PSN Error: 8002AD23 help?

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pure_Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Pure_Awesome
Member since 2006 • 1684 Posts

on the PS3 I keep getting this error that signs me out of the PSN.

Error: 8002AD23

It disconnects me within 30 minutes of playing, and soon as I disconnect I can sign back in straight away....

anyone got any help on how to fix?

Thanks

RotaryRX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 RotaryRX7
Member since 2003 • 7184 Posts

Does it disconnect you from PSN or the internet entirely?

Next time it happens, try to use the web browser. If it won't work, then it's your internet causing the problem. If the web browser works, it's PSN.

How frequent has this been happening?

RotaryRX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RotaryRX7
Member since 2003 • 7184 Posts

Also, are you connected wirelessly or wired?

shmedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 shmedo
Member since 2006 • 228 Posts
I get the same error sometimes. I have a wireless connection but yeah, doesnt really bother me all that much but it'd be nice to stop it. I'll try the browser next time it happens.
Pure_Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Pure_Awesome

im not sure ill try it next time, but I use Wireless Internet with a Dlink DGL 4300 Router.

It didn't use to happen though.

Pure_Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Pure_Awesome

oh, by does the web browser work question? if you are meaning on any computer it will still work. Its just the PS3 thats getting the issue.

But I havent tried the web browser on the ps3.

dholmes19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 dholmes19
Member since 2006 • 1805 Posts

yeah it happens to me quite a bit too lately...I am wired with a wireless linksys G router.

bird_chest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 bird_chest
Member since 2007 • 146 Posts
I was just about to post about this. I wanted to play some warhawk but I noticed I've been getting signed out about every 30 mins also. I'm using a Linksys wireless G router.
Pure_Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pure_Awesome

yeah apparantly the rumor is, that one of later firmware patches is causing this problem..

according to one site I looked at.

Anyone know anything a bit more concrete?

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#10 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
I also have this problem, and the browser works so it's not my internet.
brandojones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 brandojones
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts
I had the problem a couple of times now but it has been a while. I also use a wired connection.
Avatar image for deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
deactivated-6075a5c511e8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
Member since 2005 • 7222 Posts
http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&thread.id=1857127&view=by_date_ascending&page=1.
jjr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jjr10
Member since 2005 • 5880 Posts
See, i told ya you'd get more help here.
Pure_Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pure_Awesome

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&thread.id=1857127&view=by_date_ascending&page=1. theycallmeryan

lol, that doesn't really have a explanation for this issue lol :(

GranReyUno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GranReyUno
Member since 2007 • 1542 Posts
I had the same issue with my PS3 with using the linksys. Just turn of media sharing and reconfig your connection on your PS3. This should fix it even if they type is NAT 3.
Pure_Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pure_Awesome

I had the same issue with my PS3 with using the linksys. Just turn of media sharing and reconfig your connection on your PS3. This should fix it even if they type is NAT 3.GranReyUno

hmm suprisingly I havent had it happen today... Wonder if it can last the whole day without doing it.

Pure_Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Pure_Awesome

[QUOTE="GranReyUno"]I had the same issue with my PS3 with using the linksys. Just turn of media sharing and reconfig your connection on your PS3. This should fix it even if they type is NAT 3.Pure_Awesome

hmm suprisingly I havent had it happen today... Wonder if it can last the whole day without doing it.

and with that, now its happening again... ungh

bbuck187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bbuck187
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I had similar issues---8002AD23---logged out of PSN---usually when playing Tiger Woods 2007. I tried everything I could find on the web and nothing worked. I finally broke down and bought a "gaming" router and it was like magic---no more problems. I was running a d-link di-624 wireless and after a bunch of research I bought the d-link gaming router dgl-4300 I believe (gamer lounge) for $90 on amazon. Seriously, no problems,great connection--didn't forward any ports, didn't turn on "game fuel" which is their priority thing....so maybe it's your router...or not.
dosochentaydos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dosochentaydos
Member since 2005 • 140 Posts

all of this i about to drive me crazy because i have a d-link router but i haven't tried it yet on my ps3 and now with all these about the ps3 compatibility with d-link i don't know what's gonna happen... !!!!

does anyone has a d-link router that works with ps3???now i think mine is too old and won't work!!!!!

