Cascada22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Cascada22
Member since 2015 • 35 Posts

On Thursday 21st October My PSN Got hacked- They my Changed email & put £40 in my PSN Wallet....

Disputed with paypal about the £40 transaction to PSN wallet £15+£15+£10 as I didn't do it and nothing I want on the PSN Store

Then rung Sony got account back and asked for refund (Told man about PayPal) he said to get PS4 Serial number (To speed up process & I was at work so no PS4 With me) and to ring later (Was 45mins-1hour hour wait) with serial number, Customer service shut at 7 so hung up... if not leave PayPal to do the work... (He wasn't that helpful)

Ok so Paypal got me refund now but my account is now suspended/Banned

so rung up Sony Friday 28th October 45 min wait (Was connected to very helpful Scottish lady) who took off the hackers Playstation/Sub accounts and banned them for life and put my account as priority & up the chain to the fraud team and told me my account is suspended till the investigation is complete could take up to 2-3 weeks (Hopefully quicker) but should 100% Get my account back and will need to change password/security questions again..

So should I get my PSN Account back or is it gone forever? Don't wanna loose my PSN Friends/DLC Etc

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@cascada22: This is why you enable 2-factor authentication.

Avatar image for Genuine-Chicken
Genuine-Chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Genuine-Chicken
Member since 2005 • 27 Posts

Hi, what happened? Did u get your account back and if so how long did it take?

Same thing happened to me last yesterday, got hacked, PayPal took the money back after u contacted them to stop future payments then got banned.

Have spoken to Sony who said its with finance team (I think) and that all the evidence should be sufficient to get account back, but slightly worried.

NingYupOwaDat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NingYupOwaDat
Member since 2016 • 182 Posts

Somebody else recently had a thread about this saying the account gets banned if you go through PayPal for a refund because Sony don't do refunds. Not sure of the details.

My account was hacked too. No purchases were made or anything so I got it back no problem.

Avatar image for Genuine-Chicken
Genuine-Chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Genuine-Chicken
Member since 2005 • 27 Posts

Does anyone know timescales to get a suspended account re-activated once all the information (serial number) has been provided?

We talking days or weeks?