PSP Recommendation Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

drufeous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#551 drufeous
Member since 2004 • 2535 Posts

Persona 3 Portable worth it? Never played a Persona game before but am interested but not sure if I want to shell out 40 bucks and hate it. I have the GO too so will have to download it which means no returns and pretty sure no demo out.

xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#552 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

Persona 3 Portable worth it? Never played a Persona game before but am interested but not sure if I want to shell out 40 bucks and hate it. I have the GO too so will have to download it which means no returns and pretty sure no demo out.

drufeous

If you like jrpgs and anime/manga it's totally worth it. The combat is fun and the fusion of personas are cool but what's really good is your "life". There is a lot of dialogue and the social links are very interesting. Social Links are different characters you meet as you progress in your everyday life and each have a story. I found the story of most of the social links very interesting and I really wanted to evolve my relationship and see what would happen next. The main story is also great and I... I really don't have much negative stuff to say about Persona 3. I guess the most negative would be that the dungeon(or, tower rather) crawling feels a bit bland and after lots of hours I thought of it more as a chore. Definitely one of my top 10 games and I don't think you'll regret it.

drufeous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#553 drufeous
Member since 2004 • 2535 Posts

Great, thanks WOW!! I think I will pick it up as I'm in the mood for something like this after beating and playing Peace Walker to death. Thanks again.

blacknight06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#554 blacknight06
Member since 2006 • 1422 Posts

Great, thanks WOW!! I think I will pick it up as I'm in the mood for something like this after beating and playing Peace Walker to death. Thanks again.

drufeous
Persona should last you just as long as Peace Walker. At least 60 hours and the game still offers replay value on top of that
wangtao01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#555 wangtao01
Member since 2010 • 100 Posts
thanks! i love the patapon!!
Xx-Addict-xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#556 Xx-Addict-xX
Member since 2009 • 1119 Posts

Nowadays it seems fighting games are very hard on newmcomers....Is there any games that are 'easy'...? or not to complex to get good at on the psp? I know there's like Tekken, Couple SF ps1, Soul-Caliber, Guilty Gear, Mortal Kombat. I have dissidia, but that's not all that much of a 'fighting' game. But are there any fun, but i don't know how to put it...simple? I mean i don't need to put like 6 months into fluently doing people's combo's and such...?

XXI_World

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#557 XXI_World
Member since 2008 • 2050 Posts

Nowadays it seems fighting games are very hard on newmcomers....Is there any games that are 'easy'...? or not to complex to get good at on the psp? I know there's like Tekken, Couple SF ps1, Soul-Caliber, Guilty Gear, Mortal Kombat. I have dissidia, but that's not all that much of a 'fighting' game. But are there any fun, but i don't know how to put it...simple? I mean i don't need to put like 6 months into fluently doing people's combo's and such...?

Xx-Addict-xX

Tekken and Soul Calibur have some easy characters. SF games are very hard.

blacknight06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#558 blacknight06

I've spent hours trying to decide what I want andI'm stuck between Silent Hill Origins and Obscure The Aftermath.

Could anyone that has played either of those two help me out?

rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#559 rubedisky
Member since 2009 • 1024 Posts

I've spent hours trying to decide what I want andI'm stuck between Silent Hill Origins and Obscure The Aftermath.

blacknight06
obscure has very good graphics but from the score on the GS it's not that good. Silent hill origins is short but there are different endings. I don't own obscure but I have played it. I do own silent hill origins and it's a good game but sometimes difficult with the camera angles. ;)
dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#560 dovberg
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

does anyone haave any interest in phantasy star portable 2? I'm wondering if it will have an online scene worth coming to or not because I'm already skeptic because I don't know how we can communicate in this.

blacknight06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#561 blacknight06
[QUOTE="blacknight06"]

rubedisky
obscure has very good graphics but from the score on the GS it's not that good. Silent hill origins is short but there are different endings. I don't own obscure but I have played it. I do own silent hill origins and it's a good game but sometimes difficult with the camera angles. ;)