C_U_B_S_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 C_U_B_S_1
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Someone help me lol. Ive had a ps3 since July and got Call of Duty 4 over xmas break. For the first couple of days I would be able to play non stop no interruptions. Then all of a sudden I start getting "connection interrupted" message while playing, it kicks me out of the game, then kicks me off the psn with the 8002AD23 errror. Im able to sign right back on after getting kicked off but then it kicks me off again not even 5 min into a match, every time. I have a GT071-WG Actiontec Router, I have a 60gig PS3 with the built in wireless, and I also have a lan cable if that would make the solution easier. Any help at all would be amazing. Thanks.
C_U_B_S_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 C_U_B_S_1

Oh and more info I have NAT type 2, when I use wireless internet its always between 90-100%. I have Quest Broadband service, ive turned off the media server connection which is supposidly supposed to help but it doesnt, and I also have deleted the recent patch for cod4 which is said to help and then re-download it, but I havnt been able to download it, it always stops and says fatal error. So ya any help would be fantastic, I want to start playing again lol

septemberluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 septemberluc
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts

Oh and more info I have NAT type 2, when I use wireless internet its always between 90-100%. I have Quest Broadband service, ive turned off the media server connection which is supposidly supposed to help but it doesnt, and I also have deleted the recent patch for cod4 which is said to help and then re-download it, but I havnt been able to download it, it always stops and says fatal error. So ya any help would be fantastic, I want to start playing again lol

C_U_B_S_1

Man, I have Qwest Broadband as well, and I still can't get NAT type 2 unless I plug my PS3 directly into my router. I've disabled the media server connection, I've DMZ'd my PS3, I've screwed around with port triggering/forwarding and I still can't get no love. :(
jrorl63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jrorl63
Member since 2003 • 723 Posts
i use wireless and thats happened to me too id lose internet completely and have to restart my ps3 and it seems that metal or solid objects near my ps3 would interfere with it such as my keyboard i use on it or my guitar hero controller so try and move objects away from it if that might be a problem i know it helped me
C_U_B_S_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 C_U_B_S_1
Ok ya ill try moving some stuff around thanxs, and also wat does DMZing your ps3 mean, Im not network savey so dont get all pissed lol. It sounds like it helps people. And also I found on these forums troubleshooting tips and walk throughs for Linkseys and Netgear and every other router besides my Actiontec lol. And ive looked all over the internet for solutions but cant find any. So if anybody has an Actiontec router that is network savey and wants to help me out, or have found a thread that helps the Actiontec users that would be great. Thanks again
ParadiddleFill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ParadiddleFill
Member since 2007 • 3506 Posts
okay guys if this is happening with the wirless connections it could be because your Access Point Frequency channel is the same as your cordless phone or whatever other device uses gigahertz frequency. This means you need to change your wireless channel number to something with a high frequency rate. This can be done on your router settings
ParadiddleFill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ParadiddleFill
if you guys are on channel 3 on your wireless router settings it could mean that other radio frequencys are interfering with your access point. These could be cordless phones, radios, tvs with antennas
Avatar image for texasbballandfb
texasbballandfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 texasbballandfb
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
How do you increase the frequency on your wireless router? I have a ****** wireless g plus mimo router.
ParadiddleFill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ParadiddleFill

How do you increase the frequency on your wireless router? I have a ****** wireless g plus mimo router.texasbballandfb

there should be an option when you type your routers ip address in a URL

go to wireless options and there should be an option called wireless channel number i would put it to 6 if its on 3 or even 4 that means its operating at around 2.5gigherts. Cordless phones and other devices ussually operate at that level

ParadiddleFill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ParadiddleFill
dont put it to high though the higher the channel the less your wireless range
texasbballandfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 texasbballandfb
Thanks hopefully that will help out.
ParadiddleFill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ParadiddleFill

Thanks hopefully that will help out.texasbballandfb

no problem again if it doesnt work try diffrent channel settings

texasbballandfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 texasbballandfb
I just checked my wireless phone and it says that it is 5.8 ghz. I changed my modem channel to 6. Does the phone's 5.8 ghz have anything to do with its channel? or would it still be 3 or 4 like you said?
ParadiddleFill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ParadiddleFill

I just checked my wireless phone and it says that it is 5.8 ghz. I changed my modem channel to 6. Does the phone's 5.8 ghz have anything to do with its channel? or would it still be 3 or 4 like you said?texasbballandfb

if its a 5.8 ghz phone then you should be fine because most routers operate at 2.5ghz and cordless phones these days operate usually at 2.5ghz as well which cause the interference and disconnections. Leave it at 6 because if you live in an aprtment or close to your neighbors house and you leave it on 1 or 2 chances are your frequencies will overlap. Giving your router a bigger channel number gap ussually between 5 numbers like 1-6 -11 will ensure that you have a big enough gap not to cause this interference. But if your phone is 5.8 ghz then you shouldent worry about it interfering with your router

