PSN Password Reset, should I be concerned?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SolidIngram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidIngram
Member since 2012 • 62 Posts

I went on my PS4 this morning and it asked me to go on my computer and reset my password. Sony sent me an Email explaining that when they see unusual activity regarding a players account they auto reset there password to protect them, they encourage you to make a complex password also. This has got me a bit worried, I know nothing did happen and I did make my password much more complex but it still bothers me. Has this happened to anyone else?

john1217727

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 john1217727
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I received the same email. I followed the emails instructions and tried to reset my password using my PS4 and it told me to reset the password using my PC. I tried that several times and I kept on getting 'network' error. At this point, I became very frustrated and called Sony's customer service. The cr asked me for my gamertag so I gave her the tag I've been using on my PS4 which is just my name. She told me that was incorrect. Turns out my user name is different on my PS3 and it took me a while to remember it. And I just kept on getting more and more frustrated. Sony really needs to have an alternative way of establishing the identity of a user. Anyway, after about ten frustrating minutes we were finally able to reset the password. I asked her why was Sony forcing people to do this and she replied, it's for security reasons because there was a flaw in the PS4's password set up

I don't know if this is related, but last night and this morning before I reset my pw, I received a software error statement when I tried to auto login to PSN. I was still able to get online last night and play without any problems but could not to do today until I reset my pw. I've also received several notices over the last week that psn could not update my AC4 info. When I clicked on the notice, it said something like 'another account is using the same information' and so the update was not downloaded. I also received notices stating that my AC4 account had been updated. This may have occurred because my tag for AC4 is Long John Silver and I'm sure there are other players using the same tag.

Sony screwed up on this one. Apparently, so many people had to reset their pws that it caused network problems. Other this, I have had no problems with my PS4.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

I got the same thing. I was able to change it with ease though.

SolidIngram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SolidIngram
Member since 2012 • 62 Posts

This kind of thing is a bit unsettling but I guess it is what it is. Hopefully no ones account will get hacked.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

This is unsettling news, I just read this topic and got a pw reset email after I finished reading, what's more weird is, I don't even have a PS4 yet, just a PS3 account.