So would you say Origins is worth playing over again more than once?
rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#562 rubedisky
[QUOTE="rubedisky"][QUOTE="blacknight06"]

blacknight06

I haven't played it out yet (I have a lot of psp games...) but I think for some people it's worth to play it again. I tell you origins is really a better game then obscure. You live in USA right? Something called "favorites" will come soon in your country. It's a list of games that will cost 10$ each. origins is one of them.
blacknight06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#563 blacknight06
[QUOTE="rubedisky"][QUOTE="blacknight06"][QUOTE="rubedisky"] obscure has very good graphics but from the score on the GS it's not that good. Silent hill origins is short but there are different endings. I don't own obscure but I have played it. I do own silent hill origins and it's a good game but sometimes difficult with the camera angles. ;)

I haven't played it out yet (I have a lot of psp games...) but I think for some people it's worth to play it again. I tell you origins is really a better game then obscure. You live in USA right? Something called "favorites" will come soon in your country. It's a list of games that will cost 10$ each. origins is one of them.

Cool Thanks! That's exactly why I considered it, because I noticed it was only 10 dollars on PSN. So even If I buy it and don't like it, I won't feel like I lost much :)
ScorpionBeeBee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#564 ScorpionBeeBee
Member since 2009 • 394 Posts
I'm trying to decide between Persona 3 Portable and Class of Heroes off of PSN for my psp 3k. I've been on a dungeon crawling kick lately with Etrian Odyssey 2 and SMT Strange Journey on the DS so Class of Heroes looks right up my alley but then again I love Persona 3 but I just beat P3 FES a few weeks ago so I'm debating on whether I should let the Persona franchise chill a bit before I pick up P3P. So yeah help me out, which should I get first??
XXI_World

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#565 XXI_World
Member since 2008 • 2050 Posts

I'm trying to decide between Persona 3 Portable and Class of Heroes off of PSN for my psp 3k. I've been on a dungeon crawling kick lately with Etrian Odyssey 2 and SMT Strange Journey on the DS so Class of Heroes looks right up my alley but then again I love Persona 3 but I just beat P3 FES a few weeks ago so I'm debating on whether I should let the Persona franchise chill a bit before I pick up P3P. So yeah help me out, which should I get first??ScorpionBeeBee

I heard Cla.ss of Heroes is awful.

Persona 3 Portable is an amazing game, guaranteed (since you like P3F).

Off-topic: How did you write cla.ss with out getting an error message?

SiK99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#566 SiK99
Member since 2008 • 1673 Posts
I'm trying to decide between Persona 3 Portable and Class of Heroes off of PSN for my psp 3k. I've been on a dungeon crawling kick lately with Etrian Odyssey 2 and SMT Strange Journey on the DS so Class of Heroes looks right up my alley but then again I love Persona 3 but I just beat P3 FES a few weeks ago so I'm debating on whether I should let the Persona franchise chill a bit before I pick up P3P. So yeah help me out, which should I get first??ScorpionBeeBee
I'm having trouble putting P3P down because it is so good. (It is my first play-through and first experience with a main/non-spinoff persona game) I am not sure what the differences are between FES and P3P though so you might want to make sure there are enough to make it worth your time. I will say this: The dungeon crawling in P3P is my least favorite part of the game.
ScorpionBeeBee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#567 ScorpionBeeBee
Member since 2009 • 394 Posts

Well I ended up getting P3P, and despite finishing FES not too long ago I'm hooked already :P. As for how I wrote Class without the error msg I dunno, caps might be the key.

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#568 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts

Well I ended up getting P3P, and despite finishing FES not too long ago I'm hooked already :P. As for how I wrote Class without the error msg I dunno, caps might be the key.

ScorpionBeeBee
Use an uppercase i instead of an l.
tekken220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#569 tekken220
Member since 2008 • 5105 Posts

[QUOTE="ScorpionBeeBee"]

Daavpuke

Use an uppercase i instead of an l.

