PSP charger voltage/frequency question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bozi7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bozi7
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Hello, I am planning to buy a PSP. Sadly, I don't have money for a new one so I'm forced to buy it off eBay (used), and pretty much all of them are from the USA. Now, here is the problem: the USA are using 100-127V / 60 Hz and I'm in Europe - 220-240V / 50 Hz. Can this be a problem, does the charger just transform the electricity, or it doesn't matter at all? Or do I just have to buy a charger for this type of electricity?
xero_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 xero_33
Member since 2004 • 171 Posts
Hello, I am planning to buy a PSP. Sadly, I don't have money for a new one so I'm forced to buy it off eBay (used), and pretty much all of them are from the USA. Now, here is the problem: the USA are using 100-127V / 60 Hz and I'm in Europe - 220-240V / 50 Hz. Can this be a problem, does the charger just transform the electricity, or it doesn't matter at all? Or do I just have to buy a charger for this type of electricity?Bozi7
got one from the usa and im from the philippines.... we use 220v here... no problems whatsoever.. just make sure u buy psp chargers...
kimbokasteniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 kimbokasteniv
Member since 2004 • 3892 Posts
Like Xero said, the psp adapter/charger can be used with voltages ranging from 110-240v, so there will be no problem with that. However, the American plug type is most likely different from your country's. Meaning, you may have to buy/find a different plug end for the adapter (the plug end is detachable from the adapter). Since I don't think they sell the plug end by itself, you may be forced to buy an adapter locally.
xero_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xero_33
Member since 2004 • 171 Posts
Like Xero said, the psp adapter/charger can be used with voltages ranging from 110-240v, so there will be no problem with that. However, the American plug type is most likely different from your country's. Meaning, you may have to buy/find a different plug end for the adapter (the plug end is detachable from the adapter). Since I don't think they sell the plug end by itself, you may be forced to buy an adapter locally. kimbokasteniv
yeah.. forgot about that plug.... yeah you may need to find an adapter for your power outlet.. the end cable may be differnt.. but after you plug it in successfully... charge up! there's should be no problem.. just as long you get the original psp charges.. just to be safe.... at least in your country if not from the psp package..
Bozi7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Bozi7
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Hehe... I have a PS2, so the AC cable from it will probably work. Thanks :)
FoxFireJ2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FoxFireJ2
Member since 2002 • 245 Posts
I bought my PSP in the USA before I relocated to South Korea. I have plugged my PSP charger into a South Korean 240 volt wall socket and it works fine. As long as the recharger says it can accept up to 240v 50/60hz, then you should be fine.
Iron_aufschlag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Iron_aufschlag
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

easy I have sharged mine in the UK, USA,Italy,Germany, All on a German cable.

btw

buy an oversized battery, it's a lifesaver.

Ociven18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ociven18
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Hi zero, im ociven from philippines., pinadalan me ng brother ko ng PSP VITA from USA. Im worried na basta isaksak ang VITA para icharge kasi 220V nga tayo dito sa pinas and sa USA daw is only 110V. Are you 100% sure na hindi sasabog ang VITA Pag sinaksak sa 220V? hindi naba talaga kailangan ang transformer? Just need your healp..thank you. (Sayang kasi pag bumili pa me ng transformer tapos pwede naman na pala sa 220V diba?) ;)