PSP error 80410A0B

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by deathdan1546 (43 posts) -

I am getting this error everytime I try to scan for an access point. I tryed everything just to make it go away...I check my wireless router, but its working fine.

I even did restored my defaults and it still won't work...Can anyone help me with this? I would really appreciate this.

Thank You,

DeathDan1546

#2 Posted by the_man03 (418 posts) -
Is the WLAN Switch (the switch to the left side of the System) up?
#3 Posted by deathdan1546 (43 posts) -
ya its up
#4 Posted by amcallister902 (1339 posts) -
i get this too.... i would really like some help also...
#5 Posted by kimbokasteniv (3892 posts) -

Does the green WLAN light flicker when you try to scan?

If you type the error code into google, it seems people are reporting that the error refers to a hardware problem with the wifi card. So you might just have a damaged unit from a fall or faulty manufacturing. One person reports that they fixed the problem by pushing the WLAN switch up very hard.

But maybe you are lucky and the psp is misdiagnosing it's self. If not check your manual and give sony support a call.

#6 Posted by ootp2003 (1828 posts) -

Does the green WLAN light flicker when you try to scan?

If you type the error code into google, it seems people are reporting that the error refers to a hardware problem with the wifi card. So you might just have a damaged unit from a fall or faulty manufacturing. One person reports that they fixed the problem by pushing the WLAN switch up very hard.

But maybe you are lucky and the psp is misdiagnosing it's self. If not check your manual and give sony support a call.

kimbokasteniv

*Looks to find the support phone number...*

#7 Posted by jewls555 (6906 posts) -

I think you need to get the WEP key number. If you have WEP security

Also I think that that error is your psp wi-fi timed out. good luck trying to fix it.

#8 Posted by kevin_lp26 (25 posts) -

I get a problem with my psp 3000 this have prblem for conect to wnlan say the menssage " a conection has ocurred (8041A0B) I check my router and don't have problem also when i try to conect say please put the switch in on , is in on

anyone can help please ?

thanks

#9 Posted by theMarshell (602 posts) -
Your wifi card is dead you have to send it into sony. This is what happens when you or someone else frops the system too much.
#10 Posted by UnamedThing (1761 posts) -
Your wifi card is dead you have to send it into sony. This is what happens when you or someone else frops the system too much.theMarshell
Most likely, this is correct.
#11 Posted by rocket_ronny (25 posts) -
i get the same thing, although i have dropped it so many time, none of my lights on the right of my system works. Please could you tell me if i can fix it, yes or no
#12 Posted by FandomUser (25 posts) -
How would you get the wifi card out?
#13 Posted by janardan123 (80 posts) -

Take out the UMD disc from the back of the PSP if one is inserted.

Take out your memory card from the memory card reader if one is inserted.

Turn on your PSP.

Go to the "Settings" tab in the Cross Media Bar and select "System Settings."

Select "Restore Default Settings" and confirm that you wish to restore all settings to the factory defaults.

Restart your PSP.

Try connecting to the Internet again. If you still get the 80410A0b error, try connecting to another network. If you successfully establish a connection to another network, your router is at fault. If you cannot connect to the second network, your PSP's Wi-Fi card could be damaged and may need repairs.

#14 Posted by chichimella (25 posts) -
how did u deal with d prob.
#15 Posted by chichimella (25 posts) -
so wat should i do
#16 Posted by chichimella (25 posts) -
wonderin d same thng