PSN+ Not Sounding So Great Afterall

This topic is locked from further discussion.

redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 redskins2156
Member since 2007 • 2553 Posts

I was really hyped about psn+ but after hearing about the content being released for it, my hype meter is going down. I just don't like the fact that you really don't have a choice when it comes to the free dynamic themes or the free classics or free psn games. If you can't let us choose which game we want for free, at least give us an option to choose from avatars or dynamic themes. And now I wonder how many betas we'll have access to, my guess is not very many.

optiplex7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 optiplex7
Member since 2006 • 738 Posts

I was hoping for the unlimited psone/minis downloads

xsynth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xsynth
Member since 2010 • 864 Posts

I was really hyped about psn+ but after hearing about the content being released for it, my hype meter is going down. I just don't like the fact that you really don't have a choice when it comes to the free dynamic themes or the free classics or free psn games. If you can't let us choose which game we want for free, at least give us an option to choose from avatars or dynamic themes. And now I wonder how many betas we'll have access to, my guess is not very many.

redskins2156
It's not like it's only this one option, forever. Of course there's going to be times when there's nothing of interest.
sportwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sportwarrior
Member since 2003 • 2462 Posts
Are they gonna offer a free game every month? Because if so, I think it's rather silly to complain about a lack of choice.
xsynth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xsynth
Member since 2010 • 864 Posts
Theres 4 free games each month
co-oper182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 co-oper182
Member since 2010 • 91 Posts
i think when he's says choice he means we should be able to choose what we went out of a selection since there offering games that most people already own ie first month LBP, wipeout hd ect
RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RoOodriGowW
Member since 2008 • 3309 Posts

It all sounds very muc like Qore , which was ubber ridiculous , not attractive at all.

cropcircles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cropcircles
Member since 2010 • 309 Posts
i might try it for 3 months to see if i like it.
gial240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 gial240
Member since 2004 • 2019 Posts

I'm pretty sure I heard a poll comes up and you choose the games that are listed. Game that was chosen most is what comes up that month. Could be wrong but it's something I'm thinking I heard haha.

redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 redskins2156
Member since 2007 • 2553 Posts

Exactly! Most of the stuff thats coming out in the first two months I already own. So if you think about it, if we had to start paying for PSN+ on day 1, the first two months for me would be a total waste. Because I already own most of the free content that they are offering for those two months.

i think when he's says choice he means we should be able to choose what we went out of a selection since there offering games that most people already own ie first month LBP, wipeout hd ect co-oper182

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I'm pretty sure I heard a poll comes up and you choose the games that are listed. Game that was chosen most is what comes up that month. Could be wrong but it's something I'm thinking I heard haha.

gial240

Yep, you're wrong.

:D

It's like cable TV, what's there is "premium content", but you don't get to choose what's on... the month's playlist is what it is. It could be of value to some. I never played LBP... this wouldn't change that at all because even for free, I'm not that moved to play it... but you never know, they could offer "Red Alert" or "Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2"...

... do you get to keep any trophies you score on free games like LBP, I wonder though?

TSNAKE617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TSNAKE617
Member since 2008 • 5494 Posts

[QUOTE="gial240"]

MonkeySpot

Yep, you're wrong.

It's like cable TV, what's there is "premium content", but you don't get to choose what's on... the month's playlist is what it is. It could be of value to some. I never played LBP... this wouldn't change that at all because even for free, I'm not that moved to play it... but you never know, they could offer "Red Alert" or "Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2"...

... do you get to keep any trophies you score on free games like LBP, I wonder though?

You don't seem to understand it. The free games are only downloadable games. LBP: GOTY is only a special offer for the people who sign up within a certain time period. You won't be getting full-length game.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

It sounded great when they announced free games to go with the service.

Not so great when the free games are tied in with the subscription.

Back to great again when it's 4 games per month + free avatars + free dynamic themes.

I mean seriously, there isn't that many dynamic themes/avatars to begin with atm. Eventually you'll get it all with the subscription.

jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 jshaas
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

[QUOTE="gial240"]

TSNAKE617

Yep, you're wrong.

You don't seem to understand it. The free games are only downloadable games. LBP: GOTY is only a special offer for the people who sign up within a certain time period. You won't be getting full-length game.

They can put any game they want on PSN... Burnout Paradise anyone? It's a "full-length" game. We get 1 PSN title, 2 minis, and 1 PSone cla$$ic each month. I bet there will be at least one game each month that will be worth having. @MonkeySpot... any trophies earned are yours, like the games, for as long as you sub. Any trophies earned in a "full-game trial" will be yours when you purchase said game.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

I buy a ton of PSN content as well as a Qore subscription so its actually a good deal for me

JMattM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JMattM
Member since 2004 • 148 Posts

The only tangible benefit I see is update push. That, to me, isn't worth the 50 bucks.

Getting acess to betas, discounts, and free content is nice but not a deal maker.

I'll check back with the service when it "evolves".

bigboss1203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 bigboss1203
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

I wasnt planning on getting it anyways, as long as online play is free Ill probably never pay for PSN, however, if Sony added netflix in with that fee they are charging for it, then I would consider it

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#18 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I'm just not too interested in any of it. Maybe if I've got some money laying around that I just have to get rid of, and I've got a few beers in me LOL. But otherwise I think I'll skip it.

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
Theres 4 free games each monthxsynth
It's hardly free since you have to pay for the subscription, but yeah..you get 3-4.
zbdyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 zbdyx
Member since 2007 • 2055 Posts
I'm going to need to delete a lot of stuff off of my HDD. PSN+ is amazing, and better yet, it's optional.
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts
They should have offered new content for free instead of old stuff that most of us already own. That would have been much more appealing.
Avatar image for Roland123_basic
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Roland123_basic
Member since 2002 • 3841 Posts

waste of money, waste of time.

inFamousLemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 inFamousLemon
Member since 2010 • 218 Posts

Id do it if i got my collections

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#24 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
I was interested until I heard that you don't get to try it for 3 months for free... only if you subscribe for a year. After that news, I tuned out... never to return.
Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

Hopefully Sony will realize that they can't sell the service if all they do is let us download the crappiest PSN titles. I'm sure they'll let us download plenty of good games. Unfortunately that might mean that you are shorted a month because you already have the game...I know for the first month they're giving out Wipeout HD and that's supposed to be a good game (I've only played the demo once) so hopefully they keep giving out good stuff :)

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts
I was interested until I heard that you don't get to try it for 3 months for free... only if you subscribe for a year. After that news, I tuned out... never to return.donalbane
Oh what, there's no more 3 months free trial? That sucks. Nothing PSN+ interests me. Especially those automatic downloads. It would suck waking up and turning your PS3 and you find out your HDD ran out of space because of these automatic downloads for demos, plus you have to install each one of them manually.
mushi799

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mushi799
Member since 2006 • 1163 Posts

I was hoping for some free movies/tv series each month. Maybe 1 free movie download per month. Something... Maybe even a package deal with nfl network, football season is coming up. Be creative sony!.

jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 jshaas
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts
[QUOTE="donalbane"]I was interested until I heard that you don't get to try it for 3 months for free... only if you subscribe for a year. After that news, I tuned out... never to return.gago-gago
Oh what, there's no more 3 months free trial? That sucks. Nothing PSN+ interests me. Especially those automatic downloads. It would suck waking up and turning your PS3 and you find out your HDD ran out of space because of these automatic downloads for demos, plus you have to install each one of them manually.

There never was a 3 month trial for free. It was mistaken for the 3 months for free if you sign up for a year by Aug. 3rd.