chunky PSP and don't like spending money in the PSN Store.

nerdjohn77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#707 nerdjohn77
Member since 2010 • 34 Posts

Phantasy Star Portable 2 is a good RPG

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#708 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts

What are the best RPG's on the PSP? I don't mind sifting through a big list :P

UMD only please, I only have a chunky PSP and don't like spending money in the PSN Store.

Murj
[QUOTE="Daavpuke"][QUOTE="WockaFlocka"]Any good rpgs or stealth? preferably less then 35 dollars.

Loads. Where to start? FFVII Crisis Core Ys Seven Persona(s) Hezyx Force Tales Of Eternia And just about any cIassic PSONE rpg in the store.

Hesslv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#709 Hesslv
Member since 2010 • 39 Posts
Looking to pick up 3 PSone classics each 5.99 So far I think I'm going to get Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, and what else? Any good RPGs for the classics? I didn't play many PSone games back in the day so I'm not sure what else is really good..
WockaFlocka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#710 WockaFlocka
[QUOTE="Granpire"]The only Mini RPG I've seen is Zenonia, and it seems pretty cool. http://www.pspminis.com/4289/zenonia-review-very-poort/ PSPMinis' review, they say it's buggy, but the game has since been patched to fix this apparently.

Thanks, I just bought it, and so far it's really Good
WockaFlocka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#711 WockaFlocka

What r some good action RPGs?

I was thinking of picking up Jeanne D'arc, but I have a few questions before I do.

is there anything that sets this apart from your standard SRPG? It looks like a standard noob freindly SRPG, which id kinda like, buit is it also a team strategy?? how much grinding is there?is strategy nessesary or is it just grind until you overpower?how involved are the pre-battle preparations

rudebooy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#712 rudebooy
Member since 2011 • 87 Posts
I played in Paper Wars and I am surprised. Game is good :)
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#713 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Is zenonia any good on PSP? I hear there's a lot of issues (frame rate, button input) with it even after the update.

rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#714 rubedisky

Is zenonia any good on PSP? I hear there's a lot of issues (frame rate, button input) with it even after the update.

Gxgear
gameplay of fixed version: http://www.youtube.com/user/TLRtheory#p/a/u/2/nEtBw_yMMAs
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#715 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

rubedisky

gameplay of fixed version: http://www.youtube.com/user/TLRtheory#p/a/u/2/nEtBw_yMMAs

Thanks, it looked okay to me but doesn't quite show input lag due to the position. Guess I'll look up some comparison videos.

WockaFlocka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#717 WockaFlocka

Gxgear
there aren't any Laging or bugs. But one annoyon tidbit is that the first boss in one spot will corner you where you can't get out and will hit you, but no prob if you have Lvl 20-30. It's a great game and one of my faves this gen! But,its a grind fest, so be warned! :P
WockaFlocka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#718 WockaFlocka

I was thinking of picking up Jeanne D'arc, but I have a few questions before I do.

is there anything that sets this apart from your standard SRPG? It looks like a standard noob freindly SRPG, which id kinda like, buit is it also a team strategy?? how much grinding is there?is strategy nessesary or is it just grind until you overpower?how involved are the pre-battle preparations

WockaFlocka
plz answer. :)
Hesslv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#719 Hesslv
Member since 2010 • 39 Posts

In need of some good PSone classics, please!

Barely plaed the PSone when it was released and am not sure what titles are the best.

Looking for an RPG or something along those lines, thanks!

rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#720 rubedisky
[QUOTE="WockaFlocka"]

WockaFlocka

I was thinking about Jeanne d'arc too LOL. But now I don't want it anymore. I think I can't like chess games. Anyways if you want some really good action RPG's then try ys oath in felghana and ys seven. Or if you want normal RPG's where you have to walk around and kill random turn based battles with your crew then try Valkyrie profile Lenneth or Crimson Gem Saga. hope this helped a little bit.
WockaFlocka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#721 WockaFlocka

In need of some good PSone classics, please!

Barely plaed the PSone when it was released and am not sure what titles are the best.

Looking for an RPG or something along those lines, thanks!

Hesslv
Final Fantasy 6,7,9. Wild Arms. Zenonia, it's a psn mini, but a good rpg for only 6.99.
WockaFlocka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#722 WockaFlocka
[QUOTE="WockaFlocka"][QUOTE="WockaFlocka"]

rubedisky

I was thinking about Jeanne d'arc too LOL. But now I don't want it anymore. I think I can't like chess games. Anyways if you want some really good action RPG's then try ys oath in felghana and ys seven. Or if you want normal RPG's where you have to walk around and kill random turn based battles with your crew then try Valkyrie profile Lenneth or Crimson Gem Saga. hope this helped a little bit.

