This topic is locked from further discussion.

jayme22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jayme22
Member since 2003 • 303 Posts
that EA had stated that the current set of release games for the ps3 actually only use 10% of the ps3's power which is a good sign. so i really like the comparisons done on the Gamespot cuz it shows that games like nfs carbon running at 10% power on the ps3 and probably at least half power on the 360 lol
MarvelMan55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MarvelMan55
Member since 2007 • 364 Posts
PSM is a junk magazine always has been always will be. But what EA said is true, doesnt change PSM from bein junk
nexusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nexusprime
Member since 2004 • 877 Posts
10% of it total power is running games at R:FoM level ...:shock:WTF . Can you imagine even 60% ....
psyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 psyum
Member since 2006 • 3268 Posts
any link? , and if what they said its true, then :shock::o
balindos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 balindos
Member since 2003 • 2424 Posts

Yeah PSM also said this

http://www.gamesradar.com/us/ps3/game/news/article.jsp?sectionId=1006&articleId=2007013115218218019&releaseId=20060314115917309058

PlayStation-centric US magazine PSM has put PS3 and Xbox 360 through a series of rigorous tests in a "definitive head-to-head comparison," and has come out with what must be a surprising result for subscribers: the next-gen console war is a dead heat.

PSM offers a balanced case for pledging your allegiance to either platform, even roping in the editor-in-chief of the US Official Xbox Magazine to defend Xbox 360. Although, with one section pointing out that "PS3 wins if... You're a loner who doesn't plan to use community features much," it seems the barbed comments have been reserved for PS3.

After admitting that "360 is more impressive [in terms of having 'big' games]" and the Xbox interface "offers a lot more functionality than PS3's," we had to double check the flannel panel to make sure that Peter Moore hadn't sneaked a spot as the month's special guest writer

Yeah I would say PSM is junk.  Just like OXM.

washimul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 washimul
Member since 2006 • 841 Posts

yes EA admitted that their games were using around 10--20% of ps3's power.........however i doubt that too...........i believe it is 5% at best.

as for RFOM.............insomniac calimed that they were using just 2 spes and the PPE.............read palybeyond's forums for that article.

NINJA THEORY confirmed that CELL was leaps and bounds ahead of the latest pc cores(including quad cores).......read 1up for that........they believe ps3 's potential is virtually unlimited.

RAPIDMIND and iSUPPLY both tested the ps3 against the supercomputers of the late nineties.

they termed ps3s as a supercomputer with the price of a pc.

washimul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 washimul

http://www.consumerelectronicsnet.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=96305

RAPIDMIND's reinstating the claim of ps3 being a supercomputer

robbie80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 robbie80
Member since 2005 • 988 Posts

that EA had stated that the current set of release games for the ps3 actually only use 10% of the ps3's power which is a good sign. so i really like the comparisons done on the Gamespot cuz it shows that games like nfs carbon running at 10% power on the ps3 and probably at least half power on the 360 loljayme22
 I dont think developer have even use half the power of the xbox 360 it only bing out a year and few month i say that developer are using about 20% to 30% of the ps3 power

joevfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 joevfx
Member since 2004 • 978 Posts

Yeah PSM also said this

http://www.gamesradar.com/us/ps3/game/news/article.jsp?sectionId=1006&articleId=2007013115218218019&releaseId=20060314115917309058

PlayStation-centric US magazine PSM has put PS3 and Xbox 360 through a series of rigorous tests in a "definitive head-to-head comparison," and has come out with what must be a surprising result for subscribers: the next-gen console war is a dead heat.

PSM offers a balanced case for pledging your allegiance to either platform, even roping in the editor-in-chief of the US Official Xbox Magazine to defend Xbox 360. Although, with one section pointing out that "PS3 wins if... You're a loner who doesn't plan to use community features much," it seems the barbed comments have been reserved for PS3.

After admitting that "360 is more impressive [in terms of having 'big' games]" and the Xbox interface "offers a lot more functionality than PS3's," we had to double check the flannel panel to make sure that Peter Moore hadn't sneaked a spot as the month's special guest writer

Yeah I would say PSM is junk.  Just like OXM.

balindos
yeah but they did this comparision with games that were developed FOR the 360 and ported to the ps3. so that means that a system that has only been out for 3 months is just as good if not better then a system that has been out for over a year. So imagine what we will see when they do this comparison again next year.
b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 b11051973
Member since 2002 • 7621 Posts
10% of the PS3's power. Whatever If they are only using 10% of the power, than the most they'll ever use is like 30%.
joevfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 joevfx
Member since 2004 • 978 Posts
[QUOTE="b11051973"]10% of the PS3's power. Whatever If they are only using 10% of the power, than the most they'll ever use is like 30%.

this is nothign new , Sony already said that it will take developers years to use anywhere near close to 100% of the cell unit. its like the human brain, we dont use the whole thing.
jayhadit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jayhadit
Member since 2006 • 337 Posts
[QUOTE="joevfx"][QUOTE="b11051973"]10% of the PS3's power. Whatever If they are only using 10% of the power, than the most they'll ever use is like 30%.

