PSN is PiSsN'n Me Off...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

So, I went on PSN via Media Go to purchase a PSOne Classic... I know it's on the store, but it doesn't come up in searches, or any other form of scanning the contents of PSP/PSOne games when looking for it via Media Go... I see it when I visit the store via my PS3, but I cannot find it on Media Go, which is where I would rather purchase it as the HDD on my PS3 is full of goodies I would like to keep there.

WTF? Why is a game blatantly easy to find on PS3 store, but not on my computer? My home net security isn't supported by my PSP anymore, so I guess the question is, can i use my PS3 to "tunnel" my PSP onto the store and buy the desired PSOne game, there-by being able to actually purchase it and DL it onto my PSP2000 without having to DL it to my PS3 first?

Complicated, I know. Thanks for checking in on this and advice you may have.

:)

#2 Posted by starwarsjunky (24765 posts) -
yeah, its badly organized. i don't know how someone said "lets make it HARDER to use!!!" and then everyone else in the room said "yeah! that's a GREAT idea!!!" it just baffles me...
#3 Posted by Gxgear (10425 posts) -

Sony is &$#%ing dumb.

I had a couple of games that doesn't come up as "purchased" on the store, so when I called support they told me to download them off my list...I have almsot 3000 items on there. It wouldn't be so bad if they just added options to sort your list.

#4 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

yeah, its badly organized. i don't know how someone said "lets make it HARDER to use!!!" and then everyone else in the room said "yeah! that's a GREAT idea!!!" it just baffles me...starwarsjunky

This goes beyond oganization, though... There are two different offerings (possibly more), depending on what you use to peruse the store... Baffling...

:lol:

Do you know, off-hand, if I can access the store on my PSP2000, using my PS3 as a conduit? By any chance?

#5 Posted by starwarsjunky (24765 posts) -

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"]yeah, its badly organized. i don't know how someone said "lets make it HARDER to use!!!" and then everyone else in the room said "yeah! that's a GREAT idea!!!" it just baffles me...MonkeySpot

This goes beyond oganization, though... There are two different offerings (possibly more), depending on what you use to peruse the store... Baffling...

:lol:

Do you know, off-hand, if I can access the store on my PSP2000, using my PS3 as a conduit? By any chance?

only have a vita, so i can't tell ya. sorry. i meant organization as the whole interface in general btw. guess i just didn't state it clearly :P
#6 Posted by MarcRecon (8102 posts) -

Monk....the PSN store sucks PERIOD! I'm so frustrated with it! 0

#7 Posted by Threesixtyci (4451 posts) -
what's the game?
#8 Posted by jordonj (1069 posts) -
If I remember right, you can connect to your PS3's wireless by using it as an access point and download it that way, I myself haven't tried it (and thanks to the 50+ hour weeks I have had lately, I have had scant time to even game). What are you using for security (wpa2?) I don't even bother with that, I stick to using an access control list (there's this brat who keeps trying to use it via her smartphone, but since that device's MAC address isn't in the ACL, nope! Not happening!) Anyways switch to that and you can download to your PSP to your heart's content. Good Luck!