It helped alot, thanks! Yea lookin at it, doesn't really interesnt me either :P is Final Fantasy 1 or 2 okay for a turn based Rpg? The only Ff Game ove played is Crisis core.
Maminas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#723 Maminas
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
any decent cartoon looking games? like daxter,cloudy with a chance of meatballs,toy story 3,ratchet and clank
WockaFlocka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#725 WockaFlocka
any decent cartoon looking games? like daxter,cloudy with a chance of meatballs,toy story 3,ratchet and clankMaminas
Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and clank: Size Matters. What Genres do you like?
WockaFlocka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#726 WockaFlocka
P3P or Phantasy Star Portable 1 or 2? Either one will be my first gane in the series. I'm getting the sega collection, which has Phant star 2,3, and 4, so do I "need" Phntsy str? Or should I P3P, since I'm getting THREE other Phantasy Star RPG's formy Psp?
Maminas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#727 Maminas
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
by meaning daxter i meant jak and daxter last frontier and all ratchet and clank all games about genres... i dont really know i like almost every genre... but when it comes to cartoon type of games i preffer action and racing
WockaFlocka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#728 WockaFlocka
[QUOTE="Maminas"]by meaning daxter i meant jak and daxter last frontier and all ratchet and clank all games about genres... i dont really know i like almost every genre... but when it comes to cartoon type of games i preffer action and racing

Modnation Racing Little Big Planet.
rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#729 rubedisky
[QUOTE="WockaFlocka"][QUOTE="rubedisky"][QUOTE="WockaFlocka"] plz answer. :)

It helped alot, thanks! Yea lookin at it, doesn't really interesnt me either :P is Final Fantasy 1 or 2 okay for a turn based Rpg? The only Ff Game ove played is Crisis core.

haven't played them but you could search up a review.
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#730 Granpire

It helped alot, thanks! Yea lookin at it, doesn't really interesnt me either :P is Final Fantasy 1 or 2 okay for a turn based Rpg? The only Ff Game ove played is Crisis core.WockaFlocka
Final Fantasy 1 is a tricky one... it's a classic, to be sure, but it's quite repetitive and very long. Basically, if you don't mind lots of random encounters, you will like the game.

The PSP remakes of Final Fantasy 1 & 2 are by far the best out of every single remake out there, the visuals(still 2D, of course) are beautifully drawn, very clear and crisp, and the soundtrack is redone masterfully. If you liked classic RPG gaming, you might like the originals.

I haven't played Final Fantasy II, but I know it's presentation is very similar to the first remake, with somewhat different gameplay. I'd suggest reading the Gamespot reviews for both to figure out whether you'd enjoy them.

Review of Final Fantasy I: Anniversary Edition

Review of Final Fantasy II(PSP version)

rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#731 rubedisky

[QUOTE="WockaFlocka"] It helped alot, thanks! Yea lookin at it, doesn't really interesnt me either :P is Final Fantasy 1 or 2 okay for a turn based Rpg? The only Ff Game ove played is Crisis core.Granpire

Final Fantasy 1 is a tricky one... it's a classic, to be sure, but it's quite repetitive and very long. Basically, if you don't mind lots of random encounters, you will like the game.

The PSP remakes of Final Fantasy 1 & 2 are by far the best out of every single remake out there, the visuals(still 2D, of course) are beautifully drawn, very clear and crisp, and the soundtrack is redone masterfully. If you liked classic RPG gaming, you might like the originals.

I haven't played Final Fantasy II, but I know it's presentation is very similar to the first remake, with somewhat different gameplay. I'd suggest reading the Gamespot reviews for both to figure out whether you'd enjoy them.

Review of Final Fantasy I: Anniversary Edition

Review of Final Fantasy II(PSP version)

well I thought Ys oath in felghana was the best remake.
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#732 Granpire
[QUOTE="rubedisky"] well I thought Ys oath in felghana was the best remake.

When I said "the best out of every single remake out there", I meant out of the numerous remakes of Final Fantasy I and II. :P Compared to the Playstation and Game Boy Advance remakes, these two are the best, in terms of graphics and sound, at least.
rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#733 rubedisky
[QUOTE="Granpire"][QUOTE="rubedisky"] well I thought Ys oath in felghana was the best remake.

When I said "the best out of every single remake out there", I meant out of the numerous remakes of Final Fantasy I and II. :P Compared to the Playstation and Game Boy Advance remakes, these two are the best, in terms of graphics and sound, at least.

ah ok :P
Ventara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#734 Ventara
Member since 2011 • 293 Posts
Any game like Ys 7 out there? I love the gameplay of Ys 7, and the music, and the battles, and pretty much everything else. So any recommendations? I already have the other two Ys games, as well as have the upcoming one pre-ordered.
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#735 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
[QUOTE="Ventara"]Any game like Ys 7 out there? I love the gameplay of Ys 7, and the music, and the battles, and pretty much everything else. So any recommendations? I already have the other two Ys games, as well as have the upcoming one pre-ordered.

Maybe Tales Of Eternia would be for you. The Star Ocean remakes perhaps as well.
WockaFlocka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#736 WockaFlocka
I Used to play pokemon, and Is FF1 like it in any way?
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#737 Granpire

I Used to play pokemon, and Is FF1 like it in any way?WockaFlocka
Heh, very different games, these are.