Well, I guess that would look weird for people who for some reason are using a different font (ciass lol :lol: )

M_1_A_M_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#570 M_1_A_M_I
Member since 2010 • 938 Posts

Is Twisted Metal 2 the PSN classic worth buying? How are the controls also? Thanks !

rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#571 rubedisky

Is Twisted Metal 2 the PSN classic worth buying? How are the controls also? Thanks !

M_1_A_M_I

click here for video review! Why not get twisted metal head on (psp game)?

takeiteazy3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#572 takeiteazy3
Member since 2008 • 743 Posts
So ive beeen away from the psp for like a year now, has there been any epic games i shoud pick up? I was look at the psn & some games look tempting... like the metal slug games for 20$ or hot shot tennis( enjoyed the demo alot ) here is the list of games i have atm. Im open to any type of games Patapon Wipeout pulse Tekken monster hunter freedom 2 GTA LCS FFT WotL Disgaea Aod Castlevania the cracula x cronicles Midnight club LA remix
rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#573 rubedisky
[QUOTE="takeiteazy3"]So ive beeen away from the psp for like a year now, has there been any epic games i shoud pick up? I was look at the psn & some games look tempting... like the metal slug games for 20$ or hot shot tennis( enjoyed the demo alot ) here is the list of games i have atm. Im open to any type of games Patapon Wipeout pulse Tekken monster hunter freedom 2 GTA LCS FFT WotL Disgaea Aod Castlevania the cracula x cronicles Midnight club LA remix

metal gear solid peace walker, monster hunter freedom unite, gta chinatown wars,....
blacknight06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#574 blacknight06
[QUOTE="takeiteazy3"]So ive beeen away from the psp for like a year now, has there been any epic games i shoud pick up? I was look at the psn & some games look tempting... like the metal slug games for 20$ or hot shot tennis( enjoyed the demo alot ) here is the list of games i have atm. Im open to any type of games Patapon Wipeout pulse Tekken monster hunter freedom 2 GTA LCS FFT WotL Disgaea Aod Castlevania the cracula x cronicles Midnight club LA remix

Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow is only $10. So I recommend That
takeiteazy3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#575 takeiteazy3

[QUOTE="takeiteazy3"]rubedisky
metal gear solid peace walker, monster hunter freedom unite, gta chinatown wars,....

Does MHFU have infastructure/online? ive spent hundrens of hours on the MHF2 just dont want the same single player game.

What are your guys thoughts on the Metal slug anthology. I remember always playing in on the quarter machines when i was a little kid. good times...

Edit: is there any kind of Torchlight/ Titans quest/ diablo kind of games worth picking up?

blacknight06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#576 blacknight06

[QUOTE="rubedisky"][QUOTE="takeiteazy3"]takeiteazy3

Does MHFU have infastructure/online? ive spent hundrens of hours on the MHF2 just dont want the same single player game. What are your guys thoughts on the Metal slug anthology. I remember always playing in on the quarter machines when i was a little kid. good times...

I bought it and I loved it. However, I got the UMD and the loading got a little annoying at times, but this shouldn't be a problem on the PSN version. You basically get Metal Slug 1-6 (and X), with plenty of unlockables such as wallpapers, artwork, and music. Totally worth it if you're a Metal Slug fan. It's like having 7 arcade machines with you.

Oh, and I don't think any of the Monster Hunters have online play. Only Ad-hoc

takeiteazy3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#577 takeiteazy3

"You basically get Metal Slug 1-6 (and X), with plenty of unlockables such as wallpapers, artwork, and music. Totally worth it if you're a Metal Slug fan. It's like having 7 arcade machines with you.

Oh, and I don't think any of the Monster Hunters have online play. Only Ad-hoc"

Man I never heard of those unlockables, sounds so dope. im Deff. a fan. :D

Yea ive always hated that about MH games. mindless fun either way.

rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#578 rubedisky

"You basically get Metal Slug 1-6 (and X), with plenty of unlockables such as wallpapers, artwork, and music. Totally worth it if you're a Metal Slug fan. It's like having 7 arcade machines with you.

