PSP GO is a NO GO at Gamestop!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hallgren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 hallgren
Member since 2002 • 69 Posts

Just went to reserve it today and was told by the local Gamestop manager that they will not be carrying it! I guess they feel that there won't be any attach rate. So will All the games be handled over the playstation network or will there be vouchers like patapon 2 is right now? If anyone knows any other info about this please post it, thanks!

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

while i imagine Gamestop is less than pleased to not get software sales from Go owners i doubt they won't carry it

i did hear rumors that retailers in North American threatened to drop PSP coz of poor yearly hardware and software sales but not dropping the PSP Go altogether

i heard that the reason for Go's inflated price is to actually give retailers a bigger cut since they will see no money from software for it

Coz if GameStop promotes PSP Go, that does away with their biggest part of their business, used games. So i think they will carry it but won't scream it from the roof tops after launch

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
Gamestop is greedy. Nuff' said.
Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

wait is there any truth to this? is gamestop really not going to carry it?

it wouldn't shock me, most retailers don't carry Apple computers due to low sales, high price and not enough accesory sales on them for retailers but this couldn't happen to Sony.

it isn't really happening is it??

Avatar image for Ryusuke_Akihiro
Ryusuke_Akihiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ryusuke_Akihiro
Member since 2007 • 425 Posts

I'm not surprised. Gamestop is run by 13-year old boys who can't get their mommies to get an internet service provider. So of course they wouldn't support anything related to digital distribution!

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts

wait is there any truth to this? is gamestop really not going to carry it?

it wouldn't shock me, most retailers don't carry Apple computers due to low sales, high price and not enough accesory sales on them for retailers but this couldn't happen to Sony.

it isn't really happening is it??

darth-pyschosis
I don't think that's relevant. It probably just doesn't make any sense business-wise for them to sell a product that provides no incentive for repeat purchasing. Game stores make next-to-nothing on new systems, and there's no reason for GameStop to sell the PSP Go in stores. People can't buy games for it there.
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

I'm not surprised. Gamestop is run by 13-year old boys who can't get their mommies to get an internet service provider. So of course they wouldn't support anything related to digital distribution!

Ryusuke_Akihiro

why would ANY "brick and mortar" store support digital distribution? The purpose of selling any hardware is to make profit (great profit) selling the software. If gamestop cant sell the software, why sell the hardware?

(13yr olds cant work at retail stores FYI, i think the minimum age for even part-time is 16. and if they have internet or not is not relevant at all.)

krissychole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 krissychole
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
GameStop is carrying the PSP Go. And they are going to sell game vouchers to use on the PSP Go. Just like Patapon 2 (for the PSP) and Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (for the PS3). Sony has made a set price for the system and GameStop is lowering or making the price higher. It is available to pre-order starting today and it's only $50 to pre-order it.
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
PSP Go is still listed on their website. Maybe only certain stores aren't going to sell it or it's an online exclusive.
mannycin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mannycin
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Does anyone know if u can listen to music on the PSP GO through a bluetooth headset
SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

Gamestop WASNT planning on selling it at first...but now its up for Pre-Order at ANY Location as of the last few weeks.

biscuits3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 biscuits3
Member since 2007 • 538 Posts

Well I know for sure that I pre-ordered it last week and have the receipt in my wallet. :P

gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

Gamestop is greedy. Nuff' said.ASK_Story

Yes they are and there employees seem to be also

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18810 Posts

Ryusuke_Akihiro
Why do ppl hate Gamestop for doing SMART Business? Retailers like Sony make thier money 1st on SOFTWARE sales. Its been said a Japan retailer makes only $7.50 per PS3 Slim sold. And that comment about mommies buying thier 13 old kids ISPs is really stupid and mostly inconvient(SP) My local gamestops can be packed especially during the holidays so imagine a Mom buying PSPgo then ask an employee for games,then mom is informed that it's download only. employee mentions mom can stay another 1hr downloading games from our free network. Even though she was in gamestop already for 3 hrs. Bottomline, thats stupid consumers have to rely on internet to play video games. Alot parents are so misinformed that they will buy their young kids PSPgo
ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts

[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]Gamestop is greedy. Nuff' said.gregbmil

Yes they are and there employees seem to be also

Testify... and STUPID AS THE DAY IS LONG.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
Gamestop is greedy. Nuff' said.ASK_Story
that doesn't even begin to describe it.
feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

why do people call GS greedy? anyhoo, as far as I know, i've seen pre-orders for the GO at many GS stores.

boybrushdred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 boybrushdred
Member since 2007 • 1892 Posts

why do people call GS greedy? .........

feryl06

i believe its because of the DLCs that are exclusive only to pre-ordered titles from GameStop.

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts

why do people call GS greedy? anyhoo, as far as I know, i've seen pre-orders for the GO at many GS stores.

feryl06

Charging $35 for a GameCube copy of "RE2" or "Nemesis", I don't give a snot HOW "rare" they may be... charging $40 for a PS2 copy of "REZ" based on hype... and the KING OF THE HILL TO ME - "$35 for a bloody Xbox copy of "Baldur's gate Dark Alliance II"!!!:evil:

The price has yet to fall on a game that really isn't that special. Trade-ins are a highway robbery and a proctological exam followed up with a slap to the face. It goes on and on and on... I saw three GS employees calmly accept a trade-in of "Marvel vs. CAPCOM 2", wait until the kid was out of the store, and then fight over who was taking to copy home after they had (and I quote) "HaHaHa- taken that little **** for a GOOD ride".

I was sickened by the display. They were SO proud that the kid didn't realize what he had in his hands, and that they now had it for a pitance.

magicquebec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 magicquebec
Member since 2006 • 1306 Posts

Well their PSN card sales are going to be better.

Anyway it's not like PSP games are selling well, everyone i know owns a cracked PSP, we just download the games we want, all that for 20$ How can you beat that ?

madnessguy10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 madnessguy10
Member since 2008 • 40 Posts

Are you serious?!!! Wow!!! I am shocked right now!!

atlanta_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 atlanta_guy
Member since 2009 • 363 Posts

Thats funny........BECAUSE I have the white PSP Go pre-ordered and reserved at my local GameStop.