They are both turn-based, so if you enjoy different magic attacks, exploiting weaknesses, and gaining experience A LOT, you might like it. But Final Fantasy I has none of the charm of the Pokémon series, conversations with people are fairly generic, and outside of towns, it's pretty much exactly like walking through the grass in Pokémon. A few steps, then BAM, a monster pops out of nowhere. It's fun in the beginning, but after a while, it could become very annoying, as there's no way out of random encounters, it's just a part of travelling.

Final Fantasy I is old, therefore very straightforward, but with no quest log or helper characters to remind you of your goals or names of characters, you have to trust you memory for important things like this. Pokémon is simple and straightforward, but also charming and light, as well as very forgiving. If you're used to being pampered by Pokémon, you may not like FFI. Then again, maybe you will just enjoy the many, many battles and take in the nice visuals and music.

You have to really give Final Fantasy a chance, you can't set your expectations too high coming into it.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#738 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

Hey, I'm interested in playing a DJ MAX game, but I've heard they're crazy hard...is there any particular game in the series that's more accessible to someone who isn't amazing at rhythm games? Any other good Asian rhythm game you can recommend is fine too.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#739 Granpire

Hey, I'm interested in playing a DJ MAX game, but I've heard they're crazy hard...is there any particular game in the series that's more accessible to someone who isn't amazing at rhythm games? Any other good Asian rhythm game you can recommend is fine too.

Cherokee_Jack
I've found DJ Max Portable 3 is alright for the average rhythm gamer, as it progresses slowly but surely, taking you from easy first songs to their "HD" versions as the game progresses. A big change from the previous games for difficulty, but you will have trouble with 6-note songs, it's quite a change from the rest of the game. I still can't get past any stage two songs except one in that mode.
GAMBIT1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#740 GAMBIT1551
Member since 2010 • 384 Posts

Hey guys. I'm just looking for a good rpg that will be good for a beginning with rpgs more or less. Since, psp tends to have a lot and I'm a noob with rpgs I was wondering what would be a good game to buy. I was thinking maybe Brave Story New Traveler or one of the Monster Hunter games or really anything good to start off with.

orion_52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#741 orion_52
Member since 2008 • 595 Posts

Hey guys. I'm just looking for a good rpg that will be good for a beginning with rpgs more or less. Since, psp tends to have a lot and I'm a noob with rpgs I was wondering what would be a good game to buy. I was thinking maybe Brave Story New Traveler or one of the Monster Hunter games or really anything good to start off with.

GAMBIT1551
Check out Persona 3 Portable.
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#742 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]

Granpire
I've found DJ Max Portable 3 is alright for the average rhythm gamer, as it progresses slowly but surely, taking you from easy first songs to their "HD" versions as the game progresses. A big change from the previous games for difficulty, but you will have trouble with 6-note songs, it's quite a change from the rest of the game. I still can't get past any stage two songs except one in that mode.

Thanks man, I'll go with that one.
WockaFlocka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#743 WockaFlocka
Gitaroo Man Lives or Dj Max Portable or DJ Max Fever.
Skoxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#744 Skoxz
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Hi guys :)

There is any Scary game for psp?
An game that really scaries you with monsters appearing suddenly and situations like that.

I was thinking about Silent Hill origins.... but seems an puzzle game and "Combine X with Y to make Z to open V" , and i hate that games :u

Any help?
Thanks

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#745 Granpire

Hi guys :)

There is any Scary game for psp?
An game that really scaries you with monsters appearing suddenly and situations like that.

I was thinking about Silent Hill origins.... but seems an puzzle game and "Combine X with Y to make Z to open V" , and i hate that games :u

Any help?
Thanks

Skoxz

Origins isn't too bad, but it tends to let you hear the monster's sounds long before they reach you.

I think your best bet would be Resident Evil or Silent Hill from the PS1 off the PlayStation Store. Both are often rated as some of the most scary games of all time, and the other Silent Hill PSP titles both are good, but not exactly scary.

CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#747 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts

What are the best games with tons of replayability for the PSP/are long and epic? Any RPGs or shooters? Resistance Retribution? Final Fantasy?

WockaFlocka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#748 WockaFlocka

What are the best games with tons of replayability for the PSP/are long and epic? Any RPGs or shooters? Resistance Retribution? Final Fantasy?

CaptainAhab13
Persona 3 Portable Syphon Philter Crisis core.
Oniresurrect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#750 Oniresurrect
Member since 2003 • 968 Posts

Its been about 4 years sense I have used this forum (PSP in general) due to my first PSP getting stolen :_:, anyway I'm back in the PSP world sort of haha.

Anyway I'm looking to feed my need for an RPG, considering I have an X-box 360 I have hardly seen any RPGs on it that really jump out to me mostly because I don't like the new setting in RPGs where you only really control the actions of one player and the rest of the party is AI driven or driven by preset actions you set up. I'm looking for turn based team fights (like FF7,FF8 ) that aren't really played out in real time. I have browsed a few of the RPGs on the PSP but really I never like listening to reviews I'd rather here from gamers. I have crisis core and I'm not enjoying it that much lol really burned out on FF7, I just like the early FF battle system.

Any suggestions ?