PSP memory sticks...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dbhp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 dbhp17
Member since 2006 • 399 Posts
Will the memory card for my digital camera work with the PSP? Or does it have to be "the stick"?
Cellien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Cellien
Member since 2004 • 2280 Posts
Has to be Sonys stupid special DUO format. Basically its the same exact memory as SD and all the others, just with a different plastic casing so Sony can force people to buy their format. ONLY reason I gave into Sonys crap is cause I have a PSP... but I ordered cheaper, Non-Sony brands off ebay. Sandisk makes one and you can get no name ones from China. They generally cost quite a bit more than SD cards.
rainbowchick99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rainbowchick99
Member since 2007 • 37 Posts
if it says DUO on it wack the card in my friend!!!
nevereathim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 nevereathim
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts
if it says DUO on it wack the card in my friend!!! rainbowchick99
??? what does that mean
fazio93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 160

#5 fazio93
Member since 2005 • 2940 Posts

Has to be Sonys stupid special DUO format. Basically its the same exact memory as SD and all the others, just with a different plastic casing so Sony can force people to buy their format. ONLY reason I gave into Sonys crap is cause I have a PSP... but I ordered cheaper, Non-Sony brands off ebay. Sandisk makes one and you can get no name ones from China. They generally cost quite a bit more than SD cards.Cellien

yea and they were gonna make the ps3 not play any used or ps2 games----good thing they didn't or no one would have bought it

i_own_atrc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 i_own_atrc
Member since 2007 • 52 Posts
Has to be Sonys stupid special DUO format. Basically its the same exact memory as SD and all the others, just with a different plastic casing so Sony can force people to buy their format. ONLY reason I gave into Sonys crap is cause I have a PSP... but I ordered cheaper, Non-Sony brands off ebay. Sandisk makes one and you can get no name ones from China. They generally cost quite a bit more than SD cards.Cellien
they cost the same it just sd cards go on sale more. 4 gb ms duo is $80. and did you not forget about compact flash thats worst then ms duo
DevinB9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DevinB9
Member since 2007 • 498 Posts
I know best buy has a sandisk 4gb pro duo for 80CAD right now.
jerrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jerrt
Member since 2006 • 713 Posts
I know best buy has a sandisk 4gb pro duo for 80CAD right now.
DevinB9
i saw one for 96 usd the other day in store. the prices are falling. good news for all. [:
vought

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 vought
Member since 2003 • 135 Posts
I just bought the 4GB memory stick duo for $66 bucks on ebay. Go there! Don't buy it in a store. With shipping the total cost was $72 and I got it in the mail in 3 days.
Cellien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Cellien
Member since 2004 • 2280 Posts
I just bought the 4GB memory stick duo for $66 bucks on ebay. Go there! Don't buy it in a store. With shipping the total cost was $72 and I got it in the mail in 3 days.vought
Ya, those are fake Sony ones from China probably.. . I got one too, works great. Says Sony on it, but its blacked out... but you can still sorta see it lol.
DevinB9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DevinB9
[QUOTE="vought"]I just bought the 4GB memory stick duo for $66 bucks on ebay. Go there! Don't buy it in a store. With shipping the total cost was $72 and I got it in the mail in 3 days.Cellien
Ya, those are fake Sony ones from China probably.. . I got one too, works great. Says Sony on it, but its blacked out... but you can still sorta see it lol.

I read somewhere that more 90% of memory stick sold on ebay are fake.  Now, I'm not sure how accurate that number is, but I'm imagining that this is an issue.
Nahga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 Nahga
Member since 2005 • 796 Posts
Yeah only if it's a sony branded one, yes life sucks.
mthe1337one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mthe1337one
Member since 2005 • 2539 Posts
[QUOTE="Cellien"]Has to be Sonys stupid special DUO format. Basically its the same exact memory as SD and all the others, just with a different plastic casing so Sony can force people to buy their format. ONLY reason I gave into Sonys crap is cause I have a PSP... but I ordered cheaper, Non-Sony brands off ebay. Sandisk makes one and you can get no name ones from China. They generally cost quite a bit more than SD cards.i_own_atrc
they cost the same it just sd cards go on sale more. 4 gb ms duo is $80. and did you not forget about compact flash thats worst then ms duo

over-priced.  4gb ms pro duos are going for $65 in my area all the time.
JamesHutto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JamesHutto
Member since 2002 • 211 Posts
I wouldn't pay for a Sony stick.. get a Sandisk.  It's much more reliable, faster, and better priced.  Any memory sticks you see on ebay are 99% fake.  The problem with that is they don't support magicgate technology, the corrupt data, and do not have any warranties.  
vought

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 vought

My memory stick is the red one from Sansdisk.  It's not fake, it was just a good deal from online.  It may have been made in China, but its not fake.  Don't pay too much in Best Buy.  Thats  all.:P

DevinB9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DevinB9
Ha, this thread is like a month and half old.
tantalus4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tantalus4
Member since 2004 • 452 Posts
they're pretty cheap on ebay these days!
jxl180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jxl180
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Can't you just get a memory stick adapter so you can use a digital camera MS for PSP?
vought

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 vought

I really don't think its fake my friend. It works great with MP3s and MP4s and AVCs, etc. I just got a good deal.

SeanN003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 SeanN003
Member since 2007 • 468 Posts
Lmao @ like 5 month bump