PSP becoming obsolete?

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 rubedisky
Member since 2009 • 1024 Posts
even if its obsolete soon i love it , I played on my gameboy colour , N64 long after they were obsolete. I got Lumines, Go Sodoku, Me and my katamari and loco roco 2 yesterday for 20 gbp 30 us dollar , things are more expensive in the UK to start with but as two of these games were new the price is awesome here. The ps1 games on the psp are awesome, these old games just look awful on our HD 40 inch tv but they look good on the psp and this is enough to keep me happy :) bekki2308
eehrr in the UK the psp games are even cheaper than in my country. You should check out the internet shops. Like play.com for example...
rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 rubedisky

No it's not obsolete. There's plent of good games coming out for/come out recently for it.

You've got Patapon 3 (if you like those games)

MGS Peace Walker

Valkyria Chronicles 2

Prinny 2

Disgaea Infinite (which just released)

DJ Max 3 (coming the US, anyway)

Project Diva 2 (Just released)

God of War: Ghost of Sparta (I'm not a fan, but plenty of people are)

Plus all the downloadables that keep hitting the PSN. Games, Minis, PSOne Classics...

There's still tons of great games coming for the PSP.

MorbidToaster
RE is coming? it has a release date for europe... or am I wrong?
soulreaper-4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 soulreaper-4
Member since 2007 • 2247 Posts

[QUOTE="r-teest"]

I was just in Gamestop the other day and the psp section on the wall is non existent. They're only on a small square stand sitting in the middle of the store...

Also, in walmart, they're like, only 2 rows for psp games. (atleast where I live)

Banjo_Kongfooie

Well it is getting pretty old now... Especially in this day in age with technology advancing rapidly.

It still has life in it though even going into 011 and it is nice that Sony isn't giving up on the Psp. But of course when the 3DS comes out a contest will emerge from the "graphics do not matter" crowd between their new device and a 5+ year old system...

TECHNOLOGY IS JUST A TOOL. Haven't you looked at the DS? They still sell like hot cakes specially over there in Japan and the system is very old in tech. GAMES ARE WHAT MAKES A CONSOLE GREAT NOT SPECS.
Embossed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Embossed
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Maybe it's because of the PSP Go, people going for the digital distribution and anything, some of them prolly go like: "Eh, screw it, I'm buying a PSP Go, I'm buying a handheld console to play while I'm away, not to carry UMDs with me as luggage, I have all I need on my PSN" And to be honest, some of the PsOne classics such as FF7, 8, 9 & Tactics are easily worth 200h and more hours of gameplay, and since most new games are digitally distributed, the PSP UMDs are slowly dying. Conclusion: The UMDs = Maybe The PSP as a console, both the 3000 and Go = Not a chance.
rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 rubedisky
[QUOTE="Embossed"]Maybe it's because of the PSP Go, people going for the digital distribution and anything, some of them prolly go like: "Eh, screw it, I'm buying a PSP Go, I'm buying a handheld console to play while I'm away, not to carry UMDs with me as luggage, I have all I need on my PSN" And to be honest, some of the PsOne classics such as FF7, 8, 9 & Tactics are easily worth 200h and more hours of gameplay, and since most new games are digitally distributed, the PSP UMDs are slowly dying. Conclusion: The UMDs = Maybe The PSP as a console, both the 3000 and Go = Not a chance.

if the psp 2 doesn't have backwards compatibility than a lot people will stick with their psp 1. for example: I bought like 25 UMD's already, so I always want a psp that can play them. so they should make a laser that can read both, the umd and the new media.
bekki2308

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 bekki2308
Member since 2010 • 26 Posts
[QUOTE="bekki2308"]even if its obsolete soon i love it , I played on my gameboy colour , N64 long after they were obsolete. I got Lumines, Go Sodoku, Me and my katamari and loco roco 2 yesterday for 20 gbp 30 us dollar , things are more expensive in the UK to start with but as two of these games were new the price is awesome here. The ps1 games on the psp are awesome, these old games just look awful on our HD 40 inch tv but they look good on the psp and this is enough to keep me happy :) rubedisky
eehrr in the UK the psp games are even cheaper than in my country. You should check out the internet shops. Like play.com for example...

play.com I cant order from them as they say my bank details are wrong and to contact my bank everytime i try but no the bank says its all right and nobody else has a problem with my card, they arent any cheaper than games at the store really . Ill be more precise tgames in the UK are more expensive than in the US and there is less selection which doesnt half suck. What country are you in?
rubedisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 rubedisky
[QUOTE="rubedisky"][QUOTE="bekki2308"]even if its obsolete soon i love it , I played on my gameboy colour , N64 long after they were obsolete. I got Lumines, Go Sodoku, Me and my katamari and loco roco 2 yesterday for 20 gbp 30 us dollar , things are more expensive in the UK to start with but as two of these games were new the price is awesome here. The ps1 games on the psp are awesome, these old games just look awful on our HD 40 inch tv but they look good on the psp and this is enough to keep me happy :) bekki2308

play.com I cant order from them as they say my bank details are wrong and to contact my bank everytime i try but no the bank says its all right and nobody else has a problem with my card, they arent any cheaper than games at the store really . Ill be more precise tgames in the UK are more expensive than in the US and there is less selection which doesnt half suck. What country are you in?

Well 23.5 EUR from the release is really cheap acctually...... I live in Belgium.
soulreaper-4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 soulreaper-4
Member since 2007 • 2247 Posts
even if its obsolete soon i love it , I played on my gameboy colour , N64 long after they were obsolete. I got Lumines, Go Sodoku, Me and my katamari and loco roco 2 yesterday for 20 gbp 30 us dollar , things are more expensive in the UK to start with but as two of these games were new the price is awesome here. The ps1 games on the psp are awesome, these old games just look awful on our HD 40 inch tv but they look good on the psp and this is enough to keep me happy :) bekki2308
A lot of people are so ignorant that they still don't understand that it's not the games that look bad it's the TV the one that's the problem. The bigger your TV is the farther you need to sit for the image of videogames to look as it is supposed to. Now a days people want to put 50 inches tvs in small rooms wile sitting 4 feet away from it or less. 1. 40 inches or more TV = Jumbo pixels = longer distance to keep games looking good. 2. Ignorance = Bad purchases and decisions.
bekki2308

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 bekki2308
Member since 2010 • 26 Posts
[QUOTE="bekki2308"]even if its obsolete soon i love it , I played on my gameboy colour , N64 long after they were obsolete. I got Lumines, Go Sodoku, Me and my katamari and loco roco 2 yesterday for 20 gbp 30 us dollar , things are more expensive in the UK to start with but as two of these games were new the price is awesome here. The ps1 games on the psp are awesome, these old games just look awful on our HD 40 inch tv but they look good on the psp and this is enough to keep me happy :) soulreaper-4
A lot of people are so ignorant that they still don't understand that it's not the games that look bad it's the TV the one that's the problem. The bigger your TV is the farther you need to sit for the image of videogames to look as it is supposed to. Now a days people want to put 50 inches tvs in small rooms wile sitting 4 feet away from it or less. 1. 40 inches or more TV = Jumbo pixels = longer distance to keep games looking good. 2. Ignorance = Bad purchases and decisions.

1.I was simply comparing the two. I also find the games more enjoyable on the PSP. m well aware of the whole pixel thing and having to sit further back to get a good picture, but IMHO PS1 games look better on the PSP than on a TV. 2. We made no bad purchases we have Sony TV's sold as PS3 optimised . and lol i couldnt imagine watching a 50 inch tv from 4 feet away .......... headache . We are a bit more realistic with the distance we watch our TV from lol