Oh, and I don't think any of the Monster Hunters have online play. Only Ad-hoc"

Man I never heard of those unlockables, sounds so dope. im Deff. a fan. :D

Yea ive always hated that about MH games. mindless fun either way.

takeiteazy3
MHF3 will come soon.
tekken220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#579 tekken220
Member since 2008 • 5105 Posts

[QUOTE="rubedisky"][QUOTE="takeiteazy3"]takeiteazy3

Does MHFU have infastructure/online? ive spent hundrens of hours on the MHF2 just dont want the same single player game.

If you have a PS3 and a wired connection, then you can use it to play MHFU online with AdHoc Party.
takeiteazy3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#580 takeiteazy3
[QUOTE="takeiteazy3"]

[QUOTE="rubedisky"] metal gear solid peace walker, monster hunter freedom unite, gta chinatown wars,....tekken220

If you have a PS3 and a wired connection, then you can use it to play MHFU online with AdHoc Party.

Yea i heard about that like a year ago but i dont want to buy a PS3 just to play a PsP game online. that's lame. but that's just my opinion. & I also played the MHFU Demo but it just seems way to much like MHF2. Ill keep a eye on that MHF3 thought. I ended up getting the MS Anthology. been having a blast. brings back memories :D Also the unlockable wallpapers, artwork, and music is awsome.
sora1226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#582 sora1226
Member since 2003 • 160 Posts

I love hot shots tennis get a grip. It is so addicting.

Sangu1ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#583 Sangu1ne
Member since 2006 • 100 Posts

Can anyone give me an idea of what RPG is going to be the best purchases for a fan of final fantasy 7/8/9 ont he PSP out of this new crop coming out soon;

Valkyria chronicles

Kingdom hearts birth by sleep

Star Ocean

Phantasy Star portable

I only have time to play one of them whilst im in hospital, so id like it to be good :)

Thanks for your help

Avatar image for RurouniSaiyajin
RurouniSaiyajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#584 RurouniSaiyajin
Member since 2007 • 4951 Posts

Can anyone give me an idea of what RPG is going to be the best purchases for a fan of final fantasy 7/8/9 ont he PSP out of this new crop coming out soon;

Valkyria chronicles

Kingdom hearts birth by sleep

Star Ocean

Phantasy Star portable

I only have time to play one of them whilst im in hospital, so id like it to be good :)

Thanks for your help

Sangu1ne

It depends on what you enjoyed about those FFs really. Either way though, I don't think you can go wrong with Valkyria Chronicles 2 or KH: Birth By Sleep

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#585 Daavpuke
rule out Phantasy Star already. Not that it's a bad game, but it's the lesser in that pile. My prediction goes to Valkyria Chronicles II. I'm a big fan of Star Ocean, so normally I'd go with that, but as a game on its own, I believe Valkyria will be the most originally pleasing in content.
Sangu1ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#586 Sangu1ne
Member since 2006 • 100 Posts

Great! Thank you for your help, i think i might get VC1 for the PS3 as well!

Ta!

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#588 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts

has anyone tried phantasy stary 2 portable? i was considering buying it i cause i liked the demo but i just wanted to get a few extra opinions on it....

EDIT: Hmmmm.....nevermind seeing as though the game isnt out yet till next month. but i think ill be getting that and MGS: Peacewalker

mralspsp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#589 mralspsp
Member since 2006 • 149 Posts

VC1 on the PS3 is awesome!! There is a demo of VC2 on the PSN. :)

