This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mittsman890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Mittsman890
Member since 2007 • 416 Posts

1. Is this being sold everywhere now? I'm new to portable handhelds, sorry. I want this one if it's the new one.

2. What's the diff btw this and the PSP Slim? Which one should I get?

3. Does it come with memory card? If not, how much extra?

Superblob123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Superblob123
Member since 2007 • 256 Posts
I got a 3000 Christmas. Yes, it is the newest type, but I have only seen it in a Ratchet and Clank bundle for $200, which includes a 1 gig memoty card. My little brother has a slim, and I prefer the 3000, mainly because the screen has a wider range of colors, and the plastic has a more matte finish, compared to the slippery slim. Hope that helps!
Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 Steameffekt
Member since 2008 • 4950 Posts
The difference between the PSP slim and PSP 3000 is very little. The only update with the PSP 3000 is the screen is more sharp in colors and is brighter. I really enjoy mine. Especialy the matte finish!
Muffinlybliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Muffinlybliss
Member since 2008 • 225 Posts

PSP Slim: Very good quality screen, wonderful gameplay, has Skype included with it. You can buy a Skype Headset for 30 dollars at WalMart or about 20 on Amazon like I did.

PSP 3000: I hate it. Scalines are horrible, and whoever doesn't see it is blind. The faulty screen tells you that it has problems with hardware compatability. The colors are far too vibrant, and one person said that it turns Snake's hair yellow. (from a shooter) Its supposed to be white. The microphone can be easily replaced with the Skype Headset on the PSP Slim.

In other words, stick with Slim! Cheaper, and worth the buy!

elfimis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 elfimis
Member since 2008 • 1099 Posts
Slim=good, 3000=****.
andy541

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 andy541
Member since 2005 • 168 Posts
I just bought a new PSP-3000 a couple of weeks ago. I purchased the Rachet & Clank bundle with Echochrome, 1GB memory stick. Great portable, nice selection of inexpensive games if you don't mind buying used games, downloadable games from the PlayStation Store, built in mic (works great in SOCOM FTB2) and the screen is beautiful. Now if only Sony would market this right and add a trophey system of some sort I am sure people would buy games for it again. Regardless I am happy with my purchase.
therealryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 therealryu
Member since 2004 • 388 Posts
3000 screen problems seem to be isolated incidents. Sony confirmed the problem but many, many people I have talked to on this site and in real life do not have them. Including mine which I bought maybe a month ago. The only difference between my PSP and my cousins 2000 is the microphone and the brighter screen. No matte finish OR scanlines for me. Oh and it came in the Ratchet and Clank Bundle with 1 GB memory stick, National Treasure 2, and Ratchet and Clank obviously.