PSP Can't Find IP Address

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by funnymario (9122 posts) -
It times out and doesn't find it. I set IP address to automatic. Help?
#2 Posted by imaspin17 (1035 posts) -
There can be so many problems when the PSP can't find IP address. Do you have MAC filtering security that is blocking your psp? Is the signal strength somewhat strong? Is the wireless router emitting both g and b signals, (the psp can only use "b")... There may be other problems as well, but check those first, they are usually the most common.
#3 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26735 posts) -
did you put in a wep. mine asked for that the first time and i didnt add it, but then the second time i added it and it worked.
#4 Posted by gamenux (5308 posts) -

There can be so many problems when the PSP can't find IP address. Do you have MAC filtering security that is blocking your psp? Is the signal strength somewhat strong? Is the wireless router emitting both g and b signals, (the psp can only use "b")... There may be other problems as well, but check those first, they are usually the most common.imaspin17

yup,.... what he said....

do you even havea wireless internet router at home?

#5 Posted by funnymario (9122 posts) -
The router is set to B-G mixed. Ill give b a go. And yes, the signal is really good. Thanks. I'll try some stuff now.
#6 Posted by kimbokasteniv (3892 posts) -
If you find that your psp is still timing out, even after checking all of the above, then also check whether DHCP is enabled.
#7 Posted by funnymario (9122 posts) -

I may need to manually forward my PSP's ports (along with my DS's and 360's).

Anyone else ever had to do this?

#8 Posted by serious_bizniz (25 posts) -

go to the command prompt on your computer (not the PSP) and type in IPCONFIG your ip address shows up along with the DNS and from there you can manually type in your ip address

#9 Posted by rossaryy123 (25 posts) -
It times out and doesn't find it. I set IP address to automatic. Help?funnymario
If you can't find your IP address using PSP(PlayStation Portable) try the command ipconfig or ipconfing/all in your command prompt. It shows your Ip address and DNS IP address. If it is unable to show the results find your IP address using the site Ip-Details.com it also provide location of the IP, country and ISP address.