C_U_B_S_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 C_U_B_S_1
Im running at channel 9 with my router, would the phones be interfering with a setting that hi?
C_U_B_S_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 C_U_B_S_1
K what is up with this, this is what pisses me off. Last night i redownloaded the patch around 6 and i played till 3 this morning. THen I woke up around 8 cuz I had a late start and worked perfectly fine still. Now when I get home from Laccrosse practice I started getting the "Connection Interrupted" error and it kicks me off with this gay 8002AD23 error WTF. How do i fix this permenetly?
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I had the same error for a couple weeks, except I was staying logged in for about 5 minutes tops. One day it just went away. I don't remember what I did though. It's super annoying I know.
C_U_B_S_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 C_U_B_S_1

Ya thats how it is for me. If you remember what you ddid that would be greatly appreciated . Thanx

RoganSarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 RoganSarine
Member since 2005 • 1490 Posts
It just went away for my one day too... It could have been one of 2 problems: my faulty ethernet cable... or the fact I got rid of my 2.4 ghz phones for 5.8 ghz phones so it didn't interfere with my router. A couple weeks ago my ethernet cable that came bundled with my ps3 basically broke. The head was faulty that cliped it in the back.
Avatar image for LittleBigGamer1
LittleBigGamer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 LittleBigGamer1
Member since 2008 • 97 Posts
ok ok ok i get this problem too.answer me to these questions: Have you bought a EA game recently?? if true did you have these problem before you purchased that game??? because i recently got Burnout Paradise and i never had any problems before then, then i started happening when got Burnout!!!!!!!! So it might be that its a EA game problem
Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#41 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
Try updating the firmware on your router. I did last night and it seemed to work (I was getting signed out constantly), yet I'll have to play some more to know if the problem is fixed for good.
darbyshireandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 darbyshireandy
Member since 2004 • 659 Posts

what is your nat type?

micky4889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 micky4889
Member since 2006 • 2668 Posts

on the PS3 I keep getting this error that signs me out of the PSN.

Error: 8002AD23

It disconnects me within 30 minutes of playing, and soon as I disconnect I can sign back in straight away....

anyone got any help on how to fix?

Thanks

Pure_Awesome
Its your routers firewall thats causing the problem
darbyshireandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 darbyshireandy

t his is the best walk- thru i have got off the net to sort out your nat type

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/610541 (sorry dont know how to link) hope it helps it helped me out loads:D

The_Dan_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 The_Dan_K
Member since 2008 • 442 Posts

Sorry if already stated.

This is a widespread issue with wireless connections. I have ben working with a buddy's PC and router trying to get this issue resolved. We have tried many things.

The quickest and lamest fix is diabling the media server function on the PS3. It seems that having that one creates network conflicts on some routers or setups. Odd thing is, my biddy and I have the same router. Mine works, his doesn't.

Here's one possible fix I found today. Give it a shot, let me know if it works.

http://maikelv.be/blog/2007/10/27/ps3-and-linksys-wrt54g-the-solution-2/#more-9

darbyshireandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 darbyshireandy
to dan k you dont need to dissable your media server use this it does work i was having trouble try it its the best http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/610541
The_Dan_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 The_Dan_K

to dan k you dont need to dissable your media server use this it does work i was having trouble try it its the best http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/610541darbyshireandy

Nope. Been there and done that. The PS3 has been in the DMZ, issue with media server remains. Thank you for the suggestion, though.

What router are you using? We have the widely used Linksys WRT54GS.

darbyshireandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 darbyshireandy

[QUOTE="darbyshireandy"]to dan k you dont need to dissable your media server use this it does work i was having trouble try it its the best http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/610541The_Dan_K

Nope. Been there and done that. The PS3 has been in the DMZ, issue with media server remains. Thank you for the suggestion, though.

sorry no help dude it worked for me i did turn of the firewall in the router tho . I use the same router as you and mine works great ( i know you dont want to hear that!)
Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#49 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts

[QUOTE="darbyshireandy"]to dan k you dont need to dissable your media server use this it does work i was having trouble try it its the best http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/610541The_Dan_K

I have a WRT54GS. I updated my firmware to v1.52.5. So far so good. Check the version number on the bottom of the router. Link
The_Dan_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 The_Dan_K
[QUOTE="The_Dan_K"]

[QUOTE="darbyshireandy"]to dan k you dont need to dissable your media server use this it does work i was having trouble try it its the best http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/610541Darthmatt

I have a WRT54GS. I updated my firmware to v1.52.5. So far so good. Check the version number on the bottom of the router. Link

And do you have the PS3 in the DMZ with a static IP? Or do you just have ports forwarded?