PSN still can't change location..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gergs27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gergs27
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

There's a post up at reddit about not being able to change a PSN account's location. This means you can't buy games from another region, even if it's the one you moved to... The only way to get around this is to make a new PSN account entirely. Which is dumb as heck. Now there's a petition up to try and get Sony to help us out here.

Fine, it's a licensing issue or whatever, but Sony should still have the tools in place to change someone's PSN location when they move. That's not a super crazy thing to ask for, right?

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

Erm... I don't think anyone sees this as an issue as you can go on buying things from your original region even if you move. And if you want games from your new location you can still buy them with another account or locally. I'm not seeing the issue here other than not being able to carry trophies over between profiles. It's really not that big a deal as people with home consoles don't relocate on a permanant basis that frequently.

Having multiple profiles support for devices that don't (such as the Vita) would be infinitely more useful to current PSN account holders. But whatever. I'll sign.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3  Edited By Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

Erm... I don't think anyone sees this as an issue as you can go on buying things from your original region even if you move. Many regions support Paypal now, and you can always nip online and buy those pre-paid cards. It's an issue of convenience rather than some big issue.

And if you want games from your new location you can still buy them with another account or locally. I'm not seeing the issue here other than not being able to carry trophies over between profiles.

It's really not that big a deal as people with home consoles don't relocate on a permanant basis that frequently. Having multiple profiles support for devices that don't (such as the Vita) would be infinitely more useful to current PSN account holders.

Also that letter's suggestion to auto-detect region is a horrible, horrible idea. It would lock out reams of content that has been open to importers for years (assuming it not only detects but locks). Content that they've legitimately purchased. That's a horrifying thought.