PSP GPS among other great add-ons

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Aperture_Eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Aperture_Eyes
Member since 2006 • 383 Posts

So my co-worker and I are shooting the **** during our lunch breakand he tells me there's a PSP GPS add-on. Not only that but he also tells me there's an add-on that allows you to use your car speakers to transmit MP3 audio from your PSP.

I've been regretting getting a PSP since it's been collecting dust, but with these great add-ons, I'm kind of glad I got it.

Any news on when these will be available?

SithLordKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SithLordKiller
Member since 2006 • 244 Posts

So my co-worker and I are shooting the **** during our lunch breakand he tells me there's a PSP GPS add-on. Not only that but he also tells me there's an add-on that allows you to use your car speakers to transmit MP3 audio from your PSP.

I've been regretting getting a PSP since it's been collecting dust, but with these great add-ons, I'm kind of glad I got it.

Any news on when these will be available?

Aperture_Eyes

They are both out already. Here's the link for the GPS:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bh-49-en-70-1mij.html

as for the FM transmitter, you can find those at best buy or any place that sells accessories for the psp.

progrmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 progrmr
Member since 2003 • 335 Posts
I think the GPS is out in Japan; but before it can be released elsewhere they would have to develop the map pack for that region. Very difficult I'm sure, and you have to provide a mechanism to update the data in case a road gets closed permanently or something like that. I'd like to see this in the US, but I'm not holding my breath.
death1505921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 death1505921
Member since 2004 • 5260 Posts

I think the GPS is out in Japan; but before it can be released elsewhere they would have to develop the map pack for that region. Very difficult I'm sure, and you have to provide a mechanism to update the data in case a road gets closed permanently or something like that. I'd like to see this in the US, but I'm not holding my breath.progrmr

Difficult? Lol wtf? You've never used GPS have you?

Journey89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Journey89
Member since 2005 • 1743 Posts

the GPS device is only out for Japan right now. inorder to use it as a GPS/map thingy you have to buy the UMD that comes with maps.

The FM transimitter? you can buy those at best buy or something. just buy one that runs off batteries and plugs into the audio jack. there are different models, try to find the one for the psp. you could use Ipod ones too(assuming they are universial)

SithLordKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SithLordKiller
Member since 2006 • 244 Posts

the GPS device is only out for Japan right now. inorder to use it as a GPS/map thingy you have to buy the UMD that comes with maps.

The FM transimitter? you can buy those at best buy or something. just buy one that runs off batteries and plugs into the audio jack. there are different models, try to find the one for the psp. you could use Ipod ones too(assuming they are universial)

Journey89

wow, you're just restating everything was said above already. Good job.