PSP - Final Fantasy VII

This topic is locked from further discussion.

widdowson91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

User Lists: 7

#1 widdowson91
Member since 2008 • 1249 Posts

Should Square-Enix port Final Fantasy VII over to the PSP as a 3 disc game. I can't see why the PSP wouldn't support a 3 disc game, and it certainly does have the power to sustain the games visuals and sound.

Leon7J7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 Leon7J7
Member since 2008 • 738 Posts
They can't do it because they need permission from everyone that helped make that game........it's not as easy as it seems so stop complaining about it!
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9ba38f308de
deactivated-5f9ba38f308de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 deactivated-5f9ba38f308de
Member since 2005 • 1468 Posts
Why would they port it to the PSP if they can make it on the PS3 with MUCH better graphics and do a much better job on it. It's not like theyre completely obvlivious to everyone wanting it to be ported onto next gen consoles.
psp_mtness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 psp_mtness
Member since 2008 • 815 Posts
And why would it need to be put on three umds? 1 umd can have a max size of around 1.8gb thats plenty big enough to fit ff7 on it. Id imagine if ff7 was released for the psp, it would come in the form of download content not umd.
blooddog28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#6 blooddog28
Member since 2008 • 2049 Posts
I was thinking about that too... It would be so awesome! I would buy it for $50.00 even!
Avatar image for DoUFolksLikCofe
DoUFolksLikCofe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DoUFolksLikCofe
Member since 2008 • 200 Posts
Ya i think final fantasy VII is pretty awesome... i mean WOULD be pretty awesome ported for the psp.... :X id still buy it though no doubt in an instant. I don't think they even have it on Japans PSN yet which is surprising
kasper11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 kasper11
Member since 2005 • 61 Posts
They can't do it because they need permission from everyone that helped make that game........it's not as easy as it seems so stop complaining about it!Leon7J7
Huh? Since when do the individuals hold the rights and not the company?
Genesis_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#9 Genesis_123
Member since 2008 • 3948 Posts
I would love a final fantasy 7 on the psp but right now, I'm quite happy with crisis core
DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts
I hope they would port it to the PSP. I have an original copy from when it first came out but no PS1 to play it. :cry:
blooddog28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#11 blooddog28
Member since 2008 • 2049 Posts
indeed, the company contains the rights I belive
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts
I think Squenix is finally done with FFVII and is moving on to new things. We won't see it again, I'll bet, especially not a remake on the consoles. Why waste the effort and keep delaying new FF games and new IPs? Leave the ports for the DS.
Josh5890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Josh5890
Member since 2007 • 1025 Posts

Just make it available on the Playstation store. That makes everybody happy. 1. Consumers will get the game in its original form. 2. SquareEnix wont have to wast alot of time and money remaking it for the PSP on a UMD, forcing them to redo the whole game. 3. Gamespot forums because it would be lest cluttered with these posts.

LOL, just kidding on the last one but I think that this would be the best option for all parties involved.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5f9ba38f308de

Just make it available on the Playstation store. That makes everybody happy. 1. Consumers will get the game in its original form. 2. SquareEnix wont have to wast alot of time and money remaking it for the PSP on a UMD, forcing them to redo the whole game. 3. Gamespot forums because it would be lest cluttered with these posts.

LOL, just kidding on the last one but I think that this would be the best option for all parties involved.

Josh5890

No, if you want the original game, then go buy it. They've already made a tech demo just to see how they can pull of FFVII on the PS3. It looks hella nice and since they've made a prequel to the game (CC: FFVII), another FFVII game (Dirge of Cerberus) AND a fully animated movie (FFVII: Advent Children) + Last Order. As well as a few mobile games. I think not only would the customers enjoy it, but so would the producers. I think they'd have a lot of fun producing a beautifyed version of the original FFVII that all started this whole franchise off of one FF game.

Elitheos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Elitheos
Member since 2003 • 111 Posts

They can't do it because they need permission from everyone that helped make that game........it's not as easy as it seems so stop complaining about it!Leon7J7

:shock:

BeeefIsGoood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BeeefIsGoood
Member since 2007 • 1418 Posts
i'd get it, cuz i never had a playstation, so ive never played it
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

Why would they port it to the PSP if they can make it on the PS3 with MUCH better graphics and do a much better job on it. It's not like theyre completely obvlivious to everyone wanting it to be ported onto next gen consoles.Spirit_Warriors

Because It's a game that shouldn't be touched...just like Chrono Trigger.

I don't want a PS3 updated version of FF7, I want the FF7 I played years ago, exactly the way it was.

DanjuroPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DanjuroPhoenix
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Final Fantasy VII remake or port in PSP or PS3?

i'd choose remake of the same game, with its contents untuouched, including it's secrets and all,don't change the bitsy things (just like they did on FF IV, I beaten the port game on PS, and it felt strange to see Namingway so early in the game), just make the AI smarter and use the best graphics to live Cloud and Sephiroth. So I'd choose that Square Enix make a remake of FF VII on the best machine that offers best graphics quality (hey, it's a VIDEO game, right, so graphics is a mandatory abligation), that'd be PS3, with again, all others untouched (well, maybe they could add a bit of voice acting here and there).

gormo4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#20 gormo4
Member since 2008 • 5401 Posts

Should Square-Enix port Final Fantasy VII over to the PSP as a 3 disc game. I can't see why the PSP wouldn't support a 3 disc game, and it certainly does have the power to sustain the games visuals and sound.

widdowson91
U CAN emulate it.. but I can't tel u how so don;t bother (it's against GS rules)
resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts
how about play2 play hook it up to ur ps3 and play it on ur psp
Gohansephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 Gohansephiroth
Member since 2005 • 9871 Posts
It would be pretty cool, but id rather see a redone version on the ps3. I mean if i wanted to play the original version id just go play that instead.
Roger_Sabuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Roger_Sabuga
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
well, in my opinion PSP is better than play3, i buy one play 3 and psp, play 3 just give problem, and with the emulator I play games of play 3 on psp,of course is not the same quality, the more you play.
madden4455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 madden4455
Member since 2008 • 96 Posts
IT is Awsome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5f9ba38f308de

[QUOTE="Spirit_Warriors"]Why would they port it to the PSP if they can make it on the PS3 with MUCH better graphics and do a much better job on it. It's not like theyre completely obvlivious to everyone wanting it to be ported onto next gen consoles.Mau-Justice

Because It's a game that shouldn't be touched...just like Chrono Trigger.

I don't want a PS3 updated version of FF7, I want the FF7 I played years ago, exactly the way it was.

Then buy the original game, I find no reason to just remake it EXACTLY the way it was.. I played the original too but I would really like to see an improved version. They don't have to change the gameplay at all, infact, they shouldn't. I just want to see possible voice acting and better graphics.

UnamedThing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 UnamedThing
Member since 2008 • 1761 Posts
Would they really need permission from everyone?
elfimis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#27 elfimis
Member since 2008 • 1099 Posts
No, they do not need permission from everyone. They only need permission from who holds the License over this game, which is obviously Square-Enix....or was it still Squaresoft back then...hmm??? either way, SQUARE dammit, not the whole staff.
Malango23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 Malango23
Member since 2007 • 74 Posts
I have red alert on my PSP from the playstation online store, and that was a full 2 disc game and it's only 900+MB on my PSP. So surely FFVII could easy be under 1.5 GB, and disc 3 was tiny anyway, it wasn't a full disc. I have a 4GB memory card so I would love FFVII, and the reason they don't put it on the PS3 is because they'd have to totally remake it (to who ever mentioned that). A PSP port would be simple because the game is already made. Come on Sony, pull your finger out and actually put some better games on the store. I can't believe square enix wouldn't like all the cash from the FFVII sales, they're nuts...
naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
they should but SE arent that smart along with other game companies
widdowson91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

User Lists: 7

#30 widdowson91
Member since 2008 • 1249 Posts
It would make sense though to release it on the PSP because more people world wide own a PSP then people own PS3's so in those regardes they should get more sales. But It's similar to Ocarina of Time. I want Nintendo to re-release Ocarina of Time on either the DS or the Wii but they won't so probably FFVII will never be remade or ported. But we can live in hope.
ZackPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 ZackPSP
Member since 2008 • 93 Posts
It would make sense though to release it on the PSP because more people world wide own a PSP then people own PS3's so in those regardes they should get more sales. But It's similar to Ocarina of Time. I want Nintendo to re-release Ocarina of Time on either the DS or the Wii but they won't so probably FFVII will never be remade or ported. But we can live in hope.widdowson91
I don't care what FF game comes to PSP I'll buy it anyway (no tactics though)
djzer0101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 djzer0101
Member since 2007 • 39 Posts

widdowson91
FF7 is one of the best games of all time.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Why don't they just release the Psone game at the Playstation store?
Malango23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 Malango23
Member since 2007 • 74 Posts

Why don't they just release the Psone game at the Playstation store?sSubZerOo

I wish I knew I really do. surely square would make a killing if they put the FF's on the store.

Avatar image for DoUFolksLikCofe
DoUFolksLikCofe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DoUFolksLikCofe
Member since 2008 • 200 Posts
Turns out u can actually do this LEGALLY on the new firmware from sony if u have a ps3 and a wifi connection. U can put the ps1 game in and play it on ur psp with a wifi connection which sounds frekin awesome. As far as putting it on the PSN square still wont release it and they have a large say in what goes on. I wouldn't be surprised if sony and square got together and made the decision not to release it on psn simply to butter us up for some new ff7 spin off that may be in the works whether it be a remake or somethin else. Thats my two cents
pukmok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 pukmok
Member since 2008 • 775 Posts

Good god people. Stop it! I have it on my PSP right now! Thats right and it runs perfectly. The only difference between you and me is I didnt ask for permission and got my firmware elsewhere. I can play any ps1 game I own on my PSP. Thanks Sony for a flawless ps1 emulator.