this is nothign new , Sony already said that it will take developers years to use anywhere near close to 100% of the cell unit. its like the human brain, we dont use the whole thing.

i know it's off topic...but we use all of our brain. That's just a myth. do an internet search for brodmann's map if you don't believe me.
gizmo_logix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gizmo_logix
Member since 2005 • 4224 Posts
Out of all the dev companiest EA games look the worst. There's not bad. Just have issues. I'm mean, we already know what the PS3 can do when a dev spends time on it (RFOM, Motorstorm). Why can't EA do the same or at least get close to RFOM? In 1-2 years I'd expect EA to make their games to the level of RFOM since GoW3, KZ, RFOM2, FFXIII will surpass what's been done up till now.
washimul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 washimul

[QUOTE="jayme22"]that EA had stated that the current set of release games for the ps3 actually only use 10% of the ps3's power which is a good sign. so i really like the comparisons done on the Gamespot cuz it shows that games like nfs carbon running at 10% power on the ps3 and probably at least half power on the 360 lolrobbie80

I dont think developer have even use half the power of the xbox 360 it only bing out a year and few month i say that developer are using about 20% to 30% of the ps3 power

GEARS OF WAR maxes x360s power........read epic's blogs.

LOST PLANET was restrianed due to power limitations on x360........the game is very slow indeed.

No ingame  physics in GEOW.

RIDGE RACER 7 at 1080p at 60fps .....only possible on ps3.......how much power is it using

http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/30-10-2006-3931.html

LAIR is only posssible on ps3.........the devs would at best use 50% of ps3's power.

read ign for proof

MGS4 only possible on ps3.......althougfh a watered down x360 version is possible too.

DMC 4 only posssible on ps3.

none of the above games could use more than 50% of ps3's power..........although 20--30% is more likely.

HEAVENLY SWORD uses a fraction of CELL's power according to NINJA THEORy

haze_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 haze_blaze
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts
[QUOTE="b11051973"]10% of the PS3's power. Whatever If they are only using 10% of the power, than the most they'll ever use is like 30%.

Not true. Only a few devs ever max out the power of any console, but devs like Square Enix will come pretty close... and by the end of the console's cycle there will be a few devs that are coming pretty close to maxing it out.
washimul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 washimul

Out of all the dev companiest EA games look the worst. There's not bad. Just have issues. I'm mean, we already know what the PS3 can do when a dev spends time on it (RFOM, Motorstorm). Why can't EA do the same or at least get close to RFOM? In 1-2 years I'd expect EA to make their games to the level of RFOM since GoW3, KZ, RFOM2, FFXIII will surpass what's been done up till now.gizmo_logix

very true.........lol

washimul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 washimul

[QUOTE="b11051973"]10% of the PS3's power. Whatever If they are only using 10% of the power, than the most they'll ever use is like 30%.haze_blaze
Not true. Only a few devs ever max out the power of any console, but devs like Square Enix will come pretty close... and by the end of the console's cycle there will be a few devs that are coming pretty close to maxing it out.

agreed..........but i think GUERILLA comprises of very talented devs too.

i am not saying they are on par with KOJIMA/SQUARE but they are talented nontheless

SmokeHaze360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SmokeHaze360
Member since 2006 • 102 Posts

[QUOTE="haze_blaze"][QUOTE="b11051973"]10% of the PS3's power. Whatever If they are only using 10% of the power, than the most they'll ever use is like 30%.washimul

i am not saying they are on par with KOJIMA/SQUARE but they are talented nontheless

dont forget ROCKSTAR
troy_mw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 troy_mw
Member since 2007 • 139 Posts
Really untill i get rumble back and some good games for my ps3, i hardly care about any of this "potential"
washimul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 washimul
[QUOTE="washimul"]

[QUOTE="haze_blaze"][QUOTE="b11051973"]10% of the PS3's power. Whatever If they are only using 10% of the power, than the most they'll ever use is like 30%.SmokeHaze360

dont forget ROCKSTAR

yes i agreed alraedy .......BUNGIE/ROCKSTAR/ INSOMNIAC/ CAPCOM /KONAMI/GUERILLA/EVO all have talented devs even if they are no on the same par as TECMO/SQUARE/KOJIMA

balindos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 balindos
Member since 2003 • 2424 Posts
These are ways to get you to buy a PS3 and their games.  Yeah Epic said Gears is maxing out the 360 and then after the game released for a month or 2 they stated that their is much more power.  EA well they just still using last gens power on all games.  The only people that say a game can be done on one system only are the only ones that say anything like that.  But wait when they port they will change their word.
six_shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 six_shot
Member since 2007 • 1388 Posts
well...thats cool? i just wanna see some awesome games come out for the ps3 soon to shut up the ps3 bashing, its sorta pissing me off :/ DMC4 is gonna be amazing
Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts
that EA had stated that the current set of release games for the ps3 actually only use 10% of the ps3's power which is a good sign. so i really like the comparisons done on the Gamespot cuz it shows that games like nfs carbon running at 10% power on the ps3 and probably at least half power on the 360 loljayme22
Again, if the topic involves a comparison of the Ps3 with another console, it belongs in SW.