Xx-Addict-xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#590 Xx-Addict-xX
Been away from my PSP for a while...and my PS3 to. Been busy....But anyway. I've been hyper for -Ys Seven - KH BBS -VC II Which one is the must buy right away? All 3 look good, i'm leaning towards Ys Seven because it looks the coolest and most orginal. I played VC 1 and loved it, but i 've never played a KH series game. Anyone got any suggestions. I'm gonna buy all 3 over the next couple months. But which one should start me back up?
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#591 Daavpuke
Ys Seven is anything but original if you know the series. doesn't make it any less kickass though. If you want originality, then VCII is the first buy. Then I'd go for Ys and then BBS.
Xx-Addict-xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592 Xx-Addict-xX
Well i say orginal because it seems like a cool hack-n-slash party-system game? I'm not sure if that's correct or not though.But that seems different....? I've played VC so that's similiar to me and KH seems like an action rpg with some new quirks.
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#593 Daavpuke
All those arguments are fairly correct. But VCII is the most original in story and concept overall, but of course it will be similar to it's predecessor.
Xx-Addict-xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#594 Xx-Addict-xX
All those arguments are fairly correct. But VCII is the most original in story and concept overall, but of course it will be similar to it's predecessor.Daavpuke
Good to know.... I guess i'll get one of those two. Haha. It's prolly gonna depend if they have both in stock and what i feel like playing that day
Xx-Addict-xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#595 Xx-Addict-xX

Anyone play blood bowl? Is it any good?

Zhugare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#596 Zhugare
Member since 2010 • 180 Posts
I've Had a PSP for about 2 Months Now, and i've only played 3 games (Own 1). And i'm now going on to my next purchase and i was thinking about getting one of these games (Will be listed in a moment). The question is, which one should i get? I Tried looking at Game Reviews, But from what i've seen i can't really put my trust in those at the moment because They preached against the game "Rengoku: The tower of Purgatory" and i fairly enjoyed that game. Just saying. But it's not my personal preference that triumphs here, i need suggestions. The following are the games that i was thinking about getting. Please either list the top suggestion, and perhaps even put them in order of best to least. Please list a reason why as well. List Best Gameplay, Best Controls, etc. Stuff like that. I need people who have actually PLAYED THESE GAMES. If i'm breaking any rules by doing this, i apologize. But after reading the rules, i don't believe i have even broke any (Correct me if i am wrong) Here are the games i am considering - Dante's Inferno - God of War: Chains of Olympus - Assassins Creed: Bloodlines - Jackass: The Game - Family Guy - Dynasty Warriors (Either of the ones on PSP would be good) - Starwars Battlefront (Suggestions other are accepted to, although that would eventually take me to the "Official Thread" So yeah...probably not) So yeah, please list which game(s) you suggest and why. Please and thank you, I am most grateful for my fellow gamers' help. -Zhugare
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#597 Daavpuke

Anyone play blood bowl? Is it any good?

Xx-Addict-xX
Apparently it's awful. @Zhugare: Most those games aren't that good. But if you must, I suppose Assassin's Creed and God Of War are the best.
Zhugare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#598 Zhugare
Member since 2010 • 180 Posts
Well i have been known to ignore personal jeers....because sometimes they can be wrong. But since i am asking for suggestions, i may go along with it. What games would you suggest based on your personal experience? The input is appreciated as well, thank you.
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#599 Daavpuke
In the line of Hack & Slashy games, I suggest Dungeon Siege, but NOT Untold Legends, stay really far away from that one. You might also like Resistance: Retribution if you like shooting things and online multiplayer. Also Fat Princess.
SiK99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#600 SiK99
Member since 2008 • 1673 Posts
[QUOTE="Zhugare"]Here are the games i am considering - Dante's Inferno - God of War: Chains of Olympus - Assassins Creed: Bloodlines - Jackass: The Game - Family Guy - Dynasty Warriors (Either of the ones on PSP would be good) - Starwars Battlefront

The only two games from your list that I've played are God of War: Chains of Olympus and Starwars Battlefront. I've always considered GoW to be one of the highest quality games I've ever played on the PSP. From the graphics and voice acting...to the well balanced combat. It's only real weakness in my opinion is it is on the short side. As for Starwars Battlefront...The quality is there but I thought there was just too much going on for such a small screen. Some levels are almost impossible to do anything on because of all the background/scenery....It's all you can do to just survive, let alone partake in the action. Maybe these games are better on a larger screen?