PSP Memory Stick Problem

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DJSMITH007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DJSMITH007
Member since 2007 • 399 Posts

My PSP memory stick doesn't properly show up when I connect my psp through USB cable on to my computer. The 2Gb memory stick has music on it according to my psp but on my computer it shows up as 'removable disk' with nothing and 9Mb of total space. Whats the problem??

MacSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MacSexy
Member since 2007 • 143 Posts
You might want to check the memory stick to see if there's any bubbling of any sort on it...it's rare, but it happens (and it means the memory stick is fried)...and...you should attempt to update the memory stick if you're able. And have you set your computer to see hidden files? Something also tells me that's it is a possibility that someone hid the files...as a gag maybe. Try removing the memory stick and reinserting it, and make sure the USB cord and ports are cleaned and snuggly inserted...Though, you sure it's 9 mb total space, and not 9 mb free space?
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts

It doesn't have to show any physical signs of damage to be bad. Run a check disk on it from the pc also could format it in the psp

MacSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MacSexy
Member since 2007 • 143 Posts
It doesn't have to show any physical signs of damage to be bad.p4s2p0
True, just was the first thing that popped into mind because of a situation I had with my last one.