psn credit card problem/question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hammoud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hammoud
Member since 2004 • 1418 Posts

is there a problem with adding funds to ur psn wallet from a credit card, cuz i keep trying to do that and it keeps telling me that the card is invalid and i use this card for everything, i have an american console with an american psn and an american credit card, not that all these should make a difference but i dont see what the problem could be. i've tried over and over and it just doesn't work, does anybody know anything i should know, thanx in advance

lyndonAPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 lyndonAPI
Member since 2002 • 2794 Posts
You need to make sure the address you are putting in for the card is EXACTLY the same as it appears on the statement. Even having one little period where it shouldn't be will be enough to make the network not accept the card.
Avatar image for Chester_Diamond
Chester_Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Chester_Diamond
Member since 2009 • 323 Posts

maybe you're skint (broke)

Orgymang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Orgymang
Member since 2003 • 314 Posts

Same issue as the OP. I guess Sony just doesn't want any of my money...

BonoBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BonoBoy
Member since 2002 • 587 Posts
I have had some problems with this too...certain cards it will just not accept...others it will. I have quite a collection of CCs sadly...oh well as long as the life insurance is greater than the debt! ;)
jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
You need to make sure the address you are putting in for the card is EXACTLY the same as it appears on the statement. Even having one little period where it shouldn't be will be enough to make the network not accept the card.lyndonAPI
this is probably your problem, or maybe the name on the card it has to be exact also
hammoud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hammoud

you gys mean like case sensitive and stuff like that, and by exact address u mean as in the address that my bank has on file, like it has to be exactly the same, i'll try that and see what happens, and no im not broke

90xGrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 90xGrad
Member since 2009 • 528 Posts

send me your credit card and i'll see if i can fix the problem

hammoud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hammoud

^^YA OK!! LOL! and btw, i got it to work, apparently u guys were right, this time i made sure i got the address to be exactly the same as what my bank has and made sure everything was case correct (dunno if that mattered) but it worked yay! thanks guys

Avatar image for untouchables111
untouchables111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 untouchables111
Member since 2005 • 1650 Posts
Um the is something that some cards companys will not accept. It's like pre-authing the card. They reject it. It's called something I can't remember. I had an hsbc card that it didn't have this feature and so I couldn't use it. Call ur card company and they will tell u what it's called. Or it could be ur address.
rtrbubba622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 rtrbubba622
Member since 2009 • 47 Posts
I had this problem too. try all caps and don't abbreviate, like S. MAIN STREET versus SOUTH MAIN STREET that's what was screwing me over. If this doesn't work, then like others said, your card probably doesn't accept charges like these. Like the rotten ones I have that won't let me